PDA

View Full Version : aaaaggghhh!! Can't decide, Blazer or Xtreme Emag?!?

paint magnet
11-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Well, I love both, and I am not open to ANY other suggestions unless I can call up the manufacturer and talk to him. (the reason for this being that every marker made by a company that I have not been able to personally talk with the owner/founder has just plain sucked. Yes, that means I'm saying Smart Parts, Tippmann, 32 degrees, and just about everyone else sucks. IMHO the only companies that make products that work and do a great job of it are AGD, PPS, and CCI.) I have shot both (well I shot the Typhocker which is pretty close to the Blazer) and the only thing keeping me from the Xtreme is the price and the availability. Money is kind of a factor, and the Blazer runs Co2 and can be perfectly set up for me for under a thousand. What do you think I should do? I will probably own both eventually, so which one should I get first? I love my Phantom if it makes any difference. Thanks for the help and sorry for the sloppy typing, I'm tired and in a hurry:)

RetroEclipseMan
11-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Well,if it were me I would save up for the X-Mag and tough out the wait if you got another gun to continue playing with. I'm pretty certain it would be worth it.I know if i didn't have to pay for school right now I would have a nice silver to blue fade on preorder. On the other hand if money is an issue the Blazer is a nice gun and you could use the extra money you would save to play.

personman
11-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Either
A. Get a blazer and do some nice stuff to it
B. Get an eXtreme e-mag
C. Get a nasty typhoon!!! (pimp it out with dual warps and halos and crap like that :D

Spaceman613
11-11-2002, 10:00 PM
centerfeed blazer, 2x 45 frame. nice anno, maybe a couple LAPCO barrels to fit the gun. mmmmmm, thats a tasty item.

both would be great, but the blazer is a good price for a great gun, AND you can get them NOW.

demonguy8
11-11-2002, 10:05 PM
get a tempest...;)

Trench
11-11-2002, 10:07 PM
Get the E-mag/x-mag... which ever one you can...

RamboPreacher
11-12-2002, 09:05 AM
well, since this is the AO, you are going to get a bunch of "get the mag" responces. (though not as many as I had thought when I opened this thread) And obviously, I woudl say get the blazer, but really...

you should get the marker that you are most comfortable using, because then your EAER will be at it's peak. This is assuming it is your primary marker.

My blazer will probably never be replaced as primary, but I have others that I also use, including the BlackTunaMag, a couple "nasty"-type palmer markers (the triple barrel RP-grinder is still being built for me), a couple cockers, and am even working on a deal to get an xmag. It's all about fun. (besides, I like to acquire markers and use them, and evaluate them for myself and then give them away or sell them - but that's just me)

paint magnet
11-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Actually, my Phantom is the gun I'm most comfortable with. I love it but sometimes , especially since I play speedball it's nice to have a ROF to keep people behind their bunkers.

I play front, but Muzik's Typhocker (which considsted of nickel plated pneumatics, stab reg, unmilled 95 cocker body and block, aka bolt, pps brass barrel and warp, halo and flatline) wasn't too heavy for me. It was like it shot heat seeking balls.

I would be satisfied with either one. The Emag trigger is, in a word, amazing. The only thing stopping me from getting it is the price. These are the setups I'm considering, and it would take me a good year to save up for the Blazer, maybe a year and a half for the Emag Xtreme. Until then I'll be playing with my Phantom, saving money, honing my skills and picking up cans on the side of the road for money:D

These are the setups I'm looking at: Xtreme Emag, 2 color fade, PPS brass barrel w/ nickel plating, matched to gun and ported, warp feed, HALO B, shocktech drop and Nitro duck 45/3000 preset

or Blazer, vert. Male stab, bottomline kit, barrel package with 8 in and 12, spiral ported, both barrels matched to gun, both barrels nickel plated, derlin blazer bolt, 2x .45 frame, Dye stickies, center feed or left feed, warp feed, HALO B, Nitro duck 47/3k, maybe some nickel plated stuff for looks

That's about $1800 for the Emag and ~$1000 for the Blazer. I figure I can get about 450 for selling my cocker and p68, hopefully more but it's not a very good market for rf cockers right now. I'm leaning toward the Blazer, but for the sole reason of cost. What should I do? Thanks for the help.

personman
11-12-2002, 07:32 PM
I dont know if this would work or not, but you could beg and beg Glenn Palmer to make you a Typhocker out of your cocker :D

paint magnet
11-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Yeah, but that's 1500 bucks! For that I could have a nice (regular) emag. That would be sweet though :)

personman
11-12-2002, 07:38 PM
Jeez, 1500 for a regular e-mag???
Sounds like a rip to me :D
I still say nasty typhoon :p

MagKoko
11-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Hahaha, im also down to the choice of either an Xmag or a Blazer... i want both SOoooooooooo bad. So get both :D. Nasties are illegal for tournies :P. BUT you could get one helluva nice convert typhoon... yum. Sell your phantom, get a typhoon like RP once setup. That pumpkit+convert feed typhoon, get a spring feed and df, and you'll be ok on CO2. BTW, i wouldn't bother with the 47/3k, just go with CO2 on the blazer. More shots, works fine, cheaper too, even if you get a/s (55 from PPS). Anyway, get both :D!

SHAG
11-12-2002, 09:54 PM
Hi,

Ok Here is a point of view.

If you are looking to play tourney ball locally or nationally, look into getting an AGD product or a cocker-based product.

