PDA

View Full Version : VERY disgusted by the new Evil shirts

Automaggin2
10-29-2002, 06:29 PM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow2/MVC192S_jpg.shtml

Maybe something like Paintball is not a crime, but overshooting is not a crime? come on!

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow2/MVC190S_jpg.shtml

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow2/MVC191S_jpg.shtml

Am i the only one who thinks these shirts are complete BS. Let someone walk into work or school with a shirt saying Overshooting is not a crime, people wouldnt think paintball. I dont belive overshooting is not a crime, i think its horrible

magman007
10-29-2002, 06:37 PM
HEy, i keep laying paint on some one till i see their hand, i personally put 9 balls into a guys back because he turned and moved before he put his hand up, that and i was firing fast to kep him from bunkering me, but the refs never tell me to stop, i tell every one, and my team does o, the second you get hit, raise your hand, or were unloading untill i see your hand up. That to me is not over shooting, now if you mean, shooting some one in the dead box, or something then ok, but i think the shirt is reffering to what i said

Also, i feel that people would ask, opver shooting? what else could that be? you saying a shirt isnt exceptable if it says thwe word shoot on it?

dansim
10-29-2002, 06:37 PM
what the hell could you associate over shooting with besides paintball?
i mean if you over shoot anyting else its meaning you missed jeeze man lighten up and yes refs do sometimes suck but they are needed

Automaggin2
10-29-2002, 06:40 PM
what? hmmmm, a friend of mine owns a screen printing machine, and he made shrts that said "light em up!" and he got in a lot of trouble in school because teachers dont know what it stands for. About 3 years ago i got sent down to the principles office for reading a paintball magazing in lunch. It was "unappropriate school material" according to a teacher. Thank god one of my teachers (who plays paintball and has 2 LCD's) had to BAIL me out of getting in trouble.

dansim
10-29-2002, 06:43 PM
see you say light em up and i thinkl cigarettes....its all in the interpritation

hitech
10-29-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by magman007
Hey, I keep laying paint on some one till I see their hand. I personally put 9 balls into a guys back because he turned and moved before he put his hand up. That and I was firing fast to keep him from bunkering me, but the refs never tell me to stop...

If that was a tournament, that's fine. If that was rec-ball, that's CRAP. That is over shooting and is uncalled for. Just because the ref didn't tell you to stop doesn't mean anything. New players can rarely remember all the things they need to do fast enough. It can be very overwhelming. I hope you didn't do that in a rec-ball game. :(

Shockerboy18
10-29-2002, 07:12 PM
i wish you people would quit b1tching who cares if they make a shirt that says overshooting is not a crime thats retarded your just complaining just for the sake to hear yourself your making way to big of a deal

LawFox32
10-29-2002, 07:31 PM
ok I could care less about the over shooting one, but come on, cheating is bad enough without people wearing shirts encouraging it; and from every sport I play, I consider it a constant rule, respect the refs, they may say refs suck, but I say those shirts suck,

i don't really care what they have on them, but they are crap, one line of text, I wouldn't pay money for a black or gray shirt with only 14 letters on it

Ov3rmind
10-29-2002, 07:39 PM
The first two shirts I see as having very bad taste, but not really offensive. However, the "refs suck" shirt is terrible. They're the ones sacrificing their time for this sub-par job, and doing it because it helps out tournaments and paintball all together. Plus, I'm sure ANYONE who has ever reffed before would not give a thought to buying one of these, which is a great deal of players. Then there are the players who do respect refs, and the ones who just don't like the shirt anyway. PMI did a good job of appealing to about 1% of the paintball market.

Blazestorm
10-29-2002, 07:40 PM
oh... my... god...

Look... when you play paintball, are you thinking... "Hmm, I better not shoot that guy too much, that would hurt the reputation of the sport oh no :eek:" or are you thinking "Aight I'm gonna have this guy shoot some paint over there and I'm gonna make a run for that beer can up there."

Truthfully, these shirts are for fun... please people, give it a rest, we are paintballers, and we play because we love the sport, if people view our sport as a war game, than so be it... I view skateboarding as sort of a punk sport... people who do it are very skilled at what they do, but act like they are all that and a bag of chips... atleast the ones I know.

