PDA

View Full Version : what can i use for warp-feed hose... instead of warp-feed hose?

EsPo
11-02-2002, 05:19 PM
is there anything at like home depot that i might be able to use?

RamboPreacher
11-02-2002, 05:28 PM
I have seen PVC pipe used. it is really inflexible and ugly, but works great! (make sure to get the rounded elbows,though)

while on the subject, this is a question I was going to ask as well, though I had something a bit more particular in mind. Is there something like the WF hose available that is in colors, and specificaly - clear?

spazzed
11-02-2002, 05:37 PM
I haven't seen clear hose yet. All I've seen so far is black & grey.

TRIAD
11-02-2002, 07:24 PM
You can get warp hose at SEARS. It's 1 inch O.D. and 3/4 inch I.D. I've been looking for clear for a while now. There're some sites that come up on Yahoo that have colors and whatnot, but I'd rather just get it from somewhere local.

pbguy888
11-02-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
I have seen PVC pipe used. it is really inflexible and ugly, but works great! (make sure to get the rounded elbows,though)

while on the subject, this is a question I was going to ask as well, though I had something a bit more particular in mind. Is there something like the WF hose available that is in colors, and specificaly - clear?

I have also been wondering this RP. If somebody knows a specific place please share!

SirOssis
11-02-2002, 10:09 PM
a teammate found some clear hose the problem is even though its listed as 3/4 ID the ribs are a lil exaggerated and the material is almost a bit tacky... in the end it doesn't feed that well

Creative Mayhem
11-03-2002, 11:42 AM
There is a thread kicking around here on AO, that has the info you want. I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE!! D'OH

The thread is about someone who is showing off his gun that has the clear warp hose. Everyone waned to know where he got it, he told them some local hardware store. He offered to get a roll of it and sell it to AO members.

Sorry I can't help anymore than that, good luck! If you find it or find out where to get clear hose LMK. Thanks

C Mayhem
AKA Purple Wang

battlegroup
11-03-2002, 08:27 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40916

Here's the thread on clear warp tubing. I'm still trying to find the clear acrylic tubing. I found some places online but I don't want to order it without seeing the tubing first to see if it would even work.

TRIAD
11-03-2002, 10:32 PM
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=6&pCatId=8006

I called and got this:

"I can't give you the exact size, but in my experience the walls are about 1/8-1/4 inches thick, so you're looking at close to an inch outer diamter."

Very helpful, I may call back tomorrow. If I do, I'll let you guys know what's up.

battlegroup
11-04-2002, 09:04 AM
I've seen this at my local hardware store and the only problem I see is that as the inner diameter gets bigger it seems the hose takes on a more oval shape rather than round. If you have actually had success using this tubing I would like to know. Maybe it's better in short lengths, but I would be afraid of it pinching the balls.