PDA

View Full Version : Angel LCD or Matrix LCD

minimag187
11-03-2002, 04:48 PM
Can you help me decide of which to get? No I dont really want an Ir3 (dont need all the features). Which one is a better buy overall (weight, accuracy, reliability, gas consumption)etc.?

Load SM5
11-03-2002, 04:53 PM
Out of those 2 I would go for the angel, especially in the areas you listed. If you really want a no-frills angel find yourself a good used LED.

Ov3rmind
11-03-2002, 06:25 PM
They'll both shoot just as fast, as their trigger designs are almost identical. The Matrix will be a bit quieter and will have less recoil. However, I myself would personally go for the Angel: it's more compact, refined, and is a little easier on the maintanence. I also love the little breech that flips out so you can get your bolt. I also think the Angel is a little bit more balanced, and IMO, it looks sleeker (not that that should matter).

jwa158
11-03-2002, 08:09 PM
get the matrix! i have a matrix, and i like it much better than angels. my experience with angels and teamates with em, haven't been very great. for some reason, the angel seems to chop a lot more than any other guns, especially compared to the matrix's around here. many people are switching over to the matrix and they all love it. lcd matrix is pretty decent on air, they are really quick, it's fairly easy to clean but not as easy as the angel. of course everyone says...just try em both out an see which you like better.

i-luv-my-rt
11-04-2002, 08:59 AM
Matrix is way better, for these reason:

1. There is nothing to clean all you have to do is take off the breech and there is the bolt.

2. There is no manteniance on my matrix's all i have to do is keep them very well oiled.

3. Matrix is very well refined and there really isnt much to ever go wrong.

4. With a LPR will never chop. I have 0 chops in my slide-switch matrix but i did chop once using old hellfire in my LCD.

5. The LCD menu is so much easier on the trix. It sets up so easy and you dont have to use special button codes and that stuff just to set the time.

The only thing i dont like about my trix's is i cant shoot 10 pods on a 68/4500. I might go back to an angel so when i play back and i can shoot 10 pods. I doubt you will ever shoot that many so it shouldnt matter.

magman007
11-04-2002, 12:04 PM
ok I said go for the angel.... Why? because they are easier, and more people know about them. Also, you dont have to buy a bolt upgrade right away.

As for maintinence, feelthert, i know it is all hearsay, but i have herd that maintinence is quite high on the matrix... Also like a shocker... Also, there supposedly huge gasshogs until they get their bolt upgrade....

Also, a welltuned angel should not chop

personally i say sfl, or cnc extreme e-mag, or hell even a stock e-mag, but thats just me and my xperiences

i-luv-my-rt
11-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Magman007- You do have some good points there.

At world cup i shot 8 pods and half a hopper on my matrix and ran out of air in our last game against GZ silver. I had a small leak in my macro too. I would shoot about 180 fps. Usually i can get 8 pods and a hopper with 500 psi left on a 68/4500. Thats my only complaint about my trix's.

Also dont leave out the GZ Timmies. There no frills and very nice guns. IMO

minimag187
11-04-2002, 08:42 PM
Ive decided that I will be getting a CnC IR3 Blue, its coming to my doorstep in 3-4 days. Thanks for the opinions though=).

jwa158
11-05-2002, 11:37 AM
the bolt kit is included on the lcd matrix. i went through 5 pods and a hopper at the cup with a 45/4500 tank on it, i had at LEAST 1500 psi left after the game. and another thing that's cool about the matrix, you can take off the breech and put your finger over the bolt and hold it and dry fire it. the air will last a lot longer, i like dry firing my gun...aww..i just realized that you got an ir3, but i'm gonna post this anyways.

...i thought you said you DIDN'T want the ir3?

oh yeah..the ir3's trigger sucks imo.