PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem

smilestyler
11-04-2002, 10:39 PM
I was playing on a cooler day. My micromag wasn't doing well all day, and I blamed it on the temp. When I got home, cleaned it, then went to cycle a few blanks. Here's the problem; It will fire 4 or 5 times then stops, and the trigger rod doesn't return. I de-gas, then re-gas and it starts again for about 4 or 5 shots and stops again. Any suggestions?

ScatterPlot
11-04-2002, 10:53 PM
Give it to me.

:D

no, just kidding. Have you oiled it? How much pressure is in the tank? Is the on/off assy OK? Check some of that out.

Nobody077
11-04-2002, 11:30 PM
Check your on/off o-rings, clean and oil them and give it another try, it sounds like the on/off pin is sticking. good luck

battlegroup
11-05-2002, 01:05 AM
How fast was the gun chronoed at? If you didn't chrono it try turning the velocity up and checking it on the chrono.
Do you have any filters in the line from the air source to the gun? Try removing it/them if you do.
Check the on/off again. Make sure the pin is in correctly and doesn't have anything wrong with it (burrs/scratches)
If that doesn't work, replace the top two o-rings in the on/off.
Without seeing the gun, that's the best I can do

SaS
11-05-2002, 03:51 AM
is it just me on this one... because i'm thinking bolt stick

when it jams get a pencil and push back against the bolt to see if it pushes the trigger back into place... if so, you got bolt stick and try it with a different Main spring

smilestyler
11-06-2002, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the help. My problem sounds similar to Joshfudge's problem. I recleaned the whole marker, and re oiled. I paid special attention to oiling the on/off. it doesn't appear to be damaged. I replaced the main spring because I had a new one anyway. However the problem still exists. I tried pushing on the bolt with a pencil, and sure enough, it is sticking. Now with a new spring, is there anything else to remedy bolt stick?

rikkter
11-06-2002, 10:19 AM
yeah buy a pt space kit and put in the size bigger then you already have now, and change the pt oring as well.

Kevmaster
11-06-2002, 06:58 PM
rikkter is correct. an new powertube spacer kit(around $10) will remedy the problem for you

SaS
11-06-2002, 09:11 PM
before spacers there were springs... if your still using springs, just replace that spring with a new one, if you have/can get a new one

rikkter
11-06-2002, 11:17 PM
SaS.
PT spaces have proven to be more realiable and more beneficial then the springs previously used.

So, if you still have the spring, switch to PT spacers anyways. only the better thing to do.

smilestyler
11-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Spring? If you are refering to the bolt spring, I already replaced it. I think I will call my local dealer and order a PT spacer kit. This sounds like the next logical step. Thanks to all of you with your advice.

rikkter
11-07-2002, 12:50 PM
lol, long time ago in the power tube there use to be a spring instead of the pt spacers. thats the spring we're refering to.

SaS
11-08-2002, 08:18 AM
I'm just saying that if he's still using a power tube spring and needs a new one... would be faster to replace the spring with a "new" one versus ordering or just driving out to the local proshop to buy a spacer kit... but that's assuming that he has another powertube spring of course

rikkter
11-08-2002, 11:27 AM
yeah but why? the spacers are BETTER then the springs. i mean yeah if he has the spring go ahead and use it but and buy a spacer kit and use the spring til the spacer kit arrives. maybe thats what you were saying.:D

SaS
11-09-2002, 03:09 AM
exactly

I'm not saying springs are better...

I got my mag second hand and it came with springs in the powertube along with some extras... i did just fine with those until i got my spacers

athomas
11-12-2002, 01:06 PM
I agree with SaS. A power tube sping will get you through a day until you get a spacer kit. A spacer kit just allows you to better tune your bolt/trigger sear sensitivity.