PDA

View Full Version : Putting valve back on... HELP!!

Barrakuda <>-<
11-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Why is it so hard to put the back valve thing back into the gun?? Why can't you just push it in and have it set?

I have a 68 automag classic and when I try to put the vlave back into the body part of the gun, it won't go....

I get it on and where that little hole popping out slides into the crease, that's how far I get... I can't get it to go down there so it slides into place.

ANY HELP?!?! thanks...

Load SM5
11-05-2002, 03:38 PM
Check and make sure the rail bushing (metal sleeve inside the hole where your valve screw goes in) is'nt sticking up above the rail. If it's sticking up above the rail the valve won't go back in.

Barrakuda <>-<
11-05-2002, 03:45 PM
Why, thank you very much!

I read the manual, but for some reason I can't find where to OIL the valve... Can you help me out and tell me specifically where, because I don't understand where the manual tells you to oil it....

Gotcha3
11-05-2002, 04:04 PM
Putting oil into your MAG is quite easy actually. Just put 3-4 drops of oil into the ASA, gas the marker up and dry fire it 15-20 times (Do this without the barrel--so you don't get oil sprayed into it) You don't have to drop oil directly into the valve--the above procedure will oil all the internals properly.
Hope this helps,
Aaron
LvL 10 E-MAG:::::::::D ::::::::::D ::::::D Check It Ref!

Barrakuda <>-<
11-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Is that true? Will that really work, need help from someone else before I actually do that.

spazzed
11-05-2002, 06:32 PM
Yes, it'll work just fine. But like he said, make sure you do it WITHOUT the barrel.