PDA

View Full Version : Recommend an adjustable tank for my Micromag RT!

dcmander
11-12-2002, 12:18 AM
Hello.

I am currently using a 68/45 PMI preset. It is preset at 800psi and my ReTro runs well. I do have some extra cash to spend and I am looking into getting an adjustable tank so I can tune the reactivness of my RT trigger. I have NO idea what tank I should get. It needs to be adjustable (up to 800-1200psi range) and it needs to be available in 68/45 (most high end tanks are.)

Price DOES play a factor in my decision. I would like to keep it under 400$ ... I would also prefer getting the tank new, but if it costs more than 400$ I will most likely look in the classifieds.

I would buy a 68/45 MacDev Conquest instantly.. I had one with my Sonic Bushmaster and I love conquests... Except I believe they are more for low pressure guns and wouldn't be the best choice for a mag. I don't even think they can go up to the 800-1200psi range. If anyone has more info please post about it!

There is also Air America. I read another thread on Air America vs. Flatline and some other things... But it really didn't help me all that much..had some great info though. I want a LIGHT tank. It has to be light, as I am trying to achieve a very light setup with my micromag and 12v rev :P . Armageddons are fairly heavy aren't they? Or are the new ones lighter... How heavy are they compared to Conquests?

MaxFlos are out of the question! PLEASE don't try to convince me otherwise. I just have seen too many go down and I do not like the large size reg and just how it looks. I do not want one.. so please don't suggest it or try to persuade me to get one.

Centerflags look like a good choice. They are fairly cheap. Which ones would you all recommend? Are Hyperflows adjustable and will they perform well?

Also I'm looking into Dynaflows.. These are a little more expensive I think; do they perform like the Conquest, MaxFlo, Geddon, and AIR?

I really an quite lost..so please just suggest something and give me some info on it and I'll post here and ask questions!

Thanks in advance to tolerating and looking at this thread, because I can imagine how many of these threads come up every week/month.

Be nice, shartley! :)

Angry Man
11-12-2002, 01:08 AM
The conquest maxes out at 600psi, I think.

joeyjoe367
11-12-2002, 01:10 AM
I like my 68/3k flatline a lot. Maybe you want to try out the 4.5k flatlines.

dcmander
11-12-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
I like my 68/3k flatline a lot. Maybe you want to try out the 4.5k flatlines.

Doh! Left that part out!

I am looking into flatlines as well. Although I haven't come up with the best mounting system for it. I have a TW QuickDisconnect; would the flatline slide on to that or would I have to buy that extra dovetail rail that is on the AO store?

What are some good short drop and/or 'attach right to gripframe (TW QD, in my case..heh)' configurations for the Flatline?

Also what is the cheapest you guys have seen the 68/45 flatline? New? Used?

They are 480$ on the AO store which I think is ridiculous..But I think I have seen them for less other places..Like under 400$.

Thanks guys! Please if anyone has knowlege on the hyperflow/dynaflow series, please share some info about consistancy and what not.

Edit: I've looked through the automag picture thread...But does anyone have some really good pics of the Flatline mounted to a mag? I really don't like the way the E-Kitty is set up with the Shocktech drop. I would also like a shorter drop then the shocktech. Like the little mini KAPP drops, etc. I'm thinking I would like to attach it right to my TW QD and that that config would shoulder well and feel good, but how would I go about attaching it to the TW QD? Would I need that accessory sold on the AO store or would it work out of the box with it?

Thanks in advance.

dcmander
11-12-2002, 02:10 AM
I'm real interested in the dynaflow. However I don't know much about it :(

Made by centerflag... Can someone explain the series centerflag has? They are kinda confusing for me... They have the Hyperflow 201 or something and all that..And where does teh dynaflow come in and whats the difference between it and a hyperflow? ... Any experts willing to explain?

The dynaflow looks very appealing to me. Very compact, just like my old conquest. What is the highest pressure it can reach? The On/off is unique with the push of a button..How does this work and where is it located?

