PDA

View Full Version : GZ Intimidator questions...

demonguy8
11-04-2002, 05:48 PM
Got a few questions on timmys here since im considering buying one..
*should note that Im looking mainly at the GZ since its the only one that has a grip without the tumor hump on the bottom/back of it (the same obnoxious hump found on emags)

1st:-i heard that timmys(in general)have chopping issues with halobs. is this true or not?. and can somone explain why the incompatability and how to fix (if it is indeed true)or would i be better off with an... *shudders* evolution 2

2nd: - why the heck are GZ timmys the same price as normal2k2 timmys if they only come in grey/ or black and have no LCDS? (wheres normal 2k2s can have fades and such stock and have LCDS) is there actually a reason for this?

3rd difference between the was board and sob board? which comes with the gz?

4th in case i was just missed it while looking thru online stores.... is there anyplace that sells GZs with blue-black, or red-black fades?

manike
11-04-2002, 06:08 PM
Timmies are fine with halo B's. Aftershock who just won the World Cup had something like 8 Halo b's on the field and many on SFL Intimidators. Texas Storm are sponsored with Intimidators and Halo b's and were ripping it up with them at the WC.

I heard it may be a good idea to run the ram pressure a little higher to help avoid the spring force rolling a ball off a slower moving bolt as it opens.

One of the guys from Odyssey may be a better bet to help tell you exactly how to best set up an intimidator for the Halo B.

The reason for the GZ price may be a cut for the 'brand name' going to GZ? I don't know, just a guess.

The WAS board is the latest for the Intimidator. It's supposed to be a very good product even if the guy who makes it is known for BS and smoke and mirrors sales techniques. Certaily intimidators with it seem to shoot very well indeed... and it has many factors you can adjust to fine tune the gun for your set up and components.

National Paintball Supply were showing a whole funky rage of millings and fade anodised intimidators at the WC so you might try them. I'm not best placed to tell you where the best Timmy bargain will be though.

manike

Gitaroo Man
11-04-2002, 06:09 PM
1. Yes they do have problems with the HALO Bs. This can be corrected by getting a new bolt and ball detents. The ball detents need to be harder so the paintball doesn't bounce back up when it is fed. Because of the harder ball detents you don't want to wear down the bolt. The new bolt (not sure of the name) have slits in the sides so it just slides over the ball detents.

2. No idea

3. Yes, there is a difference. You can shoot MUCH faster with the WAS board and is well worth it.

4. No there isn't. You would have to have it annod or bead blasted....mmmm red to black

*EDIT* Manike beat me to it...ugh. Anyway...with the HALO B only a couple of my friends have had the problem and our local paintball shop told us that this is the way to solve it.

magman007
11-04-2002, 06:27 PM
actually i believe there are some fades....

Gitaroo Man
11-04-2002, 06:37 PM
i've never seen any but maybe there are...

Marchborne
11-04-2002, 06:49 PM
The bolts with the side-grooves for hard detents are made by Paintball Kingdom, down in N.C. I don't know if Bob is making any like that.

Curly
11-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Actually the problem with chopping has to do with the bolt sitting too far back in the gun. this cause the balls that drop in to roll back. with the halo it forces another ball down and the bolt will either chop the bottom off or hit it so that when the ball is fired it breaks. there are a couple of solutions to this problem. the first solution is a new ram bumper if you have one that is worn. these are very cheap. if this doesnt work then you can get a milled rap cap which will push the bolt forward just a little more and make it sit flush with the hole. The pbk bolt has had a lot of problems with velocity and i wouldnt trust it at this time. You can buy the ram cap from pbk. www.paintballkingdom.com

AcemanPB
11-04-2002, 06:59 PM
I'm not too familiar with timmys but isn't this a GZ? If not it's a cool fade anyway.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow1/MVC077S.jpg

paintball8869
11-04-2002, 06:59 PM
1. intimidators don't have problems with chopping with the Halo B. I've personally had problems with them, but that's my setup....my teammates don't have any problems. That's like 4 to 1. I actually think my halo is not up to par.

2. Price. They were originally for sale for $895. They then added metal eye covers, a clamping lowrise, a dragon style trigger, and a new style gripframe (it splits in half like the clamshell instead of having side panels, new design is MUCH better). Hence the price.

3. WAS board is just BAD @SS. I noticed a 2-3 bps increase with it. No BS, just a rate of fire increase. It also is much easier to adjust (you can save the settings with the buttons instead of having to lock them in with the dipswitches). Also allows you to adjust in finer increments compared to that of the SOB or select fire boards.

