PDA

View Full Version : Computer problems

Vash02
11-02-2002, 10:44 PM
I need some help people. I tried to install photoshop 7.0 the other day and everything went fine, but when i tried to open it i got an error message and then it closed out. well i tried to reinstall and the same thing happened again. so i got a different version (6.0) still the same thing happened. just kinda weird. but then oddly enough i went to do something in word and i got the exact same error message. i have also tried works, wordpad and notepad and yup....same errors. The strange thing is that all of my games and internet is working.

--Just a note im not sure if this could be it but my brother became a beta tester for the sims online and only a week later i tried to install the photoshop. im not sure if that did anything but if it did what do you think it could be.

--by the way this is the error i get...."Photoshop has caused an error in HPFWin03.DLL. Photoshp will now close."

--thanks for the help guys.

Archangel Damien
11-02-2002, 11:04 PM
you have a windows issue you might have to do some windows updates have it checked by tech first

RRfireblade
11-02-2002, 11:10 PM
Well I belive the .DLL extention is basically an application extension.Perhaps it got corrupted during that or someother install.If it's required by other apps(likely)it could cause other errors.I'd guess I'd search around and try to replace it (HPFWin03.dll) with a known good file and see what happens.

Jay.

Just a guess.

Tron
11-03-2002, 03:29 AM
I am guessing you would have an HP printer? Delete the printer under control panel. Try to start the program back up then if it works reinstall your printer with newer drivers if possible.

-Tron

Vash02
11-03-2002, 06:55 PM
I have to give a big thanks to tron. I did exactly what you said(delete the printer) and it worked right after that. Thanks alot im gonna go work on a picture right now.

Tron
11-03-2002, 07:30 PM
No problem I am glad I could help.

-Tron