PDA

View Full Version : automag stars

Automagger44
11-03-2002, 11:32 AM
hey all....i keep seeing people talk about stars on mags....and i was just wondering.....what are they??????please rply and fill me in!!!!!

Nobody077
11-03-2002, 12:22 PM
AGD has what they call the star program, If you need your valve rebuilt/repaired you call up AGD get a RMA number and send you valve in for repair. If you valve still has Stars engraved on it you can chose to use a star for free repair or pay like $45 for the repair and keep the star. Each time you use a star AGD removes it by stamping it with a punch. Hope This helps

Automagger44
11-03-2002, 12:26 PM
ok thx, but where are the stars on the gun???and what do u mean valve......im a n00b with mags....

spazzed
11-03-2002, 01:23 PM
lol :D

The valve is the silver thing on the back-side of the body. Look on the right side, there should be laser-engraved stars.

Nobody077
11-03-2002, 01:25 PM
On your Mag the valve is the part with the velocity adjustment and pressure input, where it says the gun type(Classic,Minimag,retro,RT) and has the serial numbers. If your mag is a older one it may not have any stars on it, my mag is about 8 years old and made before the star program. If you do have a valve with stars, they should be laser engraved on the valve somewear(sorry Im not shure where as mine dosent have them)

shinobidice
11-03-2002, 04:04 PM
I didn't get mine new, it has no stars, the guy i got it from may have gotten them before the program, or used them. either way, they should be on the opposite side of the valve that has the name lasered on by the seril numbers

Automagger44
11-03-2002, 06:50 PM
ok thanx everybody for telling me...i found the stars, and i only have 1 left?????so what does that mean???please fill me in!!!!!!!!!;) ;) :p

shinobidice
11-03-2002, 07:01 PM
it means when your valve takes a dump, that you can send it to AGD they will fix it for FREE (you pay for shipping like 12 bux i am told) and they take off the star somehow

Kevmaster
11-03-2002, 07:23 PM
yeh. if your mag craps out on you, then you can send it to agd(you pay shipping to them) and they will repair it and return it for free. they will cross out the star on the valve. after that, technically, it is $45 per rebuild, but i dont know how it really works. ive heard(and have a personal story) that they dont really care about the stars and how often its been in for work. AGD is great in their customer support. if thegun breaks, and its not your fault(you didnt throw it into the lake etc) then theyll get her back working for you

Xzion
11-04-2002, 01:33 AM
Here's a link to AGD's current warrenty policy regarding the stars and whatnot.

Read AGD's Current Warrenty Policy (http://www.airgun.com/WarrantyPolicy.shtml)

BTW, throwing a regular mag in a lake wouldn't do it much dammage, if any at all, though fishing it out might be tricky hehehehe :D

nuclear zombie
04-29-2003, 12:07 AM
does anyone have any close up pictures of a valve showing where the stars are at ? my valve is rather beat up and can't seem to find any stars or evidence of there ever being any . Which brings up the next question ,my valve is serial nuumber is CF07740 anyone know how old this thing is ?