4. 888paintball.com or your local dealer can get a red to black fade GZ NO PROBLEM. National has them in stock, but only sell to dealers. 888paintball is National's online store. That's where to get it for a good price and quickly.

Gitaroo Man
11-04-2002, 07:13 PM
curly is right too, it can be either of the 2

demonguy8
11-04-2002, 07:47 PM
thanks for the quick (and numerous) replies guys

that red-black one very much appears to be a GZ and definatly has my attn

DryIce
11-04-2002, 08:07 PM
my teammates GZ
http://www.galaxy-pc.com/acgz.jpg

FreshmanBob
11-04-2002, 08:33 PM
I'm curious an I don't know jack about timmy's but can you intellifeed them?

Gitaroo Man
11-04-2002, 08:37 PM
i don't think so.....maybe you can

DryIce
11-04-2002, 08:38 PM
http://www.robagd.com/timmy-hack/index.html

something similar im sure..

Curly
11-04-2002, 08:44 PM
I know that the was board has a warp link that i assume would work with a revolution hopper.

MrMag
11-04-2002, 09:13 PM
ok i guess i will answer these questions seeing how not many people that are answering actually have gz's and not all have been answered.

1) the chopping problem is due to the was board, halo b, and the intimidator. curly has answered the rest of the problem. if you would like to know the dimensions to mill your ram cap, talk to Chris at [email protected]

2) the reason for the price is due to the weight/the fact the gz's name is on it, and it is the best looking. the blue to black fade is now one of the stock colors, and more can be found at paintballgear.com or 888paintball or boblong.com. the lcd is something you can live without.

3) the SOB board will come with the gz. the was board is a lot more adjustable and quicker........trust me i have one.

4) look at #2

some upgrades are:
-was board (you will need a halo b)
-reaper trigger
-clamping feedneck
-titanium ram
-halo b
-milled ram cap (only if you have a halo b)
-barrel system
-paintball kingdom bolt and hard ball detents. the problem with these was the fact that they were made incorrectly, and the dimensions are messed up. also they are lighter.

GET A GZ WITH ALL OF THESE UPGRADES!!!! I LOVE MINE, IT ROCKS SO MUCH AND I WOULDNT TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING, NOT EVEN AN EXTREME EMAG.

blnk162
11-04-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by manike
Timmies are fine with halo B's. Aftershock who just won the World Cup had something like 8 Halo b's on the field and many on SFL Intimidators. Texas Storm are sponsored with Intimidators and Halo b's and were ripping it up with them at the WC.

I heard it may be a good idea to run the ram pressure a little higher to help avoid the spring force rolling a ball off a slower moving bolt as it opens.

One of the guys from Odyssey may be a better bet to help tell you exactly how to best set up an intimidator for the Halo B.

The reason for the GZ price may be a cut for the 'brand name' going to GZ? I don't know, just a guess.

The WAS board is the latest for the Intimidator. It's supposed to be a very good product even if the guy who makes it is known for BS and smoke and mirrors sales techniques. Certaily intimidators with it seem to shoot very well indeed... and it has many factors you can adjust to fine tune the gun for your set up and components.

National Paintball Supply were showing a whole funky rage of millings and fade anodised intimidators at the WC so you might try them. I'm not best placed to tell you where the best Timmy bargain will be though.

manike

Actually they shot more evo 2's than they did halo bs

epic
11-05-2002, 02:23 AM
for those who have gz or are teamates w/people who own them how is the maintaince and realibilty of them? i have an 2k lcd now but m looking to get a new gun...in the pretty distant future and i really like the looks and the technology of the intimidators. but have only played one game w/ a classic, ive shot a gz and it shot nice. but maintaince and reliabilty is a big issure w/me. so all the info you have is greatly appreaciated. thanks:)

manike
11-05-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by blnk162
Actually they shot more evo 2's than they did halo bs

Er, we specifically sat there and counted one finals game... I disagree :)

Pand0ra
11-05-2002, 07:28 AM
We never had troubles of ball breaks with our Timmies. In fact, yes, with one, but this was a fault of the owner, not of the gun.

Look at what we just bought a few days ago :)

MrMag
11-05-2002, 10:17 AM
epic- regukar maintance is quite easy, just grease the bolt and ram after every day of use, and the poppet after every 10000 shots or so. for other problems you will need a timmy expert to fix, because you dont wanna mess with the solenoid/board/wire harness an so on.

when you hear people complaining that their gun is acutally malfunctioning (not chopping) that is usually do to the board or harness or air tubes being pinched or crushed by incorrect length screws.