PDA

View Full Version : Do you see this at a Young Gun tourney?!

drx975
11-10-2002, 10:11 PM
Alright well our 3 man team played at fireball mountain in NJ, and there was a young gun tourney, for everyone under 17. Let me just start by saying that there were people over 17. Ok that was annoying that they were already cheating, but that wasn't what really bothered me. What bothered me was that I found Amatuer B/A teams there, not to mention there was someone WHO WAS PRO! Tell me, is this not rediculous, it looks to me like someone just wants to win (how cheap).

Ok so - is this normal? Should I expect to see pro players at every tournament I play in, even young guns? Let me kno what you guys think.

-=Squid=-
11-10-2002, 10:14 PM
I would say yes if its at big tourneys, young guns or not. you wont find them so much in smaller ones tho, at least I never had. You should have brought it to the field owners attention.

Crazy
11-10-2002, 11:18 PM
I could see if they were over 17, but if their am b/a/pro, and still fit the "rules" of the 17 and under tourny, why not? its a young guns tourny, not a new people tourny.

RAM3139
11-11-2002, 12:32 AM
i've played in a beginner tournament where a team showed up with multiple industry sponsers(on there banner) and brought the trophies they had won in other tournaments. needless to say, they maxed almost all of their games and easily won the tourny. It was sad to see them going all out on teams of 12 year olds who had played only a few times in their life and just wanting to have fun. And by "going all out" i mean hardcore bunkering, yelling "ref, check that f@$%ers hopper", and bonus balling everyone. If i didn't suck, i would've given them the beating of their life......

TheBigRaguPB4L
11-11-2002, 01:02 AM
I've seen "NO pro's/amature" tourny's with pro/am people playing. Alot of times they won't play under their team name or might be playing with their friends team to help them out. Personnally i don't think it's a big deal. I'd rather have stiffer competition anyways. You only get better by playing teams better than you are.

Automaggin2
11-11-2002, 09:46 AM
typical fireball behavior

Thordic
11-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Fireball is the most competative field in NJ. It has decent prizes, but for some reason seems to draw the most stereotypical "tourny' players you'll ever see.

I'd be curious as to what "pro" players you saw. Someone from GZ maybe? They aren't many "pro" teams around here.

My advice is, if you want to be cut any slack, or see any courtesy, find another field to play at. If you want to get used to playing with "hardcore tourny players", stay at Fireball.

Personally, I think Fireball is mostly full of ********, but to each their own. I guess if you want to play high level tournaments (NPPL), you have to get used to that stuff somewhere.

FutureMagOwner
11-11-2002, 11:33 AM
we got that at they tourney last time i played in at my local field. stupid azorean crew wannabe pros goto local tournaments because they are awful everywhere else

FreshmanBob
11-11-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Fireball is the most competative field in NJ. It has decent prizes, but for some reason seems to draw the most stereotypical "tourny' players you'll ever see.

I'd be curious as to what "pro" players you saw. Someone from GZ maybe? They aren't many "pro" teams around here.

My advice is, if you want to be cut any slack, or see any courtesy, find another field to play at. If you want to get used to playing with "hardcore tourny players", stay at Fireball.

Personally, I think Fireball is mostly full of ********, but to each their own. I guess if you want to play high level tournaments (NPPL), you have to get used to that stuff somewhere.

That's definately true, I went there for my first time the sunday before the tourny and definately noticed that, it was hard to even play unless you were on a team. I went there last saturday during the young guns tourny (forgot about it, expect to play walk on) because I had some left over paint. It seemed well run but there were definately people there older than 17. I wanted to jump on a team but no body needed me. I thought it was 17 and under but it sounds like it was under 17?

I dunno, fireballs full of jerks but their fields better than ABC. Thordic, where do you play? I'm out of basking ridge, just south of morristown.

drx975
11-11-2002, 04:36 PM
Yeah I want tough competition, because in one game with a team called "As Cash Money"...well heres how the game went:

Ok off the break everyone gets to their bunkers on our team and theirs. My friend shot one of Cash's players, but it bounced (he saw it actually bounce). Anyway, I'm at our 40 looking at the 2 bunkers I could see...I yell for positions because we are a new team and need to get used to yelling positions out...and by the time I did that, both of my BACK players were hit. So i turn around and woop dee do there's one of Cash's players, so I shoot him twice and hes gone. Then I get into a snap shooting fight with one of the other players, and I swear the paintballs were JUST missing, by about 2 inches i would say (after the game, the guy had a piece of shell on his mask too, but it was so small they didnt count it). Anyway after about 30 secs Cash finally bunkers me - haha oh well. But I think I could have taken out that guy and had a good chance at their last man - against a team that maxed everyone else in our division.

But anyway it was fun playing against a skilled team like that. I think fireball's field (lego field) was ****ty, but the air field was good. We only played 2 air games.

BTW, the team with the pro player was Microburst, and supposedly he doesnt play for them anymore, but he basically came back temporarily in order to win the tournament for them.

Trench
11-11-2002, 04:58 PM
If it says that you have to be a rookie, then ok... Pro's shouldn't come... but if they were over 17, I would have kept their regestration money and kicked them off my field...

ronron2112
11-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Every tourney ive been in, our YOUTH team gets bumped up to ADULT division... it gets to be annoying because your already at a disadvantage but we do ok.

and yes i hate sandbagging! (over 17yrs old in youth)

hardr0ck68
11-11-2002, 09:51 PM
the scum who want to pretend to be big boys always come out when they smell fresh meat. at GRC paitball in belfast NY they get more experianced/hardcore teams for an rookie/beginer event than they do a open event. and every open event that they have FreeFlow cockers as prizes (donated by ProPaintball) Lockout sends a team to win them back for Eathen. Its a smart idea, free advertisement and Rob, there buddy who runs GRC gets a hell of lot of money from people tryin to win those cockers. one 3 man Eathen, Luke and the whole ProPaintball/lockout crew came and and feilded 2 teams even tho they will trist your ear for hours about there "freeflow cockers" everylast one of them shot angels. its life, and until feild owners can say no to moeny then it will be a part of toruny ball. one rookie/novice event so many hardcore teams showed up that Rob ran a seperate bracket for them but he let them play the nice dry indoor feild (where the tourny was advertised as being) while the true rookies/novice players played outside in the mud in a crappy lil "town" feild. The simple solutin is to move up, play hard and smart and learn....soon you will be able to school those wanna-bes when ever you play them. and remember team names, so you can bonus ball them all the way to the dead box...boy do i have a list of them :D :) :D call it therapy :D :) :D