PDA

View Full Version : Grip frame question

CMDane
11-01-2002, 08:54 PM
Bought a couple of Rt's a while back, one of which is a Pro. Pro came with a single trigger carbon grip, and has the small hole for the field strip screw.
My GF is using my RT and doesn't care for the Benchie 2x frame. She'd like to try the 1x frame, but the hole for the field strip screw is not large enough for the RT screw.

Would the 1x frame work with the RT if I enlarged the field strip screw hole, and would I need to make any mods to the sear assembly? Any other issues that I need to think about?

Charles

spazzed
11-01-2002, 09:05 PM
Going on the assumption that the carbon fiber frame is a stock classic frame, then I do know that the sear mounts differently in the classic & rt's.

CMDane
11-03-2002, 02:17 AM
It said AGD Carbon Fiber on one side of the frame. The question still remains, is this frame compatible with the RT? The tang (?) for the field strip screw is thicker on the frame than that of the Benchie and the hole for the field strip screw is too small for the RT screw. Will this frame work with the RT, and would there be any mods needed beyond enlarging the field strip screw hole and possibly shaving some material off of the tang? I don't want to drill and shave to find out I can't use it with the RT and ruin it for the Pro in the process.

Thanks,
Charles

Xzion
11-04-2002, 04:38 PM
Well, the Classic RT, and Auto/Minimag/RT PRO frames are identical aside from the hole size for the field strip screw.

Though, if shes using a classic RT, and your using an RT PRO(?) that has the carbon fiber grip frame that she wants to try, why don't you just let her try the RT PRO? the RT and RT PRO are identical except for exterior valve dimentions and where the air input hole is located on the valve.

You can exchange the two grip frames, I'm using a RT Z-Grip on my ReTro Minimag, but need to use a spacer to keep the smaller field strip screw from sliding around in the larger RT field strip screw. But if you drill the hole out, you'll have to get a spacer to use the RT benchmark frame on the PRO, or even the carbon fiber frame once you drill it out. Just be sure you drill the hole out evenly, Ive heard it can cause tolerence problems if the holes off center.

Mr.Orange
11-05-2002, 04:11 PM
Hey all!

I thought the RT had the Banjo Bolt, and the frames had a different hole size for this bolt. Maybe that is why the frames will not swap.

Hmmmm...