PDA

View Full Version : Best barrel?

Canadian GP
11-11-2002, 10:23 PM
I'm thinking of buying a minimag and was wondering what is considered to be the best barrel of a Mag?

Thanks.

Bulldog
11-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Welcome to AO! :) Depends on the kind of paint you shoot.

Kevmaster
11-11-2002, 10:57 PM
canadian, welcome to AO!

theres a nifty little button located near the top of the page: http://www.automags.org/forums/images/top_search.gif . itll tell you the answer to most all your questions in the future.

however, most people here have differing opinions. I personally like Lapco barrels, however others are all about Dye, SP, JJ and CP, among others. look around and youll find a lot of threads on this

digitard
11-12-2002, 11:40 AM
I have 3 barrels ... and it really depends on what you want.

If you want just quiet then possibly a Lapco or All American ... I have an All American for being quiet and the extensive porting makes it very smooth ... but you loose efficiancy due to it, nothing major but when your playing fast you can notice.

If you want quality, I suggest a DYE BOOMSTICK ... This is the barrel I use most now (14") .. I picked one up last weekend and used it for 8+hrs on Sunday and its a GREAT barrel ... a lil' heavy compared to most, but negligable and its pretty quiet and very straight.

But its all a matter of opinion ... you can go to www.paintballreviews.com and read up on barrels.

Sincerely,
Dave K