PDA

View Full Version : RRRRR GLARG *head explodes* DO'H

personman
11-03-2002, 05:12 PM
...I'm mad right now.
OK. First off, to let you know that I am trying to sell a Sheridan XTS to get money for my Micro E-mag that is on layaway. Second to tell you that there is a leak in the macroline fittings from using co2 and I knew about it, and was planning to stop by the store sometime and buy some SS line.
Ok, so I'm fiddling around, and decide to turn the ASA around (it was on backwards) right? So I do that, reteflon the fittings and everything. I gas it up, and there is still that leak in the fittings, but now there is a leak in the valve :confused: I figure I just took it apart, to show someone a part, and put it back together so I must have screwed up somewhere... but I start to oil it just incase..
I squeese too hard on the oil thing and the.. err I cant say the word here that I would like to describe it by, but the top off the bottle comes flying off, and the ASA is filled with oil, not to mention it is dripping everywhere and its on my hand and all over the ASA and the fitting.
Right, so I clean that up a bit and get most of the oil out of the ASA, and go outside and gas it up intending to shoot the oil through the gun. There is the leak again, in both places, but I shoot anyway hoping the leak will go away somehow (elves) and it was horrible! First off it was loud. Guns are usually loud with no barrel, and I'm not sure this one was chronoed. There was dry ice coming out the fittings and oil everywhere.. at one point there wasnt enough gas feeding and it wouldnt recock, just keep firing itself lots of times.. it sounded like a machine gun..
Well.. I unscrewed it and put it on a towel in my room..
Let me tell you what the first thing I did.. I wrote an angry letter to PMI concerning their poor oil containers.
I really want tech support from sheridan but they arent in buisness anymore. Go see for yourself.
http://www.sheridanusa.com
I doubt the pro shop will know anything about this marker, and I dont know anyone who has a replacement powertube (I think thats what it is)
Any advice?

ChucktheMAGician
11-03-2002, 05:30 PM
See if there are any online stores that still have sheridans in stock, they may also have parts for your gun. Don't feel bad, I have a bruizer w/ a bad cup seal and I can't find parts for it either, oh well a new paper weight!

Kevmaster
11-03-2002, 06:37 PM
my field used to rent XTS markers. i took about 500 of them apart and got them working(they were 3-4 years old with 1million+ shots through them--i took them apart all the time)

i still have some of the OEM parts i think. ill look around and see what i can find. if youd like, bring it to SC AO and ill bring all my parts and well see if we can get her working....sound fair?

Spray Painter
11-03-2002, 06:50 PM
they didn't go out of buisness, they evolved:p ;). if you wait for a couple of seconds it takes to a different site that has some new markers on it. i bet those markers use the same internals as the nomal sheridan markers.

personman
11-03-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Spray Painter
they didn't go out of buisness, they evolved:p ;). if you wait for a couple of seconds it takes to a different site that has some new markers on it. i bet those markers use the same internals as the nomal sheridan markers.
No, they are stacked blowbacks, so thats impossible.
Kevmaster, that would be awesome. I'll bring it up :)
It sounds like it might be leaking out of the back pin thingy? (dont know the proper term ;)) When I put my hand over the little shall we call it a cocking window, you can hear it changes tones a little, or atleast from the outside.

-=Squid=-
11-03-2002, 11:39 PM
stick the gun in water and look for bubbles...its what i do when I encounter a leak.

wyn1370
11-04-2002, 08:23 AM
wow what an informative thread title. someone's been around here long enough to know better.

Ityl
11-04-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
See if there are any online stores that still have sheridans in stock, they may also have parts for your gun. Don't feel bad, I have a bruizer w/ a bad cup seal and I can't find parts for it either, oh well a new paper weight!

They are the same cup seal as a spyder's. If it's a Bruizer Pro I may buy if off ya if the price is right :)

barretc
11-04-2002, 02:49 PM
u might have gotten teflon in the valve

scribe
11-04-2002, 02:57 PM
hey wyn, you didn't have to click.

i am really getting sick of people on this forum who are unbelievably ANAL about forum etiquette.

if someone doesn't search, and they ask a question...WHO CARES?

if someone forgot to write a brief synopsis on what their post is about in the subject line...WHO CARES??

stop being so anal. it's a forum. post away. if you're mad that someone didnt' do a search, don't look, don't reply. kthx.

personman
11-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by barretc
u might have gotten teflon in the valve
You know, that might have been it, I noticed a little bit of extra teflon hanging down, but I doubt it because it was the one screwed into the ASA, so that means it would have to travel through a 90 degree elbow, and some macroline through another fitting and gotten into the valve..
I dont think that was it..

ChucktheMAGician
11-04-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Ityl

They are the same cup seal as a spyder's. If it's a Bruizer Pro I may buy if off ya if the price is right :)
It's a Bruizer Sport w/ bottom line and I've tried a spyder cup seal already, or at least the shop told me it was a spyder cup seal?!

wyn1370
11-04-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by scribe
hey wyn, you didn't have to click.

i am really getting sick of people on this forum who are unbelievably ANAL about forum etiquette.

if someone doesn't search, and they ask a question...WHO CARES?

if someone forgot to write a brief synopsis on what their post is about in the subject line...WHO CARES??

stop being so anal. it's a forum. post away. if you're mad that someone didnt' do a search, don't look, don't reply. kthx.
I'm just mad because I thought his head really exploded, and after reading what this was really about, I was disappointed.