PDA

View Full Version : Empire Barrel Kit

big E kingpin
11-11-2002, 08:12 PM
anyone have any info on this? i saw this kit at my local store and almost bought it instantly, but i tought i better look into it first, its like 220 bucks.

toymyster
11-11-2002, 08:43 PM
I've never heard of them, but if you are in the market for a barrel kit, go with Equation, trust me!!!

yeahthatsme
11-11-2002, 09:55 PM
but the equation doesnt make mag barrels.

FeuerFri
11-12-2002, 12:57 AM
it looks like a sweet deal, i think 4 backs and fonts so you can pick and choose your length and bore. seems kind of ingenious of an idea.

Mossman
11-12-2002, 01:26 AM
YES! ITS GROUNDBREAKING AND HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!

hehe, anyhow, i believe it is 5 backs and 5 tips. Seems like a good deal, but you can get a freak for that much...and with a freak it only takes 50 dollars to adapt the whole kit to a different type of marker. buying 5 new backs for the empire will be a little more than that :)

ALso, we have no idea about tolerances, customer service, build quality, etc

P4ULuk
11-12-2002, 05:55 AM
The kit looks very good, its nicely honed inside and the parts seem to match up well, the kits biggest bore size is only .690 though (if I remember correctly) I've yet to test it though as I've not got an Angl handy. Should be testing this weekend all being well.

Paul.

athomas
11-12-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
but the equation doesnt make mag barrels.

I have an equation mag barrel. It works well.

I have blue automag back with 6 stainless inserts, a 6" extension, a 10" extension, and two different tips. I also have 3 original (pre insert) automag backs of 3 different sizes and a cocker insert back. Plus I have a cocker bizerk 8" insert barrel as well.

I can make a 6", a 12", or a 16" barrel. I can use the system on all three of my mags (at the same time because of the different backs and barrel combinations). My 3 mags are an emag, retromag, micromag.

So. Yes, Equation makes automag barrels.

Marek
11-12-2002, 02:08 PM
How is the Equation barrel better? Compared in price or the way it is honed?

Just curious, cuz I want to get a barrel set for my setup and just saw the empire barrel kit. Looks really nice, and Im curious as well on how it performs.

Like the way this barrel looks as well, looks better than the freak and cp kits imo. If the barrel is just as good as a Dye, sign me up.