PDA

View Full Version : whats with CD volume differences?

FreshmanBob
11-11-2002, 02:28 PM
any of you ever notice that different CDs will play at different volume levels? Anyone know why this is? The way I understand CDs is the laser reads a digital binary code off the pits of the CD for the structures of the sound waves, how could any of that change the CDs volume?

Creative Mayhem
11-11-2002, 02:34 PM
as I understand it, the recording volume is transfered to the master then to the subsequent consumer's discs. The laser just pics up what is there, if it was recorded loud, that shows up on playback and the same if recorded quiet. I am I right? Don't know but it sounds logical enough.:D

C Mayhem

FreshmanBob
11-11-2002, 03:03 PM
well whatever it is, its damn annoying!

xmetal2001
11-11-2002, 08:42 PM
I would think its just because when some CD's are made the music is recorded louder.

I think thats what creative said, but he used big words like "subsequent" "consumer" and "disc"

Creative Mayhem
11-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by xmetal2001
I would think its just because when some CD's are made the music is recorded louder.

I think thats what creative said, but he used big words like "subsequent" "consumer" and "disc"

LOL I don't know what came over me that day. I think I was possessed... I mean taken over by an english teacher hen I wrote that. :)

CM

shartley
11-12-2002, 07:26 PM
.....and of course that is why when you create your own CD you should tell your recording software to make them all the same volume. ;):D

FreshmanBob
11-12-2002, 08:02 PM
i have pre-standard quality cd making programs..

cheap dad..:rolleyes: