PDA

View Full Version : who makes drop forward extensions.

flatacid
11-05-2002, 01:32 AM
ive seen them before, but now i can't seem to find them anywhere. its a peice of metal, that fits on the bottome of the grip frame, and extends the drop forward, or cradle forward about an 1 1/2 or so. i can't seem to find them anywhere anymore. if you see these online, please gimme the link.

thanks.

TippmannMan
11-05-2002, 07:39 AM
excuse me if i read wrong... but a piece of metal (or any sort of material) that fits on the bottomline of the grip frame that extends the "cradle" is a drop forward :D but if you are talking about an extension how far do you want it? i mean ive seen drop forwards that are a foot long.

yeahthatsme
11-05-2002, 07:50 AM
www.proteamproducts.com has them. go to the benchmark area.

TippmannMan
11-05-2002, 08:14 AM
am i still reading wrong? looks like drop forwards to me. flatacid just look around and youll find there are hundreds (well maybe more like tens) of drop forwards out there of different styling and colors.

flatacid
11-05-2002, 02:16 PM
i meant an extension like yeahthatsme is talking about. i already have a drop forward, but i would like it to go forward about 1 1/2"-2". sorry it was confusing.:)

thanks

flatacid
11-05-2002, 02:21 PM
ok. i looked at the site, and they didn't have them either. now im determined to find them, cause i know ive seen them before.:mad:

Magsrule3
11-05-2002, 02:28 PM
paintballgear.com has the Benchmark ones.

flatacid
11-05-2002, 02:47 PM
thanks magsrule3. i was just about to say that ive found them. :)

on closer inspection of these things, they look like they will bring it forward to much. anyone have any ideas on making your own. and heres the picture of what the benchmark one looks like. http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/031-7430.html

thanks alot guys.

sniper1rfa
11-05-2002, 03:07 PM
ive made a few, cause i like to sutomize the length of my drops per gun (read: im a cheapskate). you can do it with a hand drill. you just need a flat plate of al about the size you want. drill one side with a #21 bit, 3/4" apart. then do the other side with a #7 bit, again 3/4" apart. tap the smaller holes and your done.

TippmannMan
11-05-2002, 03:07 PM
ah... sorry for doubting you flatacid :D this probably wont help you much but its hard to make a good homemade drop forward. well made drop forwards are surprisingly strong. when i tried using my homemade drop forward it bent to unusability after one day of play.

FrAuStY
11-05-2002, 04:39 PM
How bout 3/4 in drop... no forward movement? NW Disconnect at dropzonepaintball.com (Very nice addition to any drop forward setup IMO)

*EDIT*- Tippmannman,

As long as you use the correct metal thicknesses and bend it slowly, you shouldn't have a problem. Or.. start with a brick of aluminum and drill/chisel away what you're not gonna use :eek:

Spaceman613
11-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Brick of aluminum? man I must be out of the loop, last heard these were called billets.:D

email this guy if you want a custom drop forward
dsergison@yahoo.com

go here

http://www.spaceman613.net/machining/machining.htm

He makes me parts all the time, ok, sometimes I just use his machines. Only thing is, you have to be SURE of what you want. A nice drawing helps bigtime. But he's good.

flatacid
11-05-2002, 06:43 PM
i actually have the nw dropforward w/ on/off. i think i have the smaller of the 2. maybe i should just buy the 8" spoon drop forward, and swap out the 5".

magman007
11-05-2002, 08:51 PM
well, i had to make my self a filler for my e-mag and when i had my intelliframe, since the normal bottom line screws went in too far., it was pretty easy. i took a good width of aluminum bar stock, and cut 2 pieces. drilled em, lined em up, and i jb welded em to gether... worked like a charm

TippmannMan
11-06-2002, 05:42 PM
ok sorry guys first of all i didnt have ANY tools my homemade drop forward was a bottomline adapter i attached to a slab of aluminum. in other words... i wasnt trying to make a good drop forward :p but its ok im not bitter :D