PDA

View Full Version : Wiping needs to stop.

Jack Napier
11-10-2002, 01:26 PM
I don't like how wiping has become a staple in tournament play. I think the NPPL and Pan AM should look into how they handle wiping. I've been playing rec ball for a long time now, but I can't advance into this sport when most of the players don't take the rules seriously. A three strike rule seems fair to me. Make wiping a bannable offence for repeat offenders. I don't think this will stop all wiping, but it will reduce it greatly and the only people I can see not supporting this is the wipers themselfs. What do all of you think about this?

magman007
11-10-2002, 02:03 PM
i agree, check the jeremy salm thread for some more of my views, aswell as others. Wiping is just as bad as being sniped from the woods.

Jack Napier
11-10-2002, 02:19 PM
I've read into that thread and actually replied to it. I would like to know what you guys think about the three strike rule. Is it fair? Who can we talk to about getting this in the rulebook for the 2003 season? I don't see myself playing next year if the rules stay the same, so I'd really apperciate it. We all shold step up and demand that things change, or else things never will.

yeahthatsme
11-10-2002, 03:27 PM
i say if they wipe they should get kicked out of the tournament and suspended from the next one. there should be no slack there either. if they get caught they get in trouble. a penalty isnt enough anymore and a 3-strike rule wont work either because they will just wipe 2 times and not the third. it should not be allowed period. heck i think a fine should go along with it.

11-10-2002, 05:13 PM
as said by tyger, they had this problem solved years ago, they had some paintballs that had indicator in them that would floress under a black light, that couldn't be wiped (even though the visible fill could be). your hits on you were maked before and after the game. if you had any hits besides the ones that were marked, and visibally on you, you were marked as a wiper, and i forget the peneality.

but the point is that the people that run the pro tournaments are not intrested in eliminating wiping.

Creative Mayhem
11-10-2002, 05:29 PM
A 3 strike rule would work in conjunction with fine and suspensions. The only problem is enforcement, there isn't any. Some teams are sponsored by the same companies that promote and provide the funding for the tournaments. So I ask, Are the going to worry about it? Maybe, but probably not. It's unfortunate that the rec players that want to advance to tounament level can't because they are afraid of not being able to compete and still be honest players.

C Mayhem

Skoad
11-10-2002, 05:49 PM
..|
..|
..|
.\ /
..V

Fred
11-10-2002, 07:04 PM
here is one possible solution...

make the teams all wear a standardized solid colored form fitting (as in not looking like drapes, but not going as far as spandex) uniform, that absorbs paint without losing the color of the paint, and everyone shoots the same bright pink filled paint.

Sure you'd have to get a clean uniform every game, but that wouldn't need to happen if you didn't get eliminated.

I wish players would remember that this is a game, and is supposed to be fun, rather than fixating on winning all the time.

---Fred

yeahthatsme
11-10-2002, 07:38 PM
yeah just have white jerseys and white pants( a manufacturer like dye or jt could make them) that is mandatory and then thick bright fill paint(evil anybody?)so that it would be so obvious that they got hit they couldnt wipe.

Knackers
11-10-2002, 08:24 PM
Anyone that gets caught should be tied on the other side of the chronie station at the end of the tournie. Then the whole of rest of the players unload their paint on him. 400+ bps:D that would sort em out!

darklord
11-10-2002, 08:34 PM
if there were more refs readily available, wiping wouldn't be a problem, and the aforementioned uniform changes wouldn't be necessary.

Trench
11-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Personally, you wipe your gone for a while... See, team Godsmack got caught wipping and they disbanned their own team (By themselves) for a good year...

And, I think a 1:1 Ref/Player ratio is good... Thats what the finals at AOSC had... worked out very well...

boomerfoxtrot
11-10-2002, 09:50 PM
well.. no way you try to come up with will work.. I mean.. unless we start washing bunkers between games, removing ALL paint from the field, and change into NEW jerseys every single game... I think... for serious games.. video replay should be looked at by the head ref before points are final... and a way to get a cam on every body...

that would be about the only way to do it and not have to do alot lot else...

I mean... someone gets it going to a bunker, slides.. (wipes the paint off) even though he knows he was hit... the hit is gone...

or *like I've seen before* players shoot the inside of the bunker before they move to it... that way they can "rub" paint off the bunker to cover a hit... and call for a paint wipe ... I've see it...

either way you look at it.. the only real WAY to solve anything is to lay the smack down on the ones who do it and get caught!!

you get caught wiping, your out for a year...
that's my thoughts...

EsPo
11-10-2002, 10:02 PM
if you get caught wiping at some of the fields i go to, you should just neva go back there again.. ever.

Crazy
11-10-2002, 11:14 PM
some of the tournys that i go to, wiping is a 3 for 1 penalty which i think is fair.

Jay
11-11-2002, 12:24 AM
Like Bommerfoxtrot said players now days have came up with so many tricks to get away with wiping it would be hard to ever stop it in the major tournment scene these days.