PDA

View Full Version : My first tournament - Pevs @ AG 3 man novice - results :)

FalconGuy016
11-03-2002, 08:36 PM
Hey, I finally had my first tournament!! and it was GREAT!!
But even though this was a "first time" tournament, I think only our team and one other was truely first time
First off let me tell you that my team consisted of
me- played paintball twice
my friend#1 - played paintball twice
substitute#2 (yes, the sub's sub) - never played ever

and our guns were
3 custom 98's (we had gun problems and I eventually just had to buy a new custom 98)

if anyone was at this tournament, our name was Off in the Woods, and our schedule was
Pink Doughnuts
Dyenasty
Fatality
EMS
Trouble Makers
Synergy
Xstacy
AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHH!!!! I am STILL pumped up and im dead tired :)

Our FIRST game with pink doughnuts was HILARIOUS!! Right off the start sub#2 feel on his face in the mud, friend#1 got shot, and I got shot, within the first 30 seconds of the game
we fired a total of 20 rounds, me firing none
lol
My second game, TOTAL turnaround, now that we knew what to do, we WON the game with 93 or 94 points against AUTOCOCKERS AND HIGHER!!! :) :) we were so proud of ourselves
The next games we lost pitifully but almost PURELY because of gun troubles, my gun broke every ball I fired(:confused:) that game and I had amazing shots at people almost 10 feet away that werent even LOOKING at me, oh well though :)
The next game we won with another 94 points with EMS, HOWEVER!! WE DID NOT GET <u>ANY</U> OF THESE POINTS!! EMS GOT THE PAPER AND DIDNT TURN IT IN!! IM ASSUMING BECAUSE THEY GOT 3 POINTS!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
The next game was our truely hard game, we ended up with getting around 50 points because of eliminations and a flag pull
And the next two games we won with 94 or 93 poitns each
We placed (WITH A MISSING WINNING GAME) 15 out of 34, but looking at the points, we would have placed around 7 or 8 if we had the 94 points :(
but it was an incredible day, I was amazed on how much we improved from such a terrible first game to being that much better at the end
keep in mind too that the other teams we were against had autocockers or higher, jerseys (if this means much =)), and obviously more experiance, just shows you skills count =)
and we got to play walk ons free =) yay
what an amazing day

Reo5th
11-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Whoa! autocockers and jerseys?! If they have money they've gotta be good!:p

Glad you had fun, and no offense, but I've seen plenty of players rock it with spyders and old t-shirts. ;) Keep us posted on your next game!

FalconGuy016
11-03-2002, 08:47 PM
lol yes we were "rockin" it with our almost totaly stock 98's and we were PISSING OFF other teams SO MUCH holy crap it was AWESOME

lol it was kind of cheesing us off how almost EVERYONE had like YEARS of tournament experiance - we know we actually asked them, but that made beating them so much better :)

Snapps
11-03-2002, 10:21 PM
Just because somebody has a cocker or "jersey" doesnt make them all "high and mighty" just means the have the funds to support their hobby, what really annoys me is the fact that you think that beating these people means you are great, i personally think you were probably playing a really crappy tournament considering how you should've been playing in the rookie section not novice. Please go play in a tournament where novice teams are playing in the novice section, not rookie teams playing in the novice section, then see how well you do, and then brag about beating people with cockers and angels cause i can gaurentee you that they will know how to use their brains and guns and kick your little ***... until then just please shut up...

Reo5th
11-03-2002, 10:23 PM
uh...Snapps...you're a moron.

Snapps
11-03-2002, 10:24 PM
oh and i live in Gaithersburg, MD so i know where Pevs @AG is and i also know it is a new field that recently opened up in August i think, i dont think the field has attracted that many experienced teams, so if you want to go play some really experienced teams go to OA in Bowie, MD!

Snapps
11-03-2002, 10:27 PM
i mean its great that he did well but saying that ooooh i kicked a team's *** using a 98 while they were using autocockers and above really pisses me off, they dont realize that in tournament paintball that the game relies heavily on planning beforehand and quick thinking... not oh this gun is better than that gun and oh i kicked a kids *** with a friggen 98 while he used a cocker...

