PDA

View Full Version : loc-tite +mag=bad??

pimped mag 01
11-08-2002, 10:53 PM
i wanted to know if using blue loc-tite on the power tube tip and else where would be good for it or not, i know not to use too much,just a drop but my power tube tip comes loose and my trigger pin thinger came out too far and gun fooked up thanks for any imput

oldsoldier
11-08-2002, 11:00 PM
simple...dont use it. Use teflon tape; it comes off a helluvalot easier.

pimped mag 01
11-08-2002, 11:03 PM
on the power tube tip? i think blue or whit loc-tite would be easier. isn't teflon tape is more for sealing then holding?

pimped mag 01
11-08-2002, 11:28 PM
yay!!!!:D i get my mag back this monday:D :D :D im sooo happy shes pimped, but not as much as everynoe elses

Rabidus
11-09-2002, 03:01 AM
It only matters what you think pimp! If anybody makes fun of your mag, they are just jealous that they dont have one!

micromag02
11-09-2002, 10:00 AM
blue loc-tite is for sealing only and will not fix your problem. try replaceing your o-ring first. if you want to use loc-tite check-out the tech article on it on apg's web site.

pimped mag 01
11-09-2002, 01:12 PM
wait wait i use blue loctite in my gas powered rc car and it holds those screws in from the vibrations and other hits i still can't see why i can't use it cause i think it would work im just putting it on some threads (not trying to cause problems just trying to get whole answer)

please:confused:

micromag02
11-09-2002, 11:47 PM
i'm not saying not to use it, if your cafeful there should be no problem, i'm just saying it's only made as a sealer. the o-ring is also supposed to keep the part from comeing loose, try replaceing it and see if it helps. no need to use loc-tite if u don't have to.

pimped mag 01
11-10-2002, 12:08 AM
thnks micromag, which i might say is a very nice gun if u got the bling bling, but seriously thanks:)

fenris69
11-13-2002, 07:29 PM
I've had that problem, very annoying specially with newer tips I find. A slightly fatter oring does wonders, a bit of teflon wont hurt either, you just want a little more friction...teflon, loctite, gum from your shoe etc... this is just your ptube tip, so the worst that could happen is small particles of...whatever nameless substance you use will shoot out your barrel...oh the horror! :)

as long as your sure you can get it off if you need to, use anything you feel like(assuming it doesnt bond metals or something crazy)