Trunnion
10-29-2002, 07:46 PM
let them say refs suck. it's just gonna make me watch them more when someone wearing any of those shirts shows up on my field while i'm reffing. and if i catch them cheating, well, they'll still think refs suck, but the rest of the players that night won't.

LawFox32
10-29-2002, 08:06 PM
in response to the overshooting and giving the sport a bad repution, I do not think about the reputation of the sport when I will over shoot, which is just until I see a hand or I see visible hit and they stop shooting, i do think what will make the sport better, I try my best never to over shoot a new player, if i had been overshot on my first day of paintball I would probably have quit,

and yes i do think about the ethics of overshooting while and after I do it, in some instances it is necessary, but in some it is just a way for people with big egos and low self-esteem to beat up on newbies and act tough

Shirow
10-29-2002, 08:22 PM
I wonder if Jeremy Salm will be modelling these in Milan this year?

FutureMagOwner
10-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Shirow
I wonder if Jeremy Salm will be modelling these in Milan this year?

lol i dont think salm will ever model anything again :rolleyes:

Automaggin2
10-29-2002, 09:06 PM
Well, its not over shooting when u send 13 balls at someone then they get hit, then a few more come because they already left the gun before u even hit him, but if you continuely shooting at someone, THATS OVERSHOOTING.

einhander619
10-29-2002, 09:06 PM
I will make an effort to overshoot anyone wearing those shirts. Honestly, as if paintball doesn't have enough of a white trash image already...

10-30-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by dansim
what the hell could you associate over shooting with besides paintball?

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/14/163214.jpg
http://www.dimensional.com/~smah/images/hboil.jpg

mmmm hong kong action

battlegroup
10-30-2002, 01:43 PM
I for one don't like the shirts from a rec ball point of view. If you pay to play a tournament and money is on the line I'm going to shoot until told otherwise (ref calls player neutral/eliminated) but that's NOT overshooting. Shooting a newbie in the goggles after they stand up after a hit just to make sure they know they are hit (I saw this as a ref and ejected the player)is overshooting and it stinks of a player that shouldn't be playing there (the overshooter).
The other two shirts are down right wrong. Refs have the worst job. In a sport as fast as paintball where they get hit more during a game than the players and are doing the best job they can, you need to respect the refs and let them do their job. Until we start paying refs enough that that is there full time job, there are going to be poor refs. But without them, there is no tournament paintball. The Cheating one....Nuff said. Nobody likes a cheater. Am I outraged..No. Will I stop buying Evil products because of the shirts...Yes. I say if you don't like the product don't buy it. If you think the product is in bad taste..don't buy any of their products

obsolete898
10-30-2002, 01:56 PM
I would've worn the the Refs Suck shirt at cup, cause it was the most absolute worst reffing I've ever seen.

joeyjoe367
10-30-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 314159

mmmm hong kong action

ROFL! Hong-Kong Action rocks!

Chow Yun Fat REALLY overshoots some of these guys ;)

Moats
10-30-2002, 02:14 PM
I think too many of you people who are always complaining about stuff that is just petty. I am a ref and i don't care about ref's suck shirt.

If you think overshooting is such a big problem then why do you have a gun that can shoot 16 balls a sec? Play in tourniments and see how many times you will get an overshooting call. Crap run for the center flag and get hit 20 times 10 breaks no call.

If you think it is such a problem get out of the sport. People look in to these thing way too much. Get over it our sport is an sport that requires some balls.

I will proudly model that shirt...

Oh and yeah i don't wear goggles shooting in my backyard. Give my a ticket.

battlegroup
10-30-2002, 02:32 PM
Tournaments are not the problem in overshooting. I don't care how many times I get shot in a tourney. I don't know of any tournament player that would complain about being overshot. What I do care about is the tournamnet player playing recball at my field. They do have guns that can shoot 16bps and play against much less experienced players. They shoot volumes of paint at little kids and newbies who don't even try to shoot back because they got hit 15 times in the last game. They end up not coming back and that does hurt the sport. Is it a crime to overshoot..NO It is good for rec-ball...NO Instead of overshooting in rec ball try using some skill.

obsolete898
10-30-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Moats
Oh and yeah i don't wear goggles shooting in my bakcyard. Give my a ticket.

