PDA

View Full Version : what's wrong with my mag...

frontman2187
11-10-2002, 03:47 PM
When I go out to play speedball every weekend..I alwayas have the same problems with one of my Standard feed Mag. I shoot it consistantly for 7 to 8 balls then it doesnt shoot. I have to take off my barrel, squeegee it clean then look in the feed to see if anything is in the way. It's really annoyinh and I dont know what to do. Should I buy a lvl 10 or is it sumthing to do with the way I fire it. This always happens...I have to clean it out about 2 times each game...and under fire as well! please help..I'm not short stroking either...I pull the trigger back as far as it will go every time..help!
:confused:

DaosBeoulve
11-10-2002, 05:27 PM
Are you on CO2 or compressed air?

frontman2187
11-10-2002, 07:24 PM
compressed air...

DaosBeoulve
11-10-2002, 08:16 PM
Well, could be from a couple of things. It could very well be bolt stick, though it probably wouldn't fire 7-8 balls before that got stuck. But, check that out to make sure. Take your barrel off, and your bolt out, and make sure your bolt fits in your barrel. Also, if you're using the old wire nubbins, make sure those aren't catching on your bolt.

It could very well be a spacers problem as well. If you're planning on getting the lvlX, you don't need to pick up the spacers kit, but if you aren't planning on getting it anytime soon, it would probably be worth it to pick one up. (LX doesn't need the spacers)

Other than that, have you checked all your orings and such?

Another possibility is that there is something wrong with your tank. If you can, get another air system and try it on your marker.

Hope some of this helps ya

z-zero
11-11-2002, 10:06 AM
If your using a standard feed mag you could be haveing blow back issues. Are you using an agitating hopper of some sort?You'll need one if you want to sustain high rates of fire. Maybe you should buy lvl 10 or perhaps a power feed body, or both if you have the cash.

athomas
11-12-2002, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a bolt stick issue. Check the length of your bolt spring to see if it is worn out. When on the bolt it should extend past the tip by about 3/16".

Short stroking on the mag is done by not fully releasing the trigger before it is pulled again. That is, you are rapid firing and your finger always maintains pressure on the trigger not fully releasing it to allow the front of the valve to fully charge with air/CO2. This can cause two shots in rapid succession, the second before a ball has time to drop into the breach. This is where chops occur, especially in a standard feed mag. In the event that a ball does get in, quite often the front chamber isn't fully charged and a blooper is fired. Now, if you are having bolt stick issues, the fact that the bolt didn't fully go forward due to the lack of gas to propel it comes into play. Since the bolt didn't go fully forward against the spring, the return pressure of a weakened spring doesn't return the bolt all the way back. The bolt hangs up on the power tube o-ring and the sear doesn't reset itself. That is why your mag refuses to fire after a short rapid fire string of shots and why you have to clean it due to a chopped ball.

A good bolt spring may help your bolt stick issues, but you may need to work on your trigger finger to fix the short stroking issues. Just get a halo and a level 10 and you'll be fine. A halo will provide positive feed even for a standard feed mag. The level 10 will prevent any chops for the balls that the halo doesn't get in the barrel fast enough due to odd tilted situations that players get themselves into without thinking.