PDA

View Full Version : trigger help

AngelOfDeath888
11-01-2002, 05:48 PM
could someone give me some advice on some good triggers i could get for my auto mag?

spazzed
11-01-2002, 06:36 PM
I don't believe there's anything you can get for the stock frame.

However, if you're in the market for a new trigger-frame, the Dye & Benchmark frames are decent. I would recommend getting an Intelliframe from AGD.

Hmmm.... then again, you could always get a custom trigger made.

Bulldog
11-01-2002, 06:37 PM
Not sure exactly what your looking for, but I'd suggest an intelliframe. Best frame out there, sweet trigger, and short pull. If your just looking to buy a trigger and add it to your regular frame...I'd still suggest an I frame.

Edit - I type slow.

spazzed
11-01-2002, 07:20 PM
Who da man? I da man!! :D

Bulldog
11-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Ya ya, you the man, and I'm the master of hunt and peck! :)

AngelOfDeath888
11-02-2002, 10:47 AM
i was looking at that z-grip trigger , i think that is what it is called , and that looks pretty sweet , does anyone know how it shoots?..

spazzed
11-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Blahblahblah!

Hold your horses for just a second there. Are you looking for a new trigger Frame, or just a new trigger??

Either way, before you go out & buy a z-grip, I Highly recommend tryihg one out first.

AngelOfDeath888
11-02-2002, 05:13 PM
sorry about the confusion , i ment to say what would be a new trigger frame that i would want to consider?..

yea you are right about trying it out first ..thanks

spazzed
11-02-2002, 05:34 PM
No problem :)

I-frames are the way to go. You'll be better off in hte long run. I've had both A dye & my current I-frame, and the dye's suck. Period. Go w/ an I-frame, or if you can find a Z to try out, & you like it, go w/ it ;)

AngelOfDeath888
11-02-2002, 10:52 PM
just wondering , does anybody know how much the intelliframe weighs ?, it won't make my gun too heavey will it? , sorry if i for some reason missed that on the web site some wheres..

Bulldog
11-03-2002, 01:26 AM
I don't know the exact weight, but they're not that heavy, they aren't the lightest frame either, but I have one on my Micro mag, and weight is a HUGE issue with me. They are heavier than the composite frame, but those darn things made out of plasic! I wouldn't be concerned. Worry about what tank you mount, and what kind of loading system you use, those are the heavy things. IMHO. :)

AngelOfDeath888
11-03-2002, 10:39 AM
hmmm , are all oils and lubes ok to use on the automag or are there specific ones i should be getting?

thanks for all the help you guys have been giving me , can't ya tell i am a neeeeeewbeee:)

Bulldog
11-03-2002, 10:53 AM
Kermode Concepts is the best, but any paintball oil is fine.

AngelOfDeath888
11-03-2002, 11:44 AM
i'll be sure to keep that in mind thanks a lot , now i just got done reading the warpfeed page , all about the warpfeed whoooooa ,and it seems like it would make the gun very bulky on one side , is that true , if so does it just take some getting used to , what are the main bennifits of having a warpfeed

Bulldog
11-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Warps are great when they're set up properly, but are not for everyone. The main advantage to a warp is to get the hopper off the top of your gun to avoid those hopper hits. It also provides for a pretty ballanced setup, as the weight is brought towards the center of the gun. It's kinda hard to appreciate in words untill you actually hold one.

But they do add bulk and weight to the gun. My suggestion would be to try someones out for a bit before deciding. You'll either fall in love or decide it's not for you.

shinobidice
11-03-2002, 12:26 PM
if you get the intelli, be aware that your current drop may not fit! i used a system x on off wit steel hose and there was not enogh clearance so i switched to a shocktech with seperate on off and macroline. bit this all depends on if you have a foregrip or not, what kind, and wether of not you have foregrip extender. Just my 2 cents

AngelOfDeath888
11-03-2002, 12:27 PM
hmmm you're again absolutley right , but now i have another question , i have $100 to spend should i wing it and go for the intelliframe right away or wait and try it out and get it for christmas , Or should i take that $100 and get all the small things i need that are not very pricey like the J&J ceramic barrel , or what would you suggest ,and the Asa thingy cause the automag comes with nothing beside the body ,the triggerframe , and the internals so what would you suggest?

Bulldog
11-03-2002, 12:29 PM
What setup are you running now?

AngelOfDeath888
11-03-2002, 12:30 PM
i just have a stock automag with nothing on it
just like it came out of 888paintball , that's i have

Bulldog
11-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Hmm, that's tuff decision. I assume your using the stock AGD barrel? While gas efficient, it's not most quiet or accurate barrel. I firmly believe that the first and best upgrade should be a good barrel matched to the paint you most commonly shoot. What paint do you use?

AngelOfDeath888
11-03-2002, 12:38 PM
wow i am not exactly sure , i know they order it out of 888paintball , and it is blue shell , break white paint so i have narrowed it down to either REC Sport paint , or 32 Degrees Team Colors..

Bulldog
11-03-2002, 12:44 PM
My suggestion would be to determine the bore size of that paint. I'm not familiar with either of those, sorry. I'd post a new thread asking if anyone knows the bore size of the paint your using, and then buy an appropriatly sized barrel. Then go for the I Frame. IMHO. :)

shinobidice
11-03-2002, 01:04 PM
I use the old style Smart Parts AA barrel (no gem) i think, it's 10 inch and it's nice and accurate. But definetly try to find out the common bore size of your field. A few people i have talked to said they got Lapco Autospirit (for smaller bore) and Bigshot (larger bore) they are fairly well priced, and supposedly they work good together

AngelOfDeath888
11-03-2002, 01:34 PM
they didn't have the paint i have been using but the place i go to sells a different kind of paint too if you ask , and it would actually be a little bit smaller then what the barrel recommends