I have been looking at some info but all i can find are "features" (or gimmicks...we'll see..) and not specifications. Please let me know if you have some info on it.

Thanks.

datapimp69
11-12-2002, 11:33 AM
well heres my flatline on my mag

its the stock flatline drop

http://store.ic.net/wlk/xmag1.jpg

booyah
11-12-2002, 01:26 PM
I have always loved my AA raptor

I just upgraded to a raptor rex (4500) on a 5 year carlton tank. works great

i run 750 into my mag at outstanding consistancy and i can use many of the same parts in the Raptor reg as my mag takes...

only issue is it doesnt have an on/off, but a slidecheck/quick disconnect or proconect is cheap and effective.

that and the tanks are cheap

-Booyah

boomerfoxtrot
11-12-2002, 01:37 PM
the only thing about moving into Adj tanks...

you ADD weight...

I want a preset now.. I'm tried of the extra weight...

bofh
11-12-2002, 02:13 PM
if you had smaller tank than that 114ci I bought from you, it would wiegh a lot less :)

yeahthatsme
11-12-2002, 05:04 PM
i would suggest a max-flo or flatline. i beleive that www.paintballgear.com has max-flo's on sail for around 369 which will give you enough left over to get a drop and some fittings probably.

yeahthatsme
11-12-2002, 05:12 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/031-5000.html i was a bit off but o well.

yeahthatsme
11-12-2002, 05:14 PM
woops, sorry, didnt see the whole no max-flo's.

TecnoRobo
11-12-2002, 05:19 PM
Well if your looking for a cheaper adjustable tank
you could get the nitro duck tuff skin
with x-stream reg..

its an adjustable screw in..
it works great with my gun and price runs around 250-300

dcmander
11-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
woops, sorry, didnt see the whole no max-flo's.
lol NP.

Originally posted by TecnoRobo
Well if your looking for a cheaper adjustable tank
you could get the nitro duck tuff skin
with x-stream reg..

its an adjustable screw in..
it works great with my gun and price runs around 250-300
The tuff skin looks nice except you can only have it on one of two drops nitroduck makes..and they are big and ugly.. I will most likely just put my tank on my TW QD with no drop.

I am really interested in the Dynaflow and Centerflag ADJUSTABLE series tanks. Anyone want to share some experiences or ANY knowledge on centerflag and/or the dynaflow?

I read on reviews it says that when you turn the dynaflow it makes a very loud pop sound that scares everyone at the field ;) Has this been fixed by ceinterflag since?

dcmander
11-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Man i really wish the dynaflow a) didnt make the loud pop when turning it off..not that big of deal b) displayed the psi in the tank with teh tank turned off and disconnected from the gun (THIS IS BIG!! I really need this.. :( ) and c) i've heard of the reg itself being scratched and bended because its alluminum and some drops put too much pressure on it

man i wish they made a conquest that was higher pressure... conquest is my favorite tank... consistancy, reliability, compactness, good looking, good on/off... and its not reccommended on only one gun and its the one i own..darnit

any other recommendations? i know im narrowing it down a long way... but i want something highend, but not:

- A.I.R.
- Maxflo
- preset
- has to go up to 1000psi
- be able to attach directly to my NW QD (dovetail mount)
- compact
- light
- consistent
- reliable

:( :( I want a dynaflow..but i dont think i could live with myself if i bought one for that much and wasn't TOTALLY satisfied..they sound great just i really would like to be able to view how much psi is i the tank when the tank is turned off

and that pop thing will get annoying

Any advice?

Mr. T!
11-12-2002, 11:54 PM
The pop is not that bad, it is kinda funny because it scares people. It can be kind of annoying that it has to be on to see what the tank psi is, but since it will be staying on your gun, it shouldn't be a prob to check. Also, it's on/off bleeds all of the air out of your gun, so it is kinda like a proconncet built into your tank. They are really good regs and have alot of really cool features.

dcmander
11-13-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Mr. T!
Also, it's on/off bleeds all of the air out of your gun, so it is kinda like a proconncet built into your tank. They are really good regs and have alot of really cool features.
What do you mean by this? How does it act as a proconnect? I couldn't still check the pressure while the tank was off....

