PDA

View Full Version : Can you short stroke a retro valve mag?

Won Hunglo
11-04-2002, 10:56 PM
OK I dusted off my old Classic mag a few weeks ago. Just like when I put it away 7 years ago it is still one short stoking dog. (I quit paintball but now I am back. Shot a friends Angel and bought one the next day.) About every 5th ball rolls out of the barrel of the Mag and goes about 10 feet. If I buy a retro valve can you still short stoke the trigger and have balls roll out of the barrel? I want to keep the Mag for a back up gun.

virus
11-05-2002, 12:10 AM
yes you can still shrotstroke a retro.... though it can be a liitle harder to do....

as for the balls just rollin out of your barrel after a few shots.... i am goona guess you are using co2 and the temp is below 50° outside....... that is the problem with co2 and cold weather.....

switching over to compressed air should help get rid of that problem and will be a must for a retro valve as it only runs on compressed air (also known as hpa/nitro/n2... all the same as far as paintball is concerened)

now to help with the shortstoking... just keep firing the mag w/o out paint as much as possible.... you just need to teach your finger the proper way to use it.... full pull, full release......

the other alternitive would be upgrading the valve to Level 10.... goto the main fourm here and there is a classic thread with all the info on it..... but in short will get rid of chops due to shortstroking and feeding problems......