PDA

View Full Version : Mag and Angel Carbine pictures

Tufiremn
11-09-2002, 11:47 AM
Here's a few pictures of my Automag RTPro with carbine stock, laser, and flashlight (both use pressure pads), and my friends Angel with carbine stock, and foregrip along with a laser. If you look just above the Angel you can figure out what scenario we where at.

Tufiremn
11-09-2002, 11:48 AM
Angel

Tufiremn
11-09-2002, 11:49 AM
Automag

Bulldog
11-09-2002, 12:07 PM
Stand by...

Mossman
11-09-2002, 12:12 PM
Acknowledged

Bulldog
11-09-2002, 12:16 PM
lol

Mossman
11-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Acknowledged

magman007
11-09-2002, 12:28 PM
looks pretty cool, but i will stand by all od my previous statements, paintball markers do not need to resemble real guns in any way, shape or form. Even if it is for scenarios. Im sure you put alot of time into that, and i salute you. Ut just does not make me happy.

Nice markers

Shirow
11-09-2002, 12:35 PM
fun for scenarios :)

Temo Vryce
11-09-2002, 02:15 PM
THey look good but have no place in my paintball world. DId I mention that they do look good?

battlegroup
11-09-2002, 02:25 PM
Having gone to laser safety training and seeing all the disclaimers of many types of lasers, I find it hard to believe that any scenario field would allow that.

OldSchoolMag
11-09-2002, 02:54 PM
Actually, Viper scenario's DON'T allow the use of lasers, and I'm sure he disengaged it before playing.

However, I recall being shown something like that a while ago - maybe one or two years ago, when they had the TZ scenario at Xgames, though with both the guns looking so new, I doubt it was you.

Great job with the guns, hopefully I'll see you at T-Rev:D

OSM

EnderWigginPballin
11-09-2002, 08:09 PM
the mag is cool, because a stock is a stock, but the Angel with the M-16 foregrip arpound the barrel makes me want to cry..... why would you do that to such a nice gun?

minimag187
11-09-2002, 08:53 PM
How you liking the RT Pro, thats the one i sold you on ebay;)

vf-xx
11-09-2002, 09:09 PM
I like. looks pretty cool.

but one question. where is the feed tube for the angel?

Tufiremn
11-09-2002, 09:36 PM
Actually Viper does allow lasers at his scenarios, and yes both where active. I figured that subject would bring plenty of discussion, namely on the safety issue. Yes a laser can cause retnal burns if you look directly at it for a length of time, but the distance from the laser along with the exposer time both play into the harmful effects or reduction of them. Since the laser is mounted on a marker that is held in the hand it is on an unstable platform, and any contact with the eyes would be limited to a fraction of a second, add this to the fact that you will never be any closer than 20' from it, and the laser light also has to pass through the goggle lens the danger of retnal burns is greatly reduced, if not eliminated all together. The lasers that are used as sights are of relativly low power, and the warning is to keep people from looking directly at the beam, along with protecting the manufac. butt.

BTW, I found that they are better suited for marking a bunker that a player is hiding behind, rather than as a sight. Kinda like using a laser designator.

Thanks for the comments on the markers. As far as the A1/M4 foregrip on the Angel. There was no damage done to the barrel, and the stock fits into a custom made back plate. Yes they do look like real guns to some extent, but we are a scenario team, and that is what we like. It's also something differnt from the norm, which is what everyone wants.

Crazy
11-09-2002, 09:40 PM
you killed an angel...

Tufiremn
11-09-2002, 09:42 PM
The Angel feed tube wasn't on for the picture.

Minimag, Working like a dream with the lvl10, can't remember the last time I broke a ball. BTW, I actually played with the Emag that you can kinda see behind my mag. I put the RT body and valve on the Emag for the game since the Emag had a chrome body and no lvl10. Still worked like a charm.

Rooster
11-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Good work, i wouldn't mind using either of those at any time, in any game.

Tufiremn
11-09-2002, 09:54 PM
Here's a pic off warpig with me and the Emag.

56kSomeGuy
11-10-2002, 01:52 AM
That looks great Tufiremn. Looks like you put a lot of work into that. Making you pb gun look like more of a gun is the fun of a scenario games. People who think this is bad will never understand the fun of it untill they play some scenario games(I love scenarios, wish they had more but i hate to take a 2hour drive everytime up to wane's world in ocala every time they have a big game).:(

toymyster
11-10-2002, 03:35 AM
They look interesting enough!! However, forgive me for completely missing the point of doing that!!

Jonno06
11-10-2002, 08:53 AM
wow..those guns sure do look nice..i like them...

nice emag too:)

Archangel
11-10-2002, 01:55 PM
really nice

EnderWigginPballin
11-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by 56kSomeGuy
Making you pb gun look like more of a gun is the fun of a scenario games. People who think this is bad will never understand the fun of it untill they play some scenario games(

I don't believe that having a pink gun or an M-4 look-alike changes the amount of fun a person has during the game.

I would have a problem adding stocks and crazy stuff to my gun just because it would add weight...

that use for the laser, marking a bunker is a great diea though!!! I can't count all of the times I've had to be like "No that bunker... No to the right... no, you're other right..."

cledford
11-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Tufiremn
Here's a few pictures of my Automag RTPro with carbine stock, laser, and flashlight (both use pressure pads), and my friends Angel with carbine stock, and foregrip along with a laser. If you look just above the Angel you can figure out what scenario we where at.

How'd you do it?

-Calvin

zbody
11-14-2002, 07:20 AM
Great job. How did you get the stock on the mag?

Tufiremn
11-14-2002, 11:50 AM
Just took a piece of thick wall Aluminum, milled out the ID to fit around the valve, cut a relief for the rail, drilled and tapped a few holes for set screws. To mount the stock to the adapter I drilled a hole though both the adapter, and the Tipmann(sp)adapter. Used a clevis pin to hold them to gether, and the lock down nut on the stock keeps everything tight. All you have to do to adjust the velocity is loosen the lock down, pull the pin, and the stock slides out of the adapter. Not to hard to build if you have the time and tools. I might have some more made up by a machine shop if the price is right. Course this also depends on demand.

OldSchoolMag
11-14-2002, 04:30 PM
PROHIBITED EQUIPMENT:
Heavy clothing which is designed to promote bounces. Shields of any kind, unbreakable trip wires, air horns, cylumes, knives, ropes, whistles, hot-burning smoke, pyrotechnics, firearms, laser sights, crossbows, sling shots, BB guns. When in doubt, ask the game management. Any device designed to raise or lower the velocity of a paint marker (tools) are prohibited on the field of play.

I always thought that prohibited meant not allowed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

(If Viper has changed his rules, forgive me.)

OSM

Tufiremn
11-14-2002, 05:43 PM
I think those are MXS rules, where lasers are not allowed. Viper uses the same set of rules, but does allow Lasers.

http://boards.eesite.com/board.cgi?boardset=viper007&boardid=Scenario&thread=30&spec

I did have a few people call me on it, and every time it was checked by a ref. via radio back to Viper. Everytime came back with an OK.

Trench
11-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Real enough looking for ya?