NOTE: I know absolutly nothing about proconnects and sliding checks, etc. If you could explain what they do and how, that would be awesome and I would understand what you are saying better!

The pop is not that bad, it is kinda funny because it scares people.
I don't want it to scare people! :P

It can be kind of annoying that it has to be on to see what the tank psi is, but since it will be staying on your gun, it shouldn't be a prob to check.
I will put it on my NW QD, so I will just pull out the plug and slide off the rail and put the tank in my bag and then the gun..My tank wont stay on the gun. Its not hard to slide it back on, just the annoying this is re-plugging the macroline just to check the pressure.

I think what i need is a proconnect/slidecheck..but I need to know what they are, what they do, what they look like, if you can run them with macroline, how much they are, and where I can get them! (Would my proshop have them?)

:) Thanks! Dynaflow is looking good! Do they only come in black? How easily could they be annodized to match my gun? (If i removed the bottle, etc. Would i have to remove the guages and how could i do this?)

MrMag
11-13-2002, 01:11 AM
i would say go for the appocalypse 2k. the dynaflows supposedly have a bad consistency problem when they get below 1000. the appoc is nice.

this link is to a place where you can get a 68ci/4500psi flatline for $319.99. the pic is of a 3000psi, but the tank you will get is 4500

http://store.yahoo.com/paintballwarehouse/14-5-nagfl68.html

dcmander
11-13-2002, 06:57 PM
I think im gonna go for the dynaflow. Anyone actually know about the rumored inconsistancy of the dynaflow when it gets 1000psi? i've hard this also.

also can someone explain to me what a proconnect and slide connect is and what they do and how they work!!

demonguy8
11-13-2002, 07:12 PM
im gonna recommend the flatline for the retro..

on a side note i have a flatline with drop and tank cover that im putting up for sale... (yes im inserting a shameless advertisement ;) )

well anywayz.. Ill post pics of it after this weekend (im sure SOMONE at MICT will have a digi-cam that i can mooch a few pics off of ;) ) anyways i was gonna set the price at $210 shipped

now after all that if you were set on buying a brand new tank then well im probly still gonna reccomend the flatline (the on/off is the best ive ever seen)

dcmander
11-13-2002, 07:24 PM
I'm defiantly interested in used... but only 4500psi. And something tells me yours isn't a 4500psi!! ;) :)

If it was I would paypal you money this second :P

Raptor3359
11-13-2002, 07:54 PM
has anybody tried this reg?
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/031-4311.html

buy a preset centerflag tank then buy the reg, get the new reg installed and it will be pretty cheap

dnm5d
11-14-2002, 02:11 AM
Is an adjustable tank really worth the 300-400 bucks? I've used a preset on both an RT and an E-mag, and get great trigger bounce. Might want to look into other upgrades in my opinion.

dcmander
11-14-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by dnm5d
Is an adjustable tank really worth the 300-400 bucks? I've used a preset on both an RT and an E-mag, and get great trigger bounce. Might want to look into other upgrades in my opinion.

I have all the other upgrades.

ReTro valve, intelliframe, level 10, new anno job, micromag vert feed.. don't want a warp feed. And i got a good deal on a preset so getting an adjustable used would only be maybe 100$. There is a dynaflow on eBay now that has 1 year hydro left, good condition, going for 200$. I'll probably pick that up and actually gain money with my tank purchases! (If i were to sell my tank that i end up keeping, i would have made money..but im keeping it! :D )

Should i go for this dynaflow? i have yet to email the seller to confirm things and ask questions..but it looks like a good deal for me. I should check to see if my proshop will rehydro my tank and for how much..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1582258366&rd=1

Is that a good deal?

