PDA

View Full Version : Pro team vs AGD Warp

RexTheKing
11-03-2002, 08:11 PM
What is the difference? why does the proteam cost 50$ more?

Magsrule3
11-03-2002, 08:43 PM
The Proteam one has the vibe sensor on the mounting bracket. The AGD one is internal.

The Proteam shouldnt be anymore expensive than the AGD, what site are you looking at?

spazzed
11-03-2002, 09:02 PM
If I remember correctly, the PTP comes w/ a different adapter plate, or something.:confused:

Xzion
11-03-2002, 11:03 PM
The difference is this: The AGD one has the Internal vibration sensor, and adaptors designed with 'Mags specifically in mind.

the PTP warp has an external vibration sensor that mounts in the mounting bracket, and comes with more adaptors tuned more for all the other markers out there other than mags.

basically it boils down to this: putting the warp on a 'mag, get the AGD one, putting it on a non-AGD gun, get the PTP version; though, either warp should work, you just might have a few troubles getting the optimal setup.

RexTheKing
11-03-2002, 11:06 PM
Well, i shoot an angel and have found a pretty good deal on the AGD warp. Will I have any problems with intellifeed'n an AGD warp on an iR3?

Xzion
11-03-2002, 11:48 PM
you shouldn't have any problems. As far as I know, the intelli link plug is the exact same for both. you may have some trouble using the AGD warp adapters on the angel though, as the adapters on the AGD one has adapters designed more specifically for AGD markers. though, you can call PTP and order specific adapter parts from them.

alee@usma
11-04-2002, 08:15 AM
The PTP warp KIT comes with a bunch of stuff. It comes with the 90* adapter (metal, instead of the plastic one AGD sells - more on that later), and thread adapters for the bushy, angel, and viking (or excalibur - i forget). It comes with a different, two piece mounting plate with a vibration sensor built into the plate, with a cord that attaches to the intellifeed link of the warp - more on that later too. It does not include the longnose powerfeed adapter. You can buy a generation 3 mounting bracket from PTP which will, supposedly, allow you to mount the warp at various angles and heights on your marker. Sounds nice, but I haven't tried it, so I don't know about it.

the AGD warp comes with fewer adapters, and a basic one piece metal plate, but the bare warp is the exact same. Neither comes with the 12V adapter stock, but those are easy to make if you want one.

One thing: the plastic 90* adapter is pretty neat. If you have a verticle feed marker and it's not one that you can remove the feed tube from, the plastic one is the one you want. You can shave down the plastic adapter to fit into your feed tube, which is the approved solution from AGD. The metal one obviously lacks this option. More durable though.

about the PTP's link to the warp from the plate - I find it more annoying than anything else. I thought the intellifeed link for the emag would be cool, but it wasn't. Too many cords flopping around, and amusingly, when the battery went low/died, the warp/intellifeed link turned out to be a damn crutch. intellifeed is neat, but the internal vibration sensor on the warp is the best option.

Anyways, there's my 2c.