PDA

View Full Version : My First Tourney Results

mrhooie
11-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Well, finally played in my first tournament

We put together a team consisting of players from Yellowknife, NWT Canada. We'd played each other up here, but never as a 5 man team. Also - forced to play Novice as there was no Rookie

The field was Paintball Action Games in Edmonton. They built a new indoor facility from the ground up. Dale and the gang have been in paintball a long time, having an outdoor field south of Edmonton. This place was built beautifully (although, they have a problem of the field dirt being tracked through the whole establishment). It's about 180' x 85' (see pics here http://www.paintballaction.net/indoor.html)

Well, I never thought I would get so many looks playing with an Emag!. My set up - Emag centre feed, eVLution II, Freak, 88-4500 Flatline.. I got comments "ooo is that an Emag? (me - yeah - them - SWEET) and "that's a rare site"

This was land of the Timmy's with WAS boards and Angels.

The Emag was fairly consistent. In the chrono room 285, 287, 285.. On the field 303, 303, 303... I think they had a bad handheld radar chrony as a few markers got pulled.

We made a few rookie mistakes, but were lucky enough to beat some teams that had been together for a year or more

A great experience, I'll do it again really soon

I'll see if I have any pictures worth posting

Hughie - captain - eXposure

Jonno06
11-05-2002, 09:36 PM
congrats on your first tourny...

it sounds like you had tons of fun..

lets see some pics!:p

mrhooie
11-06-2002, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah - I also forgot to post that at the 2nd game at the on field chrony, I had a ref accuse me of trigger bounce

This was new to me, but apparently the guys in Alberta (I don't know if this is everywhere) are keeping an eye on trigger bounce

I watched them pull a marker in the game and test it on the field. After finding none, they gave it back to the player

So he says to me, If I hear that bouncing in the game, I'm pulling your marker. Well, they watched me really close for the first 3 or 4 games till we went to the head ref. People are really inexperienced with the Emag. He said - no worries - it's ok.

Wow - didn't realize I ripped that hard on the Emag - I've never adjusted the trigger

shartley
11-06-2002, 10:59 AM
Good job. :D

Bushman
11-06-2002, 12:00 PM
Good job MrHooie.
You did us proud.

yeahthatsme
11-06-2002, 04:52 PM
what do they mean trigger bounce?

FordPrefect
11-06-2002, 05:19 PM
It happens with electronic markers. When you do anything, it isn't really smoothe, it is a series of staggared events. So the trigger on an electronic marker will take the events as trigger pulls. So you might "pull" the trigger once, but there will be a few "trigger events" that make the marker fire a few times.