ROFL

I second that.

i-luv-my-rt
10-30-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
[url]Maybe something like Paintball is not a crime, but overshooting is not a crime? come on!

Am i the only one who thinks these shirts are complete BS. Let someone walk into work or school with a shirt saying Overshooting is not a crime, people wouldnt think paintball. I dont belive overshooting is not a crime, i think its horrible

Ok try playing NPPL then you'll realize that overshooting/bonus-balling is needed. You get it done to you so you do it right back. Ref's do sometimes pull players for it but not that often.

I'm not gonna make fun of you like some people are doing. It's your view of it, you feel it is innapropiate and that is cool. To some it may be but to others it isnt. I actually like to get hit alot it's kinda fun. It doesnt bother me any.

Think of it this way:
"If you dont get shot, you cant be overshot"!!:D

JohnTzu
10-30-2002, 06:25 PM
That must be thier new Fall Line, the Jeremy Salm Collection.....
:D :D :D

blnk162
10-30-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow2/MVC192S_jpg.shtml

Maybe something like Paintball is not a crime, but overshooting is not a crime? come on!

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow2/MVC190S_jpg.shtml

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow2/MVC191S_jpg.shtml

You sound like a mother...get over it....

Shockerboy18
10-30-2002, 07:24 PM
rock on moats that is the best thing ive heard out of this post for the rest of you that read way to far into these shirts get a life

Trunnion
10-30-2002, 09:04 PM
i actually can't find anything in the NPPL rules about overshooting. i may be missing something, but i checked the section on penalties and it makes no mention on overshooting. if we're to follow those rules, it's not a foul. painful sometimes, perhaps, but not a crime

Automaggin2
10-30-2002, 09:08 PM
I have played in many a tournameents, i know, but im talking about from a rec player point of view. and still, i do shoot people until they are off the field, but i know people in NPPL shoot people even when they are clearly walking into the dead box, and when a ref calls someone out or calls them neutral

i-luv-my-rt
10-30-2002, 10:06 PM
It's not a written rule but it is a judgement call. It's like yelling or swearing and that stuff. If refs wanted to they would pull you for it.

Overshooting is bomb and will always be a fav thing to do. If you dont let it bother you then it seems to be pretty fun.

FalconGuy016
10-30-2002, 10:07 PM
The cheating one is a bit... overdone... but it might as well be worn so refs know who to look out for :)

scribe
10-30-2002, 10:18 PM
i think the only shirt i don't like is the cheaters live longer one. it kinda promotes wiping...and i hate wipers. but that's bout it.

just my 2 cents.

Trunnion
10-30-2002, 10:19 PM
inappropriate language is a punishable offense. first offense calls for a verbal warning. second offense calls for removal of the player. these are stated in sections 12.42 and 12.43. the only judgment call is what qualifies as inappropriate. i think a ref would allow someone to swear if they were actually injured or something, but if they got hit and eliminated, or were upset at a call, then it's obviously not warranted. however, bad language is stated in the rules.

Top Secret
10-30-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 314159

mmmm hong kong action

Got 'em there. :D

Warped Designs
10-30-2002, 10:51 PM
I personally would not buy one because they look like low quality cleaning rags. The phrase are not even remotely clever.
I have seen my old high school screen printing class turn out better looking shirts.

and stuff

Automaggin2
10-30-2002, 11:29 PM
Yeah, so what, it doesnt state overshooting is illegal. BUT, its not moral to overshoot someone. I think its just rude. If you know someones out, then why KEEP SHOOTING. It just pisses people off, then it pushes things further. Eventually it could escalate into fights, which i have seen. At NPPL AC, i saw a few fights because people were "over shot". I think its just not right to keep on shooting and shooting. I understand if i get shot 13 times, because someone could shoot 13 balls per second, but if they know im gone, and they keep ripping them, i will complain. I have gotten kicked out of a tournament before because some guy kept shooting me as the ref called me neutral and i was almost off the field. I walked back up the tape, and ripped about 15 into his side.

