PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the 6-pack?

Meph
11-04-2002, 09:47 PM
I did a long search, and nothing I found came close to this topic. Though I'm sure it's there, I just couldn't find it. I always try and do a search before posting, wish more people would.

Any ways, enough rant. Tom, I honestly believe that the reproduction of the 6-pack would be great. I'm not saying that because I want one myself, though I do. I mean I could spend the 100 bucks on a rare original and be happy there. However, as a Paintball Marshal myself, we tend to talk a lot. And of course, a lot about paintball.

And honestly, Stock Class and Pump play have been making a comeback. More and more people have been dropping their semis for a few games and grabbing a PGP. Either to try something new, or as some of us are just not wanting to spend 500 dollars on paint for an event. I am one of them, I honestly can have just as much fun with my stock class PGP and spend a whole 10 dollars on paint and 12-grams... as I could during Castle Conquest at EMR with buying 2 cases of paint for $80 apiece.

Not only are the more people starting to join up and play this, there's quite a lot of people recently asking about it and also wondering. Being more future pump players.

Though if to make it, I would suggest making the pack completely vertical. Most ASAs are on the bottom of the grip fram, and that offset angle to it wouldn't be necessary. Not to mention it'd probably make it easier to manufacturer.

Of course, this wouldn't necessarily need to be done imediately. Though it is another idea to throw into the mix. I mean the Illusion just came out, WGP redesigned their Sniper II a bit, the Sterling is also going to have another new production run. And that's the industry, lately there's been a few pump-only teams at major tournaments, and I'm already guessing possibly 4 pump teams if not more at this coming Skyball.

xen_100
11-05-2002, 01:25 AM
dont forget the phantom...........those are kick butt pumps.

pbguy888
11-05-2002, 06:44 AM
Excuse my ignorance but whats a 6 pack?

shartley
11-05-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by pbguy888
Excuse my ignorance but whats a 6 pack?
Here you go...
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34176

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32728

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9287

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=456

And there are more threads about them. Some of these threads have pictures too. Enjoy.

(Note: SEARCH is our friend. ;))

bofh
11-05-2002, 08:58 AM
Isn't the 6-pack not stock-class legal? I thought that stock class have to have a certain number of twists to count.

Granted there is no NPPL rules for stock class, but all the league rules I've seen normal forbid lever changers, and allow only one powerlet in the marker at a time.

But for pump play (outside of "stock-class"), why would a 6-pack be better than a 3.5oz tank? You might as well go with a little CA, and I find (your miliage may vary) it's just as fun with my sterling and 45 round hoppper.

While I don't think they's sell enough to be worth it, I'd personally probally buy two.

Fred
11-05-2002, 12:03 PM
Technically, the 6-pack isn't sc legal because it is lever action... but does that make it less cool?? NO WAY!

I would buy one, if I could find one for less than 150 bucks, which is a tad more than I'm willing to pay for one.

If they were reproduced I'd definitly get one, I'd pay between $60 and $100 for sure.

Oldschool = Old's Cool! :)

---Fred (AO's Resident Pump-a-holic)

Vendetta
11-05-2002, 12:23 PM
I had one of these on my Bushmaster before I went to CA. It rocked.

SqueegeeKid
11-05-2002, 01:42 PM
I'd buy one for sure!

Every time i find one online for sale it's at a time i'm too broke to pay 200+ for it!

Trunnion
11-05-2002, 01:55 PM
is it legal for modified stock class?

Meph
11-05-2002, 02:03 PM
It all really depends on the rules of the field/organizer of the event. There are some places that are extremely strict that won't even let you play with a KP-2 with a friend who has a PGP. That's considered stock class rifle, and stock class pistol... two different groups.

And you get people that organize events a bit more rule-bending where they don't care what you use as long as you have to manually pump it, even pneumatic assist would be allowed.

Myself, I play stock class with a PGP. However, depending on the field if I had a 6-pack, I'd slap it on my Grey Ghost or Bushmaster and have fun.
That, or also of course the future AM-P Illusion that the Paintball Marshals will be getting, a group thing. I can't wait for that deal to get finished with, I really do like those pumps.

Though for a price, I think these could easily sell for 60 bucks. And quite a number of people would buy them. I know a couple dozen people that want one, but don't want to pay the high price that they are currently at since they are so few and hard to come by.

Of course I have a complete blueprint and know some machine shops, I'll probably just make one for myself for now. Then toss aside and buy a real AGD one if remade.

AGD
11-05-2002, 06:55 PM
In general they are not legal for true stock class. That form of paintball is specifically designed so you dont have to spend a fortune to be competitve. While stock class has its place it has been around for 10 years without much growth.

AGD

Blazestorm
11-05-2002, 07:40 PM
I'd buy one and a phantom just for the coolness factor...

The fact that I could flick a switch and the 12 gram pops out :D

Meph
11-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I really do love the coolness they have. I mean I'd sooner buy one than make one. Though chances are, I'm going to have to. Ain't too hard for me, just cut and bend some sheet metal mostly.

And indeed to also respect patent rights, it'd be the one and only one I make for personal use. I wouldn't make 50 of them myself and sell them. Not to mention I'm too lazy, I'm having trouble getting up to make my own.