PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Body and Foregrip...

Mr.Orange
11-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Hello all!

This is my first post here! Although I have been reading the boards for months on end and I feel like I already know many of you!

Anyways, more about me later... :)

I wish to purchase an Extreme Body to upgrade my Minimag. I will explain why in a moment. I have all the parts I need to complete the marker, but I lack one thing, a foregrip.

I believe that a hole can be drilled in the front lip to mount one, maybe even two, the second one being recessed a bit, and both being countersunk, for flush mounting. With two screw holes I could mount a RTPro foregrip?

What are all of your ideas on this? In order to make this work, I need a foregrip on that body, as I am unable to play without something to stabilize the marker with. Any suggestions? Have any of you already done this? Any recommendations for a foregrip? Does AGD already have a plan for this?

Here is the deal. I have a nice Minimag Retro, LX, Intelli etc, the works. I recently built my friend a RTPro, and the two markers should be the same, but they are not. His fires much nicer then mine and I know it comes down to the trigger sear differences. His marker makes me jealous, but they are two different animals. I am a front player, my Minimag is very tight. He is a back player and his RTPro is a beast.

After doing alot of research, I know that I do not want to build a RTPro, and I do not want an Emag. Too much to fuss with. But I have found that the new Upgrade Extreme Bodies use the RTPro Sear, so that solves my dillema! Except the foregrip. Everythign else will transfer over to the Extreme body, and I get a better trigger, and an even BETTER looking marker then my Minimag, which I didn't think was possible, but I am in love with the Extreme look.

What to do with that foregrip?

Thank you all for your time,

Mr.Orange
Team Reservoir Dogs
Naples, Italy

Black HR Minimag
Black Intelliframe w/ Blade Trigger
Retro Valve w/ LX
Flatline 68/3k
Black Riccochet AK
Lapco BigShot Stainless
Inferno Paintballs

Lapco Grey Spirit as Backup... :P

Mr.Orange
11-06-2002, 01:26 AM
Hello all,

Ok, to help with what I am talking about, here is a picture...

Where or how or is it possible to get a Foregrip on this body?

Thanks all!

Mr.Orange
Team Reservoir Dogs
Naples, Italy

Black HR Minimag
Retro Valve w/ LX
Flatline 68/3k
Black Riccochet AK
Lapco BigShot Stainless
Inferno Paintballs

rikkter
11-06-2002, 10:22 AM
ehm. in the picture its only the body.. not the rail. the rail is where the foregrip usually will connect to

Halliday
11-06-2002, 11:14 AM
Erm, extremes don't need a rail. It's built into the body. Hope you get an answer about the foregrip.

Mr.Orange
11-06-2002, 01:12 PM
Hello all!

Here is the scoop. I found out how to get a Foregrip on this here Extreme body...

Manike helped me out, he knew what to do, of course he did.

What I understand, is that I get me a drill press, all nice and fancy like. I drill me a hole, from underneath the front of the body.

I tap this here new hole with a 1/8" NPT threading.

I screw in (with loctite) a Vertical ASA, an Eclipse Bushmaster ASA for example, which I have looked at and like very much.

Then add the foregrip of my choice! No screws showing from the top, under the barrel. Clean looking foregrip!

Thanks Manike!

This is a small winter project for me, so I will post pictures when finished. The question begs to be asked tho,

WHAT COLOR???

I will have a Black Intelliframe, and I assume I will keep the foregrip black to match. So what color body should I get?

Thanks All!

Mr.Orange
Team Reservoir Dogs
Naples, Italy

Black HR Minimag
Retro Valve VV02627 w/ LX
Flatline 68/3k
Black Riccochet AK
Lapco BigShot Stainless
Inferno Paintballs

Kevmaster
11-06-2002, 06:56 PM
so you plan on sendign the air into a hole in the main body?

then where? into nowhere ville?? that makes no sense to me. dont the bushy /impy verts send the air into the valve chamber and their retaining screw has a hole in it for the air to go through....

Mr.Orange
11-06-2002, 07:12 PM
Hello Everyone!

I hope I have not confused everyone with this. I am not looking for a gas thru grip. I will run a direct line from my flatline tank to the Retro Valve. I just need to use a screw in vertical ASA to mount to the Extreme body, and the Bushmaster ASA fits the job.

I have no need for a gas through grip, just a foregrip to hold on to! :p

Thanks for the imput, I hope this clears up any confusion!

Mr.Orange
Team Reservoir Dogs
Naples, Italy

Magsrule3
11-06-2002, 07:33 PM
You could buy a RT-Pro/Emag ULE rail, or a stock RT-Pro/Emag rail and buy a RTP/Emag body which includes vertical feed ones if you want.

ULE rail- http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=324&CATID=6

RT-Pro sear- http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=303&CATID=6

RT-Pro/Emag bodies- http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=110&CATID=5

Kevmaster
11-06-2002, 08:14 PM
ah, gotcha now, just didnt see where the air would have fone from the foregrip....lol!!!

anyways, magsrule3, i believe the rail will be built into the Extreme(similar to the PTP and SFL emags) and therefore wouldnt work with the rails that you recommended.

Mr.Orange
11-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Hello!

Ahhh thanks for the info Magsrule3! I am not intersted in making an RTPro really, I like the Extreme Body. My friend has an RTPro, and it is a really nice marker, just not what I am looking for. But I was looking at the ULE rail, and trying to decide if I could have it milled to accept my Minimag body, and Anno it etc... In the end, the Extreme won.

I am glad I cleared up the foregrip question!

Mr.Orange
Team Reservoir Dogs
Naples, Italy