PDA

View Full Version : Barrels For A Mag

etnie002
11-10-2002, 03:27 PM
Im getting a mag soon. I know i want to get a CP one piece barrel because they're quality and affordable. I was wondering if i should go for 12" or 14" b/c i know a mag hides 2 in of the barrel or so ppl tell me. But i also want my gun to be nice and tight. Also what is up with no threads on mag barrels? how do u get them in and out? thanks a lot...

TecnoRobo
11-10-2002, 03:31 PM
i honestly like the 12 inch, but its all in your
personal preference. Have fun with your new mag :)
And welcome to AO, enjoy your stay

EsPo
11-10-2002, 03:35 PM
just because the 2 inches of the barrel is in the gun doesnt mean that it isnt effective. personally i would go with the 10 in. but thats just me, it all depends on your playing style, where you play, and if you play speed ball or woodsball. for a woodsball player i would go with a longer barrel, and a speedball player i would go with a shorter.

as for the "no threads" question, it is a twist and lock system, there is a groove on the end of the barrel that goes into the gun shaped like a T. you slide the barrel into the gun, and the groove catches a little pin, then you twist the barrel either left or right depending on if you have hopper right or hopper left, and the pin catches on a little hole.

Dern
11-10-2002, 03:56 PM
get a 12", you get the really good combination of both gas efficiency and quietness. and get a nickel plated so its nice and shiny :D

etnie002
11-10-2002, 04:22 PM
thanks a lot guys. i cant wait for my mag, just shipped yesterday, and im getting a green barrel b/c im putting all green fittings and everything i can find for it. ill have pics up sooon as i get it, thanks.

etnie002
11-11-2002, 02:42 PM
hmm gun has not arrived yet. anger soaring...

mike e
11-11-2002, 03:01 PM
i have done extensive research on barrels for various types of markers, and all my findings point to:

yes they are a good thing, as a matter of fact, i recomend barrels highly

etnie002
11-11-2002, 05:16 PM
lol yes a barrel is a good thing to have, i shot my tippy w/o a barrel lol and the ball did a complete backflip and hit my foot...

toymyster
11-11-2002, 06:48 PM
Get yourself an Equation barrel set!! I just got done with testing them yesterday!!! Choose whatever length, they all shoot darts!! Between the 7 3/4" I prefer, and the 13 1/2" I shot, the velocity diferrence was only about 8fps. Of course, 7 3/4" is a bit louder!!! And, it's one of the few barrels that fit all mags, H/L, H/R, and Centerfeed!!

Brian68mag
11-11-2002, 09:19 PM
I dont see a bizerk set for the mag, i do see the mag in the MS system but that way its more expensive.
What exactly did you get, im interested as it would work for both of my guns and ive wanted to get a system for awhile and now have enough money to do so. If i could keep the emag short and shorten up the 68 it would be great!
Thanks

digitard
11-12-2002, 11:02 AM
I have 3 barrels ...

1) Older All American barrel: Great quiet barrel, but since its heavily ported you lose some of the range/efficiancy ... but its a straight shooter and quiet.

2) 14" CP chrome barrel: Only used it for backyard firing .. but it was doing decent, I dont know about the on the field effects.

3) 14" DYE Boomstick: I love this barrel ... its slightly louder than the other 2 but its a VERY nominal amount and you still cant hear the thing from over 15ft away .... its got great accuracy and its durable ...but it is a lil bit heavy ..... but because I'm using a drop forward w/ PMI nitro it actually balances out nicely .. My fav barrel I've used.

Sincerely,
Dave K

toymyster
11-12-2002, 12:21 PM
They don't have the Bizerk system for Mags!! I do have the MS system!! To keep cost down, you can get the 2 peice setup, and only 1 or 2 inserts, and add more inserts and mid sections as you go!!! The short setup shoots better than any 14" I've tried, and the loss in velocity between the long and shor barrels were about 8fps, negligable!!!