PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro doing runaway

Trunnion
11-10-2002, 07:12 PM
I bought a new RT Pro over the summer, at the end of July, and it worked great until a few weeks ago. Now I can't stop the gun from doing run away on me. I checked the bolt spring, the on/off pin, the sear, and tried to reduce the input pressure. The bolt spring is fine, the on/off pin APPEARS to be fine, as does the sear, and after varying the pressure to both a low extreme and higher than normal(just in case), I can't get it work properly. Is there anything I haven't tried or checked yet?

shartley
11-10-2002, 07:56 PM
RT PRo's don't just go "runaway" on their own (they were not designed to do that anyway).

When you say "runaway" are you talking about continuous reactive bounce?

What did you do to it to cause it to do that in the first place? Or did it just suddenly start doing it?

Are there any other signs we should know about?

The more information you provide, the easier it will be for folks to assist you.

Trunnion
11-11-2002, 09:48 AM
when i say runaway, i mean the whole tippmann-style, hold your finger in one place and it goes full auto thing. i didn't do anything, it actually started in the middle of a game. it was working fine and then one trigger pull it cycled several times in one pull. after the game i took it to the chrono area to see what was up, if maybe it was some sort of isolated incident, but it continued to do it if pressure was constantly applied to the trigger, and it would do it from time to time just tapping the trigger.

Tunaman
11-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Either the sear is worn, which would be my first guess, or someone has played with the on/off pin length. Check the sear closely for rounded edges.

Trunnion
11-11-2002, 11:26 AM
to my eye, the sear looks fine. i don't see any rounded edges, just a couple scrapes on the sides. the on/off pin shouldn't be any shorter than it was when it was working properly. i'm the only person who has taken the gun apart, and i hadn't touched the on/off pin until i started to have issues. how long should the pin be? should i buy a new sear and see if that fixes the problem?

Tunaman
11-11-2002, 11:48 AM
he pin should be .750. Check the bolt edge and sear closely

Butterfingers
11-11-2002, 12:30 PM
make sure the body is flush against the body rail and the FS screw is tight