E mags are amazing. The trigger is amazing. You can set it up to your personal preferences. For Example my trigger is 3 magnets. CPS is set to 13. I generally run H mode. I can make it rain paint in a hurry. Plus the fact AGD is a company that constantly brings new and improved products to the marketplace on a month by month basis. Some companies in paintball take years to do the same thing. :) Right now, AGD is working on releasing Xtreme mags. Basically the same thing except it's all aluminum instead of the traditional stainless steel components. The main draw back with the E mags is the need for compressed air. There is no Co2 option.

Cockers on the other hand as too amazing guns. They have basically been there since the start. You can basically get any part for a cocker. There are number of companies who make the parts and build the gun. To name a few AKA, WGP's "tricked" model, PPS (who also makes the Blazer), Shocktech (they also make SFL E mags), Eclipse, Bullseye, Splat Attack, Pro Team, and several others. Another good thing about the cocker is the fact you can set up a nice LP gun and run Co2. A good friend of mine has a cocker that will shoot 2200± rounds per 20 oz fill. That's pretty good. His whole rig cost about 800 bucks too!

If you go the big game/rec ball route, you can go palmer's. You will see out a nasty on the field. There are also a few Blazers. They make pretty good rec ball guns. You do see one or two or even a team pop up from time to time in tourneys.

Well take some time and research everything on the net. Spending a grand is easy but spending it on the wrong option, is easier. :) Think about it. You will probably not be able to recoup that money if it is the wrong option.

Later,
Alan

RamboPreacher
11-12-2002, 11:12 PM
i disagree with shag on the PPS guns not being only good for big games/rec games, but that's not the first time we have disagreed on anything - hehehehe I still say it has more to do with comfort. I have had many JAE's and just couldn't get comfortable with them. at least not as comfortable as with my Blazer. Don't stone me, but I am even working to get a xmag (have a line on one, just gotta work out the details) - the hybrid trigger has me intrigued.

misfit
11-12-2002, 11:59 PM
you are my hero
http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/graphics/991027Grinder/RPGrinder5.jpg

Rogs
11-13-2002, 12:00 AM
I have owned both & they are both top quality guns. I currently have my custom Blazer 4 sale on the marker forum. Great gun at a fraction of the cost. Good Luck

misfit
11-13-2002, 12:00 AM
oh yea
palmer rules

misfit
11-13-2002, 12:05 AM

dnm5d
11-13-2002, 12:14 AM
*drool*

RamboPreacher
11-13-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by dnm5d
*drool* I like the Over Under style better:
http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/020420-rp/DSCN0798.JPG
- but one thing to consider if thinking of a "nasty" is that some fields don't even allow them! obviously for rec games only, and you will need to check your local fields before buying a marker like that.

paint magnet
11-14-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm not selling my Phantom. It has been way too good to me for me to do that to it. I think I'm getting a Blazer as soon as I can afford it, but I plan to eventually own an Xtreme too:D I don't think I'd want a nasty, even though it would be fun for a whiled I can't see it as being practical. I play rec but I'll occasionally enter a couple rookie tournaments if I have the chance, but I don't care as long as I'm playing :) I think I'd be comfortable with a Blazer. Unless you think that the only reason I liked the Typhocker was the field and the atmostphere and not the marker itself. I guess that could have made it more enjoyable but I don't think that's it.

Also, I'm not getting another cocker. I'd get a Blazer before I did. The only reason I'm getting a Blazer instead of a regular 'phoon is because it's cheaper, has a removable barrel andyou can get a .45 frame on it. Now, anyone want to buy a cocker? I'll part out:)

FatMan
11-14-2002, 12:03 PM
Hey man, reconsider the Typhoon. Yes it costs a little more, but there's nothing left to do to it. The fixed barrel is not an issue because it is the best barrel made for that gun.

I had a BBT Typhoon with a removable barrel - had Glenn make me a Typhoon barrel and that was all I used.

BTW, If you are getting a Palmer, consider a used one. For $75 Glenn will make it like new. I bought my BBT Phoon for $275, $75 for a rebuild and it was sweet. They go for a decent price on the aftermarket ...

I have played with the Blazer and its a good gun, but the Typhoon is the thing ...

FatMan

paint magnet
11-14-2002, 05:44 PM
I thought the blazer was lighter and faster than the phoon? Oh no, should have never looked at Emag pics again... now I want one sooooo bad :confused: :(

paint magnet
11-14-2002, 06:01 PM
Couldn't find the blazer f/s. Post the link and I'll check it out.

Danz
11-14-2002, 07:12 PM
Hey Dude,

I too have a great love for my Phantom. It has never failed me on the field and I could not dream of parting with her.

I played the three man at AO Day at Paintball Arena. Never once did I feel my Blazer was not keeping time with the electros. Dont get me wrong, I am at this moment on the long waiting list for the Xtreme/X-mag, but with money being a concern, the Blazer will serve you well.

Danz

MagKoko
11-14-2002, 07:56 PM
from reading a lot of forums, alot of people who stick with their guns for long periods of time are Mag owners, or Blazer AND Phantom owners. I think its cool :D

Im suprised, there are a lot of PPS supporters here, w00t w00t! (besides shag and RP, we all know their stance :rolleyes: :p )

AssassN
11-14-2002, 09:37 PM
i say blazer.

Personally im burned out with the x-mags. They were fun for a while but i could care less now. I say get a nice blazer.