PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Rod Issues

MrWallen
11-10-2002, 11:18 PM
Ok, here's the problem: Whenever I gas up my gun the trigger rod doesn't come far enough forward for the trigger to push it in all the way= no firing of the gun.

I'm running a 68 Autmag Classic, warp body, Lv X, 88ci 3000 Psi Crossfire Nitro, Kapp On/Off Adapter, and Intelliframe. I tried taking apart the On/Off valve in the gun, figuring that the On/Off pin wasn't pushing the sear enough (for some reason).

I haven't always had this problem, it just started happening after I took the body off to clean it (though I don't think this contributed to the problem).

It really sucks, because everytime I gas up my gun to see if I've fixed it the gas stays in the gun and I have to bleed it off with the KAPP adapter, which uses an Alan Wrench size that somewhat hard to find, so it's a big pain.

Any help would be appreciated.

smilestyler
11-11-2002, 12:50 AM
I'm not a pro trouble shooter, but have you checked the on off pin for damage or o ring problems? Is there any air leak?

MrWallen
11-11-2002, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I checked the on/off, looks fine to me, I'll take a better look at it in a sec, but there doesn't appear to be any problems.

And no leaking, so my gun stays pressurized unless I bleed it off through my tank on/off valve.

z-zero
11-11-2002, 10:14 AM
When your gun is gassed up there should be 1/16th of an inch gap between the trigger (forward most position) and the end of the trigger rod. 1/16th of an inch is roughly the width of a credit card. Hope this helps.

z-zero

MrWallen
11-11-2002, 01:52 PM
I know that, that's what the problem is, there is a HUGE gap between the rod and the trigger, making it impossible for the trigger to push the rod in all the way, so the sear doesn't get released so the gun doesn't work, so I have to bleed off the extra air.

All I can think of as the problem is that the On/Off oin isn't pushing all the way down on the sear, for what reason I have no idea, that's why I'm asking people here.;)

z-zero
11-11-2002, 02:39 PM
Cool OK, so you can't adjust the trigger rod out any further? Maybe it got turned when you disassembled it. I don't know just trying to help...........

Check to make the sear pin is seated fully in the rail, or maybe the frame screw is'nt tight enough, or perhaps the main valve strip screw is not all the way in. Just throwing out the simple stuff......

z-zero

MrWallen
11-11-2002, 04:23 PM
Nope, none of that stuff, I even tried adjusting the length of the rod, but you can't, it's preset, you're not supposed to be able to adjust it. And yes, everything is screwed in and set right. I've taken it apart many times now, trying to fix different things, but nothing is working.

Please, anyone else have any other advice?

RRfireblade
11-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Um,
Couple of quickies,The on/off has a specific order of assembly,if you weren't aware.There are a few tiny o'rings in that assem also that have to be sitting correctly for the pin to move freely.
Only other thing I can think of is if the bolt is'nt returned fully to allow the sear to catch,maybe debris or the bumper or the P/T tip unscrewed slightly.
Lastly,make sure the on/off pin didn't get bent under disassembly.(does happen sometimes)

Just some guesses,

Jay.

rikkter
11-12-2002, 10:22 AM
you can adjust the trigger rod length, it just not might be easy. it has threads on it so.

z-zero
11-12-2002, 10:24 AM
Just another shot in the dark:

Is the on/off pin in correctly? With the notched end pointing down when fully assembled? Just throwing out stuff.

z-zero

athomas
11-12-2002, 12:31 PM
Check that the sear is fully seated in the rail.

MrWallen
11-12-2002, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I have it put in the right order (there's a picture on the valve for peet's sake, I don't think I could mess that up!)

The pin is in the right way, it's not bent. I'm thinking the problem is in the sear, thanks for the suggestions. And yes, it is seated all the way.

Havoc_online
11-12-2002, 08:04 PM
did you change anything on the body or rail? (paint?)

is the rail bushing on?

did you change gripframes? (grip screws that are too long stop the trigger rod from moving freely)

Is the field strip screw on good?

are you getting enough pressure to the marker and is your velocity high enough(you may have backed it out while cleaning it)?

if your sure all is assembled properly, then check to see that the on/off pin is .750" (+/-.003) and that your trigger rod length is 1.98".

speedfreak233
11-16-2002, 12:01 AM
the sear is adjustable, just screw it out further.

grumpyoldman
11-16-2002, 05:23 PM
This may be a stupid suggestion but is your bolt sticking out alittle too far so the sear isn't hooking it? AGD condition equal to bolt stick. This would cause the on/off to stay off and the rod not to go forward. I'm new at this auto mag stuff but sometimes.....

Good luck, Grumps:cool:

edit: oh ya, another thing I've noticed is ther is a little slop on where I can put my trigger frame assembly. I can slide it back and forth a little before the bolts are tight. I use this to "fine tune" my trigger to rod gap. This is on a micro with benchy frames.

chrislax00
11-19-2002, 03:18 PM
How do you make the rod longer? I tried to twist it but it seems to be stuck.

RRfireblade
11-19-2002, 04:25 PM
FYI-

Do not adjust the trigger rod!

It's preset and locked at the factory.It is not meant to be user adjustable.Adjusting it has no effect on performance.Making it OUT of factory adjustment will only cause tolerance problems.Unless you changes frames or bolts there's no reason to adjust it and usually not even then.

Jay.

rikkter
11-19-2002, 05:32 PM
*sigh*
AGD says them selfs to adjust it to proper length that works with your trigger, saying approx 1/16 away from the trigger in its resting poistion.
i'm sorry but if they wanted it to be like " DO NOT ADJUST IT, IT WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS!! "
then why is it adjustable?

i'm not trying to flame so

MrWallen
11-19-2002, 11:02 PM
Yeah, even though the rod length is adjustable, mine wasn't changed (cause it looks like you'd need pliers to even get it to go in or unscrew, it's too tight to adjust by hand).

As far as fram changes go, I have an intelli-frame, so there shouldn't be any issues there. The weird thing is that the problem came out of no where, the marker was working fine, it's not like I changed anything to make this happen. Just tried to gas it up and it wouldn't work.:confused: