PDA

View Full Version : question???

rehme
11-02-2002, 10:56 PM
ok i have a defiant and the vertical feed stripped out and i have been putting supper glue on the threads to make it stay it has worked for awhile but every once in a while it will come unglued so i am wondering that one type of welding stuff like jb jv or something like that i want it to be more perament would that work for my situation i dont know if this should go here in the tech forum but i guess it goes here

petefol
11-02-2002, 11:04 PM
have you tried loctite?

rehme
11-02-2002, 11:58 PM
it is striped out so it wont work

OldSchoolMag
11-03-2002, 12:20 AM
Well, I'd have to say that superglue probably wasn't your best bet to do there, and if superglue worked, loctite should have worked as well (if you're applying it the way I think you are). If it's stripped, I suppose you'll just have to replace it, or you can gamble your safety and superglue it. Here's your best bet - try to invoke the warranty if you can and get a free one out of ole Bob Long. Hope things turn out well for you.

OSM

Kevmaster
11-03-2002, 10:10 AM
use JB Weld. i am a big Rainmaker user and the Rainmaker vert feed doesnt even have threads....you just JB Weld it in there.

you can pick up JB Weld at the hardware store

rehme
11-04-2002, 07:08 PM
how much does JB weld cost? is there any way to get it off or is it permanet?

shartley
11-04-2002, 07:16 PM
Most places sell it for about $6.22

I would call it permanent... it is some pretty darn good stuff. But I am not that familiar with how easy it is to get OFF things.

rehme
11-04-2002, 09:56 PM
another question do i just put a little dap of it on the stripped threads and let is sit and how long does it take for it to dry? sorry so many questions but i dont want to make a mistake

Kevmaster
11-05-2002, 09:48 AM
JB weld will set in 15 mins and will cure in about 24 hours fully

FrAuStY
11-05-2002, 11:30 AM
JB weld is extremely difficult to remove. It's basically a "cold" weld, it will bond two materials together about as good as a "hot" weld. Just be sure to use a small amount. I'd go so far as to put a small bead on both sides of the feed neck then it won't be AS hard to remove.