PDA

View Full Version : My Automag is dieing on me!

C Russ
11-02-2002, 06:54 PM
I have an automag (6 yrs old )I bought it used. It has an upgrded valve but not sure what it is. I run Co2, and have no idea what the pressure is. I removed all the external air features when i started having probs with it (expansion chamber/remote).

Here is the problem im having. When you shoot the gun, the first shot is normal, then the second ,third....ect dont shoot. If you shoot once then let it sit for 2-3 seconds its shoots fine (the first shot that is)! I have tried changing out the o-rings, and it didnt help, also changed the valve back to the original , and its doing the same thing. I have tried differnt bottles (all i filled myself, and weighed) and tried them on other guns, so im pretty sure its not a problem of getting air to the gun. Thanks for any help you can give in advance :)

C-Russ

spazzed
11-02-2002, 07:59 PM
Sounds like freeze-up.

Keep the stock AGD valve/on-off, etc. on there & put the X-chamber & remote back on.

Try it again, it should help.

Beyond that, you've got 2 options.

A. Buy a Palmer Stabilizer- A reg of sorts to help "Stabilize" (:eek: ) the co2.

B. Upgrade to nitro- It'll eliminate your head-aches. Highly Recommended

C Russ
11-02-2002, 08:16 PM
im 99.9 % sure it isnt freezing, i had an x-chamber, running a remote (same setup ive used forever). never had this prob, I fill my own bottles, and only put 10oz in the 20oz bottle I have been useing to try and fix this. This problem happens as soon as i air it up, not during play. First shot is good, second is a burp, third is a really quiet burp. Then if I let it sit for 2 seconds and it shoots again (one time , followed by the same burps).

Thanks for the help!
Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated!

CR

spazzed
11-02-2002, 08:28 PM
That's what I'm talking about. Although I've never had, or heard of, one freeze up that quickly...

Is it leaking anywhere? Barrel, etc?

C Russ
11-02-2002, 08:34 PM
im not getting any leaks down the barrel, and the only time i got leaks out the back end is when I cranked the volecity way up thinking it wasnt getting enough air. (as its supposed to do , i think) other than that its holding air judt fine, i have had this gun for a long time, taken it apart cleaned it replaced the on/off and never had any probs. I love this gun, but right now its driving me nuts.

Kevmaster
11-02-2002, 08:41 PM
somewhere there is a kink and the air isnt getting into the powertube. here are some things you might want to check:

1) all airlines. make sure there isnta piece of teflon wedged in there.

2) on-off valve. make sures its all clean

3) i suppose the reg coulda gotten REALLY dirty. check tat out

im guessing its not the last two, but give them a check(yes, i know you alrdat have)

C Russ
11-03-2002, 12:07 AM
well i went through all the fittings and cleaned/retaped them, and same stuff, looks like its time for a pro to look at it :(

Thanks to everyone for thier help!

CR

spazzed
11-03-2002, 12:40 AM
NP bud, sorry we couldn't help more!

Hope you've got some stars left.

DaosBeoulve
11-03-2002, 12:52 AM
Just a shot in the dark...

Upgraded valve.. It's not a retro valve is it?

That's just the only thing I haven't seen someone ask so I figured I'd just make sure.

rtpro2002
11-09-2002, 12:19 PM
rt pro #01486, hpa 68/3000 crossfire. sweetttttt:D

Shirow
11-09-2002, 12:40 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok

athomas
11-12-2002, 01:02 PM
Check that you didn't get the on/off assembly put together in the wrong order, or an extra o-ring in there. I've seen that one happen before and it caused the same symptoms you are descibing.