PDA

View Full Version : i need help big time, problem with power tube

p8ntballervirus
11-07-2002, 06:39 PM
alright, i got a used emag from this guy. it was in perfect working condition the first time i shot it. the second time the level 10 wasn't working properly, so i needed to adjust it. today i finally got around to take the time and adjust it properly, when disaster stuck.....
i took the power tube off of the body and i was doing this while talking to my friend that also has an emag. he told me to unscrew the power tube tip with one of those adjustable wrenches. i did so and it was hard to get off, infact i couldn't even get it off. i kept trying with other tools, when i went back to the adjustable wrench it started to bend the edges. well i just got really pissed and said **** it... i'm not going to screw it up, someone else is. so i need some help where i can send this part and gun to, how much it will cost, and when will i get it back. thx for your help i really hope i can get this fixed.

mxracer33x
11-07-2002, 07:31 PM
Before you send it off, I would Try using a good quality 3/8" wrench or 6 point socket and hold the valve with a strap wrench around the powertube. If you dont have a strap wrench, I have used a piece of thick leather and a pair of pliers. The bigget thing you dont want to do is scratch up the powertube or strip the brass powertube tips wrench flats off. If you still dont feel comfortable, then send it off. You might try to contact the person you bought it from and see if they used a thread locking agent on the Powertube tip. It isn't necessary, but I have seen people do stranger things. Good luck

LawFox32
11-08-2002, 10:32 AM
the guy you bought it off of may have loc-tited the PT tip on; you can try taking a lighter and heating up the PT tip and then try taking it off; you may run the risk of melting your o-rings though but probably only the PT o-ring which you can replace easier than the tip