PDA

View Full Version : CO2 leak

tom_hill2k
11-03-2002, 05:26 PM
i have a 20oz with an on/off valve its 2nd hand and came with my 2nd hand automag and it seems fine when on the mag but it leaks slowely, should i replace something like an o ring inside the on off valve?
thx Tom

spazzed
11-03-2002, 05:39 PM
It's difficult to find a co2 tank w/ on/off valve that doesn't slowly leak. Once the tank warms up after being filled, it'll stop.

ChucktheMAGician
11-03-2002, 05:39 PM
Hard to tell where your leak was. Was it leaking when off of the mag or once screwed in, and if on the mag where is the leak coming from? I always change o-rings near a leak anyway, if it still leaks then you know that the o-ring you just took off wasn't bad, save it for later!

tom_hill2k
11-03-2002, 05:42 PM
the leak is commin from the wher co2 is mena come out when its screwed in an ive had it leak from a full fill to wher ive only got bout 70 shots off it couple days later

ChucktheMAGician
11-03-2002, 09:11 PM
I suggest using Smart Valves from Smart Parts. They are the only Co2 on/off that I have found that works well. They come w/ a spare o-ring too. I have bought some tanks w/ other valves and eventually they have all gone bad. Oh and if you do replace the valve, I'd suggest going ahead and making it an anti-siphon tank while you have it apart.