PDA

View Full Version : barrel problems?

fiendkuja
11-10-2002, 09:02 PM
hey, on my mag i have two barrels. a j&j and a dye stainless. with the jj i just slide the barrel in lickety split real easy, but with the dye i have to work it just to get the barrel onto my gun. i was wondering what the problem is. i have a digital camera so if there is anything you need me to take a picture of i will

thx

Gotcha3
11-10-2002, 10:11 PM
Try loosening the screw inside of the trigger frame (the screw directly in front of your trigger)--if it is too tight it can actually stick too far up in the body--in which case the screw usually grinds into your barrel.
Hope this helps,
Aaron

Bulldog
11-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Yep, and some barrels just fit tight and other looser.

Rabidus
11-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Barrels are kinda like shoes, some will fit some will not. Shoe manufactures do not use the exact same machines (or sweatshops) to make their shoes. Although 2 shoes from 2 different manufactures can say size 12, one might be closer to 11 1/2 and the other might be over 12. Going back to your barrels, companies use different machines and therefor you will get minor differences in bore size because the drill bits will wear and after each barrel gets more dulled. Add all these variables in machining and voila, that's why not all barrels fit perfectly. Oh ya, temperature has a variable too, thermal expanion. I bet your barrel will fit better if you cooled it down and warmed up your gun. Also, I put a little layer of oil on my outside barrel that slides into my mag. that way, the stainless steel on steel wont scratch and take off the finish of each other! Hope I didnt confuse you!