PDA

View Full Version : Born Again Mag!

SwinGenX
11-03-2002, 07:43 PM
Hello all,
Just wanted to post a question to those that have kept up to date with the venerable Mag. I dusted off my trusty old 68Automag after 3 years of sitting idle(the gun itself is 7 years old). I had neglected it and needed to change out all the O-rings and the regulator seat. Oiled her up gave her some air and.....WHAMO!!!! Good as new. Headed to the local store to get myself a new mask and played all day today w/o a problem. A true testament to AGD. Anyway, I saw that a-lot of things have changed and was wondering what were worthwhile upgrades. L10 seems like a no brainer, but what about the I-Frame and retro valve. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
SwinGenX

Rabidus
11-03-2002, 08:11 PM
WELCOME BACK! WEll, to save you some time waiting for posts, go do a search for the I frame and any of the upgrades you mentioned. I will tell you that I have the I-frame and i have a much better feel for the gun. Im waiting for the level 10 when AGD adds it standard to the Retro valve upgrade. I dont want to buy a retro valve now and still have to buy another lvl 10 bolt later. The level 10 is a good upgrade, but I shot 2 cases of paint yesterday on my level 7 and I did not get 1 break. Hope this helps!

DaosBeoulve
11-03-2002, 08:55 PM
Rabidus covered a lot, but I'll go back and restate stuff just for the heck of it=)

A Retro valve is great. You get the fastest recharge rate on the market, and on top of that, a reactive trigger (a trigger that after you depress it to fire, it pushes back on your finger---helps great with ROF)

LvlX as you said is a must. I haven't gotten around to buying one yet, because I have an old superbolt in my RT Pro and it's firing like a jewel still. I'm getting one for Christmas though when I have the money. I rarely chop, but having chopping eliminated entirely just sounds so nice.

I-Frame is absolutely great. I love the feel of it, and the trigger is awesome. If you're even thinking about a double trigger, this is definitely the way to go.

Also possibilities to think about would be a warp feed, or some sort of mechanical hopper (rico, halo, eggo, etc.) if you don't already have one. They're a must when you get a retro valve+iframe just to keep up with the ROF you can sustain with that combo. I use a warp feed and an old pre-BE VL 9 volt, and it works great.

Couldn't really tell from your post if you have it or not, but a HPA system is a GREAT investment (and a must for a retro valve since they can't be operated on carbon dioxide). A nice drop helps balance out the gun with the HPA system as well.

Hope I haven't thrown too much at ya. Feel free to email me or something if you have any questions=)

SwinGenX
11-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the helpful tips. Looks like a lot of my questions were answered in post titled "*Returning player* .. upgrade question" I've got my mind set and already picked up a Level 10. Going to go with I-Frame next. I do have an older Air America HPA system, 3000psi, but I have to run it remote. Tank is WAY big! I'll get a Retro Valve at some point, but I think it can wait. I might not even be able to keep up with my aging A.I.R. vavle. ;) Thanks again guys. I'll keep you "posted" on my progress. Perhaps even some pics!

SwinGenX

DaosBeoulve
11-05-2002, 01:11 AM
Pics are good=)

Oh yeah, I completely forgot in my last post. Welcome to AO and have tons of fun with your mag!

SwinGenX
11-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Looks like I put this in the wrong forum. Moderator please move at your discretion. In the meantime I'll get to work on my L10 upgrade. Thx

Swingenx