PDA

View Full Version : BooYah grips

Knackers
11-04-2002, 05:16 AM
Does anyone have a link to where I could get a new rubber grip for a booyah?

I heard that they went broke or something and Mako? took over??

Thanks

I have done a search!!!

hostage
11-04-2002, 01:51 PM
Mako did take over, the best bet is to call them. You can search online or even in the forums and find their number mostlikely. Other wise I never have heard of any 3rd party makers of grips for the booyaah I think they put a different type of grip on the Mako Storm which is the same frame though with different grips and looks. Other wise they are pretty much the same, (from what I have heard).
Hopes this helps
-Hostage

personman
11-04-2002, 04:01 PM
I'm sure if you got in tact with heather, she might rig you up a nice pair of grips for a fair price..
http://www.frymarkdesign.com/
AKA 'The Frymarker' here on AO.

Lone Brain Cell
11-04-2002, 05:38 PM
Thanks 4 ya help guys, I will contact the frymaker too.

The Frymarker
11-06-2002, 07:18 AM
Hi Guys,

Well I tried to contact you but the email came back undelivered. So if you could send me the grip that broke so I could get some what of an idea
of how to make it, sure. Depending on how tough the design is the cost will
be between $25 and $35.

Is the grip a wrap? Also if you think would be necessary you could
send the frame also.

The shipping is an extra $5.

hostage
11-06-2002, 07:51 AM
The grip is wrap around and i would recommend for your sake you keep the design, many people are interested in getting ones, maybe I would later.
-Hostage

hostage
11-06-2002, 11:52 AM
hey Frymaker,
I just remembered the booyaah's grips are not flush they have caverns dug into them so the battery and the cylinoid can fit into the grip frame. So there are different thicknesses on the inside part of the grip (the side that faces the actual grip frame). So it will be a little bit more complicated than the other grips, but I don't know how you make them.
Hope this helps
-Doron

The Frymarker
11-06-2002, 12:15 PM
Hi Hostage,

Well that would take a 2 piece mold a front and a back.

Knackers and lone brain cell haven't contact me since, so I don't know if they are still interested.

I just completed these grips yesterday that have to be trimmed and clean up but they turned out very well considering the pair wasn't injection molding.

These are hyperframe grips

hostage
11-06-2002, 01:13 PM
they look very good, I am planning on refurbishing and upgrading booyaahs to better frames. If I get a few people who want that then I might be intersted in ordering a few from yah. Though I would need a little bit more customization since the frames I have dont have a bluky 9v battery and dont need to be really thick like the booyaahs
-Doron

The Frymarker
11-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Sure I'll be waiting

Lone Brain Cell
11-06-2002, 04:46 PM
Hi All Knackers and lone brain cell are one in the same, Just different computers.

I am definatley interested in a grip I can send you mine if you would like. I'll personal message you.

Hostage I might have to talk to you re your set up;)

The Frymarker
11-06-2002, 05:16 PM
I thought that but I wasn't sure.

I'm emailing youback now.

Take care