PDA

View Full Version : Compressed Air upgrade Question

digitard
11-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Question,
I have a 68Mag classic with a Remote CO2 setup right now ... I want to upgrade to Compressed Air ....

What exactly do I need to do this? I'm going to be upgrading my gun drastically in the next few months part by part, and i want to get Nitro first ... then L10, then Intelliframe and so on ....

Please advise on what steps/components I need to take ...

Thanks,
Dave K

spazzed
11-04-2002, 03:22 PM
Let's see... a drop or a cradle, depending on wether you get preset or adjustable tank.

Either Macro line + fittings, or SS + fittings, depending on your preference.

If you like foregrips, then either a gas-thru, or regular.

Possibly a foregrip extender, depends on the drop & foregrip.

digitard
11-04-2002, 03:26 PM
What would you recommend for a low cost upgrade .... at a later point I'll upgrade again to a more "high end" setup, but I want to get the tank on there to start .. cause i have a feeling thats the first step.

Can you give me a few ideas on the low cost end?

Sincerely,
Dave K

spazzed
11-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Depends on your price range. Check the classified's & see if there's anything in there that's in your range.

digitard
11-04-2002, 03:55 PM
So basically all I'm looking at is

Preset Tank (cost efficiant) -- found 68/3000 for 125
Drop Forward -- about 35 bucks
Macro kit -- 10 bucks

So probably about 170 about you'd think for a low cost solution?

Sincerely,
Dave K

spazzed
11-04-2002, 04:10 PM
Sounds good ;-)

You're probably gonna need more than the 1 foot of macro that comes in the kit. Go agead & get another foot or 2, just to be safe.

Mossman
11-04-2002, 04:17 PM
68/3000 fiber tank - 100 used in classifieds with decent hydro

Depending on whether or not you like to shoulder your tank - you can go with a bare ASA (5-10 bucks), or a small to large drop with ASA.
If you want a compact setup I recommend the psycho ballistics (although I've seen it sold with other names too) Drop forward/ASA combo at countypaintball for around 30 bucks.

Then macro kit for 10ish.

Shouldn't come to more than 150 bucks. I'm sure you could put together a 47/3000 metal tank package for sub 90 if you wanted too as well.

digitard
11-04-2002, 04:23 PM
Thanks guys, you've been a great help ....

Im thinking a 68/3000, standard drop forward I found tons at www.xpaintball.com for under 35 bucks, and then the kit for 10 bucks ... I'm psyched!!!

I'm slowly upgrading my stock automag that I've had for many years and upgrading it slowly .. so first I wanna go Nitro ..then get the LVL 10 kit, then the intelliframe, then Retro valve and then the warp setup .. plus I wanna change out the body cause I dont have powerfeed

Sincerely,
Dave K

ben_JD
11-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Digi,

Please don't be confused by these guys who are telling you that you need a macroline kit, or macro/microline at all. If your Automag had a CO2 tank hanging off of the bottom of the grip-frame, then you can just buy a screw-in nitrogen system and screw it into the ASA where your CO2 tank used to go (of course, you might have to replace your piston pack, but that is not necessary most often). It can use (and it is marginally safer to use) the stainless steel braided hose you probably already have there; you don't need the macroline.

As for adjustable vs. preset, I have both. I use my nice adjustable AGD Flatline on my backup marker and will use my preset screw-in tank for my main marker. Adjustable is nice, but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference for most folks. Basically, with a ReTro Valve, you will be able to adjust the reactiveness of the trigger. But with the preset 800-850 psi tank, my ReTro reactiveness is excellent.

Don't be talked into spending all that extra money if you really don't know what you are spending it on. Stay simple...you can always buy that extra stuff later.

digitard
11-04-2002, 10:24 PM
I dont have an ongun tank ... I have my remote connecting directly to my Valve

What I'm going to do is convert that to a vertical adapter and then go and use a gasthrough to go the cradle I think

I have NO lines on my gun ... It literally goes directly from the port on the valve to my remote connection.... So for the long run its probably easier to convert to the vertical and go from there.

Sincerely,
Dave K

ben_JD
11-04-2002, 11:45 PM
Another GREAT idea it to look at the pictures thread here on AO and get a feel for how others have set up their markers. It really helps.