Major Ho
11-03-2002, 10:27 PM
Nice dude. Glad you had some fun. Makes me wish I had thrown a sloppy ol team together. Drop me a line next time you go to AG. Which field do you usually go to? I used to go to pevs woodbridge a lot before they moved. Now ALL the fields in virginia are in Leesburg.

Snapps
11-03-2002, 10:29 PM
oh and im pretty positive that the teams there were not novice division quality teams...

LawFox32
11-03-2002, 10:52 PM
Good Job man; damn that really does make me wish that I had come up for it, glad to hear you had had fun. But I mean hell yeah, the good ole m98s stock can still rock some people, I love my m98 it will probably always be my back up

FalconGuy016
11-03-2002, 11:22 PM
snapps, do you really need be such an ***? the AG field is the largest field on the east coast, and, somehow, its been here for almost 20 years now so I think it couldnt have opened a few monthes ago...

see, the math just doesnt work,
there were some NPPL tournament winners there too, you can ask lots of people,

for those who are normal, not *** people, this was a great tournament

oh, and I dunno if you picked up my somewhat sarcastic tone with the "jerseys"

FalconGuy016
11-03-2002, 11:25 PM
oh, and this was my first tournament if you didnt read, and we had basically no experiance (our first game was hilarious), and we TRIED to make plans, believe me for like friggen two weeks of hard thinking, but we had to scrap it after our first game because it just didnt work out

and yes the gun makes a difference, there were numerous times if I had a stable, fast firing capable, accurate gun (like what we were against) we would have done even better, and plus we were intimidated beforehand by their guns (and they were intentionally doing this) so we were proud of it :)

FalconGuy016
11-04-2002, 11:20 AM
was there anyone here that I played against?

FeelTheRT
11-04-2002, 11:26 AM
i know the people on DYEnasty... they lost to you? Must have been havin marker problems like alot of people were.

Dayspring
11-04-2002, 12:25 PM
Are we forgetting about Skirmish? Maybe NOT totally speedball friendly, but altogether HUGE!

Originally posted by FalconGuy016
snapps, do you really need be such an ***? the AG field is the largest field on the east coast, and, somehow, its been here for almost 20 years now so I think it couldnt have opened a few monthes ago...

LawFox32
11-04-2002, 12:43 PM
hey Dayspring are you going to D-day 2003? I think I am going but I may be in Europe so i don't know,

Major Ho
11-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Yes, AG has been there for many years now...BUT Pevs only recently moved in making it a joint venture. Pevs went in and revamped the whole place adding several hyperball fields and a sup air( By the way, did the tourny include the sup air field?) Pevs at AG...
On a side note, Im still REALLY impressed with a 98 with the RT junks slapped in there. I seen a kid running that with a warp and flatline...Crazyness I tell you...

Dayspring
11-04-2002, 01:20 PM
It's a little far out to plan right now. But chances are that I'll be there, unless I have something else planned. (Truth be told, I wasn't there this year- had my 4x4 group's East Coast event the same weekend. It was also the same weekend as the NJ AO Day II/Level 10 Bust Out Party)

Originally posted by LawFox32
hey Dayspring are you going to D-day 2003? I think I am going but I may be in Europe so i don't know,

FalconGuy016
11-04-2002, 02:32 PM
Pevs added a sup air field,

yes, there were three of these at the tournament

Marchborne
11-04-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Snapps
Just because somebody has a cocker or "jersey" doesnt make them all "high and mighty" just means the have the funds to support their hobby, what really annoys me is the fact that you think that beating these people means you are great, i personally think you were probably playing a really crappy tournament considering how you should've been playing in the rookie section not novice. Please go play in a tournament where novice teams are playing in the novice section, not rookie teams playing in the novice section, then see how well you do, and then brag about beating people with cockers and angels cause i can gaurentee you that they will know how to use their brains and guns and kick your little ***... until then just please shut up...