Blazestorm
10-30-2002, 11:37 PM
Here is a picture...

the person shot 11 paintballs... the person gets shot... and starts to walk out... right into the stream of paint.

Not the other persons fault

Shockerboy18
10-30-2002, 11:39 PM
ya quit your <B>*POOF*</B> over shooting is goin to hapen no mater what i for one would rather have some dude pissed off at me then have some one pull a dead man and as for that little run back up the tape and shoot the guy that just proves how big of a moron you realy are

<B>Temp ban - 3 days.</B>

Trunnion
10-31-2002, 12:44 AM
you know, punctuation to actually form sentences would make your posts alot easier to understand. my comment that overshooting isn't in the rules was to show just that, it's not in the rules. i never said that i thought overshooting was ok or the right thing to do(although if a guy is playing on then perhaps it is)

MinimagRockin'
10-31-2002, 12:50 AM
Props to moats. I'm totally sick of all the complaining that goes on about paintballs image. It seems like "The Image of Paintball" is discussed more than the actual sport itself these days, now THATS disgusting. Am I the only one who notices that the APG letters section is just a bunch of crap about people whining about how to make the image of paintball better? Screw the image! Go out and play ball, have fun, quit worrying so much. As for the shirts they are pretty lame. I wouldn't wear one but they don't have me up in arms or anything. Also what's with all the ref butt kissing? "They have the worst jobs"? Give me a break! If they don't like it find a new job for gods sake. Nobody in any sport likes refs, it comes with the territory. Accept it or find something else to do, it's that simple.

battlegroup
10-31-2002, 11:59 AM
I have been playing paintball since 1989. I have played everywhere from Boston, Newport, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, O'cala, Pensacola, Birmingham, Orlando, New Orleans, and Italy and many places in between. I have also worked at many of the places I played at. I love this sport and hate when the sport sheds a bad light on itself. There isn't another sport that the general public knows less about, has more misconceptions about, and wants to ban more than Paintball. Just look at the posts about the New York and Baltimore Bans. When you tell me to stop whining and just play, that's being a moron. If we don't look out for our sport we may not be allowed to play it in the future. Do these shirts shed a bad light on paintball? Not really. Do they help promote the good things about paintball? No. Should we like them? that's up to you.

hitech
10-31-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by battlegroup
If we don't look out for our sport we may not be allowed to play it in the future.

I don't think enough people really understand this. It's the "it won't happen to me" attitude. :(

10-31-2002, 12:55 PM
The cheaters live longer one is pretty dumb. I think you are all making a big deal out of nothing.

Miscue
10-31-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Blazestorm
Here is a picture...

the person shot 11 paintballs... the person gets shot... and starts to walk out... right into the stream of paint.

I agree... this is my problem with 'overshooting' as well. Once you shoot, you can't take it back... and you can get a string out before first one hits...

battlegroup
10-31-2002, 02:13 PM
I only partially agree with this. Yes we are going to shoot a string and if the first one hits you you may get hit by some more. But this isn't what we are talking about. When I see overshooting it's usually blatant and ONLY IN RECBALL. It's a tounament player or a player with much more experience wailing on a newer/less experienced player and even after they are hit and the shooter knows they are hit, they still fire just to make a point. They bunker a person (which is fine if the field allows this) and puts 10 shots into a guys back when the first one broke. There's no reason for that. In a tournament there is no reason for any type of overshooting rule nor do I think there should be. I have worked at too many fields where this has happened and people get mad especially parents of younger players. I won't let it happen at any field I play/ref at because it causes people not to return to that field and it hurts the owner, which eventually hurts me with higher field/paint prices and less people to play against. Anyone who agrees that overshooting is fine doesn't need to be playing rec ball, period.

hitech
10-31-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by battlegroup
Yes we are going to shoot a string and if the first one hits you you may get hit by some more. But this isn't what we are talking about...It's a tounament player or a player with much more experience wailing on a newer/less experienced player and even after they are hit and the shooter knows they are hit, they still fire just to make a point. ..Anyone who agrees that overshooting is fine doesn't need to be playing rec ball, period.

