PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme, sfl, or stock?

mikeyg
11-08-2002, 02:47 PM
I am going to buy a new emag but I am having trouble picking which one I want to buy. I will not be buying it until after tax season (around Feb. 03) so any thoughts would be great.

Kevmaster
11-08-2002, 03:19 PM
if you want an XMag around Feb(or later) order now. they wont be out till then anyways....

SFLs are no longer being made, so youd have to pick one up used.

Stock Emags are still kickin

overall, id take a XMag....dman nice guns, but you do have to question the value in the extra $400 price tag....

mikeyg
11-08-2002, 03:47 PM
That was my thought about the xtreme. Is it worth the extra cash for a cool body. I am one of those guys that it really doesn't matter how cool the marker looks (it does help though). Also with the new "no rise" body I think I might like the stock one alittle better! Anyone else have any thoughts?

oldsoldier
11-08-2002, 04:16 PM
well, the x-mags have 1) LVL 10 inside 2) ACE system 3) no key to lose 4)cool colors and milling 5)no rise body AND warp feed body, together 6)cocker threaded barrels (ok, who really cares about that) 7) they are MUCH lighter than the emags.
So, it really depends on what you want. I wasnt even considering one, till 2 things happened; one, I introduced to new people to our cult here, and one of them was obsessed with buying an emag and, two, I found and x-mag for sale here, allowing me to offset the cost. When you consider what you'll spend on an emag to upgrade; LX, another body, another barrel, any custom stuff done to it....the prices come close. But, the choice is entirely up to you. If you want to wait, I suggest you do. You want one now, buy the emag. I had a hard time parting with mine...till my x-mag got here:D

Bulldog
11-08-2002, 04:38 PM
OS pretty much covered it, but you said your not not gonna buy it 'till around next Feburary, so you should look pretty hard at the x-mag. Decide if the upgrades are worth the extra bucks and go with your gut.

mikeyg
11-08-2002, 05:18 PM
I do really like the xtreme and the cocker threading is a plus seeing how I was planning to start buying DYE barrels and my Matrix is cocker threaded. Do you really need the ACE if you have the LX? Is it just something that could go wrong with the marker and not really make a diff.? If there is no key how do you turn the marker on and off? As you can see I still have a few ?'s to ask.

mikeyg
11-08-2002, 05:22 PM
Where I would be picking one up the diff. from emag to xtreme was only $150.00 more. Thats what the store owner told me the price would be and he sells the emag for $1100.00. What is the price going to be set at and is $1250.00 a good deal for an xtreme? I payed about that much for my LCD Matrix! :confused:

Bulldog
11-08-2002, 05:29 PM
I just pre-ordered my cnc x-mag and the lady at AGD said around $1350.

I read in a post earlier, I can't seem to find it now, but Manike said the ACE made a difference. Not really that much info on the ACE as not really that many people have them.

As far as a good price on an emag, Paintballgear.com has them starting at 800.

oldsoldier
11-08-2002, 05:46 PM
There is a little spring type switch located above the original hole for the plastic key...its between the framr and body. The ACE is kinda like additional protection; basically, from what I gather, the gun wont fire if the ACE doesnt detect a ball, preventing chopping it in the chamber. The LX essentially does the same thing; bounces off the ball if it hasnt chambered all the way. So, even if the ACE dies, the LX wont. Oh, and also there is a ball detent on the body, as opposed to in the barrel. This is a little more convenient, as it allows you to take the barrel off without you balls falling out (ok, that sounds bad).

mikeyg
11-08-2002, 06:33 PM
Is there a way to turn the ACE off and still use the marker in elctro or hybrid, or do you have to have the power off?

bunkerhugger
11-08-2002, 07:06 PM
You can turn the ACE off and still use the gun.

And cocker threads do make a difference. The level 10 on my other mags will bind if my barrel is pushed against something like a bunker. The cocker barrels don't wiggle as much thus I've never had problems with bolt binding on my Xmag.

mikeyg
11-08-2002, 07:34 PM
How do you turn ACE off, is it a switch/botton? Or do you have to go inside and disconect something?

mikeyg
11-08-2002, 07:35 PM
Anyone who has an xtreme please post the price you paid for it.

oldsoldier
11-08-2002, 09:48 PM
I am not sure how ACe gets turned off...I think it is by using the buttons on the grip...there is a code, and it is either "00" or "01". I think one may be on, one off. If someone knows for sure, please post.
As for the price, I bought mine used here on the forums. It is also serial #10...I got a great deal, but, to keep the integrity of who I dealt with, I wont post the price. If he reads this and wants to, fine. Suffice to say I got a great deal :)

Jaymz
11-09-2002, 02:16 PM
Here is my advice, wait until Feburary (sp?) to decide what gun to get. Just research your *** off for now. Ive been looking at new guns for months, and trust me, its going to drive you crazy and by feburary things will change, what you want will change, whats available will change, prices will change, technology will change. So just research every gun out there that you might be interested in, and come back to it once you got the money. You know how long i was dieing to get my cocker? months, in five minutes of conversation i decided on a minimag. I spent 4 or 5 full days on cockers, plus other days. I know everything there is to know except timing them. Ive studied schematics and all that ****. And i dont regret it, i just wish there was as much information about mags online as cocker cuzz i already feel like ive read it all.

kutter
11-10-2002, 10:51 AM
Kevmaster who told you that SFL's were not being made any longer?

I talked to TK at World Cup and he said that they had not sent any blanks to Shocktech because they could not fill there own orders but they would be sending them some.

Did this change since I spoke to him?

He also told me that there are, as of now, 40 SFL E-Mags in the world, I always wondered exactly how many there were ;)

I got the impression that Shocktech would not be producing large quantities each year, it would be a very limited thing.

Load SM5
11-11-2002, 11:56 AM
SFL's may be made again, or may not. Shocktech is working on the bushmaster right now but they have some extreme bodies to play with. Even if they do make some new ones it won't be with the same milling pattern as the first run. So the 40 SFL's that are out there right now are pretty unique.