PDA

View Full Version : TNN Thunderdome ** Possibly the worst exposure for PB Ever!

Scorch
11-10-2002, 02:45 AM
I can not believe what I just saw on TV!!!!

TNN has a show call Thunderdome. It caught my attention while channel surfing because a whacked out looking camo wearing wrestler-want-to-be was brandishing a m98 with CO2 while yapping at an interviewer. No there was not a barrel plug.

The next scene is a similar interview with his opponent. In this segment, the 2nd member of this opposing team actually shoots the interviewer on camera in the back from about 20-30 ft. No one pictured has a mask on. I'm freaking at this point but it gets worse!!!

The competition is of the two 2 person teams riding dirt bikes with side cars around an off road arena course while shooting each other. Not one of the course workers, commentators, audience, or players has an approved mask. Oh it gets worse still...

They wail around this course ripping paint at each other and one of the drivers appears to have his motorcycle helmet shield up!

Unbelievably... there is yet another level of stupidity.....

In the closing interview, the winning team shoots the unprotected interviewer AGAIN!

I've never seen this show before and don't know if this is a regular debasement of paintball or just a onetime Monstrous act of reckless endangerment.

Someone help me find an email addy for TNN. I am completely shocked that I saw this.
*Edit
FOUND IT! http://www.thenewtnn.com/mail_form.jhtml
You know what to do but be nice yet firm.

Scorch

Scorch
11-10-2002, 02:46 AM
This was my comment response to TNN:

I was stunned with the Paintball segment of Thunderdome tonight.

Paintball is one of the fastest growing extreme sports. Our biggest hurdle to becoming a truly mainstream sport is the misrepresentation of paintballers. The show tonight was a horrible example!

I am a tournament paintball player as are the other people you will see responding to this show. Showing paintball in a completely unsafe environment with not ONE person using safety equipment is simply irresponsible. The fact that the unprotected “interviewer” was shot not once but on two separate occasions is unbelievable. Certainly, no one could stand behind a “Kids, don’t do this at home” statement. Its simply reckless.
The information page of your website cites “The New TNN has set ratings records each and every month and has brought a new young adult audience to its schedule.”

Is this really the way to get those ratings? I watch TNN all the time. This seems to be a lapse in a generally positive viewing environment.

Please read the comments of my fellow paint players and consider what the right course of action should be.

Thank you for your consideration of this issue.

Dan Jones
Gravity Paintball Team
www.gravitypaintball.org

Jonno06
11-10-2002, 08:43 AM
good job,ill email too...

wes
11-10-2002, 09:14 AM
:( i saw that show too, it was retarted, Bad influence on paintball, not to mencion the were bad actors

Mango
11-10-2002, 09:24 AM
I got an error "undeliverable mail" when I tried to use that form. How convienent :rolleyes: They don't want to hear out comments the jerks.

magman007
11-10-2002, 12:08 PM
what is up with this? the past few days has been nothing but bad representation. Given thunderdome is a show of poor representation, and its targeted audience is the old audience of American Gladiators (better show IMHO) and people who like to see things go boom. THe show is created to draw the attention of some of the lesser minded. People who like to see things get shot up, and things done wrecklessly. You all know this, and i dont condone it. IM just tired of it thats all, it is infuriating me and im tired if this shtuff

petefol
11-10-2002, 12:28 PM
i saw the end of an episode last night and some guy went on a whale watching boat with a pb gun to try to shoot a whale.

EnderWigginPballin
11-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by petefol
i saw the end of an episode last night and some guy went on a whale watching boat with a pb gun to try to shoot a whale.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

was there a reason? and were the whale watchers planning on letting it happen?

petefol
11-10-2002, 08:09 PM
he didnt shoot any whales, i think they just thought he was joking or something. im not really sure tho cause i just saw the last minute of it and it was at 3 in the morning so i didnt really remember the details.