Yes.

Automaggin2
10-31-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Blazestorm
Here is a picture...

YOU PEOPPLE DONT SEEM TO UNDErSTAND! I REALIZE I WILL KEEP GETTING SHOT WHEN IM WALKIN OFF FIELD BECAUSE IM INT HE LINE. BUT IF IM CLEARLY OFF THE FIELD OR OUT, THEN ITS UNNECCESARY TO KEEP FIRING. I know i will get shot if i walk out right afdter i get hit, cause there could be 13 more balls in the air. You people dont seem to get what im saying. I do and dont care for the image of paintball. I just say these shirts are dumb. Blazestorm , you obviously dont get what im saying here. When i mean overshot, iu mena getting shot excessively when im clearly gone. Your obviously not reading my past post on this thread.

Blazestorm
10-31-2002, 03:37 PM
Maybe they watched that movie of Naughty Dog's vs. Exile and don't want it to happen to them :D

Crazy
10-31-2002, 04:33 PM
i'd wear it, and also, with overshooting, if they retaliate with shooting back, thats playing on, and thats a one for one :D

battlegroup
10-31-2002, 06:53 PM
The issue with overshooting is not tournaments, but rec-ball. You are not going to get a one for one in rec ball. And the real issue of this thread is the Evil shirts.

as I said before

I love this sport and hate when the sport sheds a bad light on itself. There isn't another sport that the general public knows less about, has more misconceptions about, and wants to ban more than Paintball. Just look at the posts about the New York and Baltimore Bans. When you tell me to stop whining and just play, that's being a moron. If we don't look out for our sport we may not be allowed to play it in the future. Do these shirts shed a bad light on paintball? Not really. Do they help promote the good things about paintball? NO. Should we like them? It's up to you, but me personally, I don't like any advertising in paintball that can cause even more misconceptions about the sport. ANYTHING, that can be misinterpreted or in bad taste only adds fuel to the fire of people who think painball is bad and should be banned. Once a field in your area is shut down due to public pressure or a ban, you'll start thinking that way. In my opinion, these shirts are immature and show a lack of thought, originality, intelligence and morals on the part of Evil and anyone who wears them.

Blazestorm
10-31-2002, 07:12 PM
You misspelled intelligent :p

But I totally agree with you... The people that wear these shirts in my opinion are the stupid ones... They are the people that show misconceptions, Evil just promotes that.

battlegroup
10-31-2002, 10:17 PM
Thanx. I went back and edited it.

BenD
10-31-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by magman007
HEy, i keep laying paint on some one till i see their hand, i personally put 9 balls into a guys back because he turned and moved before he put his hand up, that and i was firing fast to kep him from bunkering me, but the refs never tell me to stop, i tell every one, and my team does o, the second you get hit, raise your hand, or were unloading untill i see your hand up. That to me is not over shooting, now if you mean, shooting some one in the dead box, or something then ok, but i think the shirt is reffering to what i said

Also, i feel that people would ask, opver shooting? what else could that be? you saying a shirt isnt exceptable if it says thwe word shoot on it?

when some people put out over 10 a second..... and you can easily put 10 on a person before they raise their hand that's just not cool...

you best be a big son of a bit cuz I would beat the living poo out of you if you just kept shooting me till I raised my hand.....

guy gets up walks to the dead box, still getting shot, oops geuss he forgot to raise his hand...

overshooting isnt cool

angelKiller16
11-01-2002, 08:30 AM
i think i have seen it all now. Shirts that tell you to cheat cause you'll live longer and 90% of paintballers supporting them. wtf is that. The shirts are bs and thier just plain stupid. Thier probly overpriced for some ****ty screen printing job. Overshooting can be associated with tons of things and people think gun when they here shoot, but i don't give a f u c k about what people think when they see these shirts i just think they are too stupid and thats why people shouldn't buy them.