Snapps: You are an ignorant jackass. I am normally a patient guy, but your post is just moronic. This kid (sorry if I'm assuming anything about your age, Falcon) takes the time to let us know about his first tournament, and you jump all over him. People like you keep others from enjoying the sport. If you had known anything about this tournament, you'd know this three-man was designed for FIRST TIMERS ONLY. As in, NO PRIOR TOURNAMENT EXPERIENCE. It's one of the ways Pev's and AG actually keep people enjoying the sport (unlike yourself). Furthermore, say nothing bad about Pev's and AG without care, as you'd have to work hard to find something seriously wrong with those two organizations (they recently merged for field operations). AG has been operating for as long as I've been playing (1988), and Pev's dominates the D.C. area in sales for a reason.

Oh, BTW: YOU tell Tippmann Effect that you can't win using M98s. And don't give us that line about they don't use standard M98s; when was the last time you saw a nov/am player using a stock 'cocker?

For the rest of AO, I'm sorry for going off.

OttO
11-04-2002, 09:11 PM
i was on team DYEnasty, we lost 2 u. lack of communication, gun problems, i.e. i was usin a friends cocker since my impulse was down, and i was choppin. by the way, i do not appreciate being bonus balled twice in the back of the neck. I think u guys were a little "m98 trigger happy". eh, after that, we played alright, but lost 2 Balzi (an all girls, pevs sponsored team, used as a filler team). pretty much all the other games we won or tied.

E==Mag MAN
11-04-2002, 09:58 PM
Yo i was there in the 17 and up "Mr Squeakies Penguin Patrol" pfft i just hoped on for fun. It was we got screwed because 1 game 40 points from the semies and we screwed up 70 points in a game.... I had it rite... it was there first tourny so i gave them slack. That tourny was run very well teh refs making VERY GOOD calls. 2 times jerks shot me after i bunkered those phooo's:) but they wiped it and let me stay in:). You might have seen me being the only person with a emag and warp. You might have noticed teh awsome runs too:) triple bunker double bunkers runs :) 2 doubles

Lol the triple my team was like... THOMAS i just slide in my bunker yoru over there looking at us.. the other team was MAD O MAD we looked liek a bunch of noobs:) sweatshirt style and a dorky name

Xerces
11-04-2002, 10:04 PM
heh, im so poor, me and my friends just decided to play as walk-ons on sunday. some guy with a shiny gun launched a string that hit me as i was walking from the village to lunch. :( maybe next time ill save up earlier

Major Ho
11-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Ill be playing on the 16th at Pevs/AG if yall would happen to want to come out.

FalconGuy016
11-06-2002, 05:43 PM
otto :) hehe, sorry, we WERE trigger happy, it was our second ever speedball game and we were determined to win (after our first game... lol)

we were chopping like mad too though, we lost a whole game to that

actually in your game though I did very little besides watch the entire left side of the field, which wasnt much area to cover :) but I was surprized when all of a sudden my teammates were jumpin up and down screaming we won :)

CRog075
11-06-2002, 06:21 PM
I have to agree with snapps on this one. Just because a lil kid (falcon) beat people with cockers, doesnt mean hes the best.

Why you giving snapps a hard time, I totally agree with him. Falcon is a n00b who thinks hes like one of the best there was there.

EnderWigginPballin
11-06-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by CRog075
I have to agree with snapps on this one. Just because a lil kid (falcon) beat people with cockers, doesnt mean hes the best.

Why you giving snapps a hard time, I totally agree with him. Falcon is a n00b who thinks hes like one of the best there was there.

They gave Snapps a hard time because he sounded like a jerk, just like you are sounding now.

CRog075
11-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by EnderWigginPballin

They gave Snapps a hard time because he sounded like a jerk, just like you are sounding now.

Yup, for calling a newbie a n00b. Thats being a jerk, nice try son.

FalconGuy016
11-06-2002, 07:21 PM
uh... since when did I start thinking I was in any way the best ? please read all of snapps posts

CRog075
11-06-2002, 09:14 PM
Sorry for my replies falcon, I was having a bad mood there :mad:

Any ways, props to you ont he tournament. I currently experience my first tounry at Toledo Indoor paintball, the only problem is, the fields suck :(

Wish I was near you