PDA

View Full Version : School Project, video help.

temps
11-11-2002, 06:25 PM
I need to get a video I have (VHS) on to my computer, what do I need to do it? can I (Do I have to) use the tv thingys that come with the geforce 4? Or is there a thing that would be on most computers that I can use?

Get me an answer asap!

11-11-2002, 06:41 PM
you need some sort of video capture device....

the pinnicle(sp?) studios dc10 is nice.

Skoad
11-11-2002, 06:45 PM
if you don't already have what you need its gonna be costly to get a decent picture. video capture cards are what your looking for, im not sure how good of a job the cheap ones do.

maybe you could find a place that will turn ur vhs into a cd, i have no idea

Paintballer86
11-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Welp, first you prolly need a firewire port, and than you need a product that can take a firewire port to and RCA cable. That little product will run you about $80. and than, you need some video editing software, I woud suggest Edit 3.0, since you are a residential resident, not a buisness will run you a cool $3000.00 And no, there isnt an extra zero...or two. And than you need to take time for the learning curve to set in, i.e. learn to use the software bout a week or so, (hopefully this project isnt due next tomorrow) and than you will be all set. Pretty much, there is no way cheaply to do this. I produce 3 TV shows and edit them all (which btw all get Cable air time), it is definetley a task if you dont Have the equipment.

xmetal2001
11-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Depends on what kind of Geforce 4 you've got. Alot of the new ones can take video in.

Friendly Corner material here.

TRIAD
11-11-2002, 10:35 PM
Get that stupid link with no description out of your sig temps. If you want to leave it in there, some mods may have a problem, I for one don't.

Tron
11-11-2002, 11:46 PM
If your GeForce4 has TiVo and came with a two headed adapter then you are good to do. Just hook up the VCR either to the S-Video port on the cable or to the RCA jack on the cable. Then open up Windows Movie Maker click import and make sure it all works. You can also change it from email sized encoding up to almost DVD quality. It isn't hard and you already have everything you need built in.

-Tron

digitard
11-12-2002, 12:23 PM
They're all right ... You need a video capture card or one w/ it built in.

1) WinTV cards by Hauppage: Its more of a TV TUNER, but it does have AUX in so you can plug the RCA jacks from your vcr into them and use a capture program to capture it. A lil more complicated than just a standard capture card ... but hey, now you get cable on your Computer too if ya want ..lol

2) Pinnacle capture cards: About 100 bucks, and should be able to do the same thing but less complicated.....

3) Have it done for you....

Sincerely,
Dave K

Tron
11-12-2002, 02:42 PM
He said he had a GF4 I suggest he checks that out before he does anything else. And if really needed one I would just get him the new 9700 All In Wonder.

-Tron