Shirow
11-01-2002, 09:41 AM
I smell a 3 day temp ban :(

Blazestorm
11-01-2002, 10:21 AM
I shoot at a person a few times... than I wait to see if they call out within 3 seconds, otherwise I start pounding paint on their bunker again

Dragoon
11-01-2002, 12:29 PM
I just don't get it?!

I'm not talking about the shirts here, just the pro overshooting comments.

Your telling me that some of you don't stop shooting at someone once they have a hit?! As soon as I see a brake (and it's often not the first paintball that hits that you see brake) I stop pulling the tigger and move onto a new target. The last thing I would do is keep putting paint into the air.

Now if for some reason they are still firing at me I do one of two things. 1 I get behind my bunker and call a ref to get a "playing on 1 for 1" on the player I shot. 2. If I'm not able to get behind a bunker I'll turn away from the player. This way if I'm hit it is easy to point out to a ref that I was hit after I stopped firing and turned away. Therefore the other player shot me after he was shot and I'd like a 1 for 1.

I'm not saying you don't take multiple hits, or shoot guys multiple times. Just that once you see a brake there is no reason to keep shooting. If you do I consider that overshooting. I'm not talking about what's alredy in the air. You have no control over that. But you shouldn't keep pulling the trigger.

And that's my rant on the subject.

Douglas

elpimpo
11-02-2002, 09:34 PM
ok this whole overshooting thing is stupid you guys are blowing it out of porportion. I overshoot. if you guys dont thats fine. you se the first one break and you stop. what happens when you get someone out there that wipes a hit and shoots you in the back. i rather piss someone off then lose the game because i wanted to be a nice guy

battlegroup
11-03-2002, 12:17 AM
First, off we're not talking about tournaments here. we're all going to shoot until the ref confirms the guy is out in a tourney.
Second, if you are so worried about cheating where you play, I'd go somewhere else where they have better ref's/people.
Third, If you are so scared of losing a rec game that you have to overshoot to win, you have issues that no one on this board can help you with, try a psychologist.

elpimpo
11-03-2002, 01:09 PM
ok its imposible to stop wipeing all together. i dont care what refs you have it will happen. and i dont play recball so back off. and if you cant stand gettin over shot get out of the sport

i-luv-my-rt
11-03-2002, 01:32 PM
This looks like a big war:
Rec-ballers vs. Tourney 'ballers

To me I dont see a need to overshoot. Yes, I do overshoot just b/c i know it will be done right back to me if i get hit. It is also something to laugh about when the game is over.

Story time:

Our last game at the Cup we played GZ silver. If anybody knows GZ you know all of them have attitudes. Well I was playing mid that game and was watching the snake while the guy on our team crawled it. The GZ snake guy came over top and i hit his hopper, he didnt see it though. Our guy goes around the corner and did him hardcore. Well now the GZ guy knew he was hit and started to get up slowly. Well me and 2 other back/mid guys on our team saw his head come up. I saw 3 streams of paint go at this dude and pink paint blow up all over his back(after the game we saw him walk off the field with around 20 hits on him). When this happened he turned around and shot at me and an immediate one for one was called. Proving ref's wont call for overshooting but they will call for shooting back.

battlegroup
11-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo
ok its imposible to stop wipeing all together. i dont care what refs you have it will happen. .

True, but if you actually read my post, I stated that in tourneys I, like everyone I know who plays tourneys, keep shooting until the ref confirms their target has been hit. This is not over shooting.

and i dont play recball so back off..

Somehow I doubt this, but I won't back off when you say I'm blowing this out of proportion. I've seen it too many times when an experienced player overshoots a newer/less experienced player and the new guy never returns. Not only is it unecessary to overshoot in rec ball but it's bad for business.

and if you can stand gettin over shot get out of the sport .

No where did I say that this affects me as a player. I believe I even said earlier about how I didn't care how many times I get hit in a tourney. I'm am writing from the field owner/referee standpoint. Read the whole post. Nobody here has disagreed with me that this doesn't apply to tourneys. If you are a tourney player who never plays rec ball, why do you care?