PDA

View Full Version : When PC and stupid people go beyond the ordinary stupid...

Fred
11-07-2002, 08:35 PM
http://www.twotowersprotest.org/

Can you believe that garbage? Re-name a movie that takes its title from a book written over 60 years ago???

Give me a frickin break! Who the heck do they think they are???

---Fred (a LOTR Fanatic)

Fred
11-07-2002, 08:40 PM
Oh phooey...the site is down...

it was basically a protest site (that looked serious) that demanded that the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers movie, set to open in theaters this December, should change its name because of Sept. 11...

for the uninitiated, the Two Towers in the movie are Orthanc, and Barad-dur, which are the homes of the wizard Saruman and evil badguy Sauron, respectively, and the adventures in that movie revolve around what happens between them... :)

It has little to do, except the name, with the WTC...

---Fred

vf-xx
11-07-2002, 08:42 PM
The public mass can be quite stupid. Especially when the more stupid is more vocal. Meh, PC is overrated.

Spray Painter
11-07-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Fred

Give me a frickin break! Who the heck do they think they are???

---Fred (a LOTR Fanatic)

people with two much time

Spray Painter
11-07-2002, 08:45 PM
oh, and BTW, LOTR is cool:)

oldsoldier
11-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Hey, they are lobbying to change "the Hunchback of Notre Dame" to "the Bellringer"...apparently, 18th century hunchbacks are offended. Next, they will have to give him a decent job, under the guise that his handicap placed him in a menial position....AH! I hate PC!

FactsOfLife
11-08-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
Hey, they are lobbying to change "the Hunchback of Notre Dame" to "the Bellringer"...apparently, 18th century hunchbacks are offended. Next, they will have to give him a decent job, under the guise that his handicap placed him in a menial position....AH! I hate PC!

I hear the Bellringer is also demanding his own parking space near the tower for his horse and wagon....

spazzed
11-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Woohoo! PC strikes again!..Well ya know what? PC, I pee on thee!

Hexis
11-08-2002, 03:18 AM
Old news. In fact if this is the original protest it was done as a joke to see how many people would fall for it. Way too many hopped on board. Perhaps they didn't realize that the Two Towers was originally published in 1945.

oldsoldier
11-08-2002, 03:26 AM
Its just plain wrong to change the name of anything classic because it "offends" someone. These people also find Michelangelo offensive. You know what? You dont like it, dont look! You dont agree with the movie? Dont see it. I am so tired of a few people making such a big stink about names, titles, paintings, statues, etc. True, some is done for mere shock value. But when you take something out of context, like The Hunchback, and say it is offensive to hunchabcked people....I mean, come on! How many do you know? Hell, how many do I know? I dont see hundreds of them protesting in the streets, demanding compensation for 100 years of being portrayed as subhuman. I honestly think they hire people for the specific goal of finding something to gripe about. Like me:rolleyes:

Jonno06
11-08-2002, 06:21 AM
These people can find ANYTHING wrong with EVERYTHING...

dont they have laundry to do or something?

MagDog68
11-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Slightly off-topic:

Has anyone been following the rebuilding process of lower Manhattan and the ideas floating around for the WTC site? The amount of politicians who now want to turn the entire 16 acres into a memorial is astounding!

I don't want to sound cold hearted, but to use what is probably the most expensive real estate in the world for a memorial seems a little ridiculous. I would personally love to see the towers raised again. Anyone have thoughts on this?

~Fred

Vex
11-08-2002, 11:16 AM
BTW, the WTC towers were referred to as the "Twin Towers"--not the "Two Towers."

Next thing you know, the'll want Tower Records to change their name too...

Nothing is safe from PC.

rhetor22
11-08-2002, 03:30 PM
oh and "niggardly" is no longer a word either.

I think its halarious when you're describing a person and say what race/ethnicity they are. People get offended. They say "what does he look like?" and you reply "he's indian with black hair, about 5' 6"."

People seem to have a problem with that. We're gunna have to ban describing people by physical appearance. soon it'll be, "what does she look like?" reply is "She's very nice and sweet." WOW. that helps a lot.

PC makes me angry. My view on the issue is, why the hell should i care what religion/ethnicity you are? Doesn't make a difference to me.

Stupid people ruin EVERYTHING.