demonguy8
11-14-2002, 02:28 PM
if you like the bounce on a preset putting out 800-850... Just try and experience the awsome power of an adjustable set to 1100 (maximum reccomended input for RT).... might i add get a evo2or halob cuz outshooting your Rev becomes childs play... (*side note the marker becomes borderline legal at that high of an input since while its quite reactive it also gets a big fat sweetspot on it which if your not careful makes it go burst full auto which can and will get you banned from most fields/ tourneys)

Creative Mayhem
11-14-2002, 03:54 PM
I have had an AA raptor, for 10+yrs no problems. I love it, it has be designed using similar internals as the AIR valve. Basically the parts are interchangable(orings,etc)

C Mayhem

dcmander
11-16-2002, 12:53 AM
The dynaflow is designed to up the output pressure as the gas inside gets used up. This is to keep its high flow. But the drawback is it can also cause your gun to go hot, ENLESS you have a good enough reg....

How is this "shootup" gonna be with the "shootup" of the RT? Will it be really bad sine the ReTro valve AND tank are both letting more pressure go through the gun??

Help me out on this..is it a good idea to pair the two together (dynaflow and ReTro valve) ??

Mgwannabie
11-16-2002, 01:13 AM
hey im in the market for a flatline too and i need a 4500psi

on this link http://store.yahoo.com/paintballwar...-5-nagfl68.html

how do u kno its a 45k? no were on that site does it say its a 45k or 3k flatline or am i just loosing it?

Mossman
11-16-2002, 01:45 AM
Sorry, I have no experience with dynaflow's....so i can't answer your upping the PSI questions.

However, i do have a 68/4500 Armageddon that I'm picking up from the post office tomorrow. Assuming it all works great, I'd sell it for around 230. If you have any interest please PM me ;) It seems to meet every requirement on your list

now its TIME FOR SLEEP!
-Sam

dcmander
11-16-2002, 02:07 AM
May be interersted, I'll PM you if I am.

oldsoldier
11-16-2002, 09:20 AM
Had an AIR armageddon. Worked great, but heavy. Have a 45k flatline now, works great.

The way to tell the 3k from the 45k is the lettering right above the gauge. It will say 3000 or 4500.

shartley
11-16-2002, 09:26 AM
I love my 68/4500 Flatline, and would recommend it to anyone looking for an adjustable tank.

dcmander
11-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Coaster
if i were you, i would not go with a 4500 flatline because many peole on AO have been having problems with them. If i were to get a 4500 adjustable tank it would DEFINATELY be a dynaflow. The dynaflow has a built in dove tail mount and is made out of aluminum , which i doubt would wear down that quickly. The people taht have dynaflows don't say anything bad about them. I am not sure about the availibility of the Flatlines, but i konw that the dynaflows will be at, and in stock, most online stores.
Yah I'm 80% im gonna grab the dynaflow on eBay for 200$ tomarrow. Here's the link, tell me what you think! it has 2 year left on hydro but is in good condition. Do you think it is a good deal? No ones bidding on it and its at $199.00 ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1582258366&rd=1

The only thing i'm hesitant on with the dynaflow is the fact that you cant see the guages enless the gun is turned on.. I don't keep my gun hooked up w/ macro..when im done playing i take the macro between my tank and gasthru grip off. If i want to see how much psi i have left, its kinda annoying to hook that macroline back up..but i think its worth it..im just lazy and am still in love with my conquest :) :love:

also the "inconsistancy" rumor that when the gun gets under 1000psi... the dynaflow increases the flow as the psi in the tank goes down to keep the highflow..im wondering if the ReTro valve will eve this out to make in consistant..no ones answered me on this... also i'm wondering if ill get mad shootup w/ the dynaflows increase of pressure and the ReTro valve...

Help me out guys..i Need to talk to a mag owner that has a dynaflow! :)

(BTW, that quote about the flatline 4500psi and the problems came from a guy on the pbreview.com forums.)