PDA

View Full Version : Calling espo and fellow foot baggers

magman007
11-12-2002, 05:00 PM
Well hello foot baggers, io finally got my juice dirtbag from flying clipper, in a blue and white configuration. First off, let me say, never get white on a foot bag, pretty bad idea, but it looked cool new! OK so i am trying to figure out, how im supposed to do this. so far i can get 3 juggles, then i loose it. how do i want top keep it in control? hoe do i want to use mt foot etc? please lmk!

EsPo
11-12-2002, 05:23 PM
ok... here we go. first off, the juice dirtbag was an excellent choice.. a few of my friends have them and i love it.

there are many many variations on how to hit the footbag. i would start off with just hitting it with the side of your shoe, on the inside, like right where there is an arc in your foot. once you do that for a little, you can try hittin it with the front of your foot, on the toe part of your shoe. a few more tips, try doing both feet, i am a righty in almost everything, i mean everything, and i found that my left foot was supirior to my right foot when it came to hacking. you can also try hitting it with the side of your shoe, on the outside. the way you hit it usually depends on where the bag goes. if the bag is right in between your legs, hit it with either your right or left foot on the inside of your shoe. if it is in front of you, hit it with the front of your shoe on your toe. if it is on the side of you, hit it with the outside of your shoe.. those are mostly the basic moves. i can go for hours(maybe not hours... ;) ) just hitting it strait up and down with the inside of my foot.

a little more advanced moves should not be tried yet, but can attract lots of attention if you do them right.. once you master the basic moves lmk and ill explain the more advanced moves. it is mostly expierimenting when it comes to unique moves.

stalling: stalling is probably the most frustrating part of footbaggin, you can think that you masted the stall, then it will suprise you and you wont be able to do it at all. as of now, i can do 8 stalls, it is very rare to see me complete all of them in one hack.. but ive done it. the first 2 are right/left foot toe stall. almost self explanitory. basically you hit it up in front of you about a foot or so, then about a foot before it hits the ground, you have to cradle the ball with your foot, move your foot down with the bag. my fav. stalls have to be the head stalls, you hit it strait up and let it fall right on your forehead. another of my fav.s is the neck stall, you hit it up like you are gonna do a forehead stall, but when it is comin down, bend over and cradle it on the back of your neck.

just remember, dont get mad( too easily) an KEEP PRACTICING. to get where i am, it took hours of practice. yes, im a looser, i play paintball movies on warpig and play hacky sack in the basement.

wow.. i wrote alot

Jonno06
11-12-2002, 05:32 PM
lol..

i love hacky sack...

Me and my friend Chris are "professional hacky-sackers"..we play like everyday...i have been playing for a few years now..

I dont really try any hard,complex tricks unless i am just messing around..I just want to hack it..

we have played with up to 20 people before...lots of fun...and hard to hack it..

EsPo
11-12-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
we have played with up to 20 people before...lots of fun...and hard to hack it..

i cant stand playin with that many peeps... me and a few friends always break off and make another mini hack circle when theres that many peeps. we are rebels;)

magman1031
11-12-2002, 06:34 PM
Is the sand one better? Also whats the best sand sack and where can i get it?

EsPo
11-12-2002, 06:38 PM
it all matters on feel, i actually like beads better, but thats only cause thats what i started. i would say try one of each, then buy one.. but the best footbags(in my opinion) can be found <a href="http://www.flyingclipper.com/">here</a> and the best dirtbag(in my opinion) can be found <a href="http://flyingclipper.com/home/fc1/page/3/18">here</a> also if you are just learning and want to know more, i would suggest going <a href="http://www.footbag.org/">here</a>

magman007
11-12-2002, 07:32 PM
hey espo..... how do i wash mine? can it be done? it is lookin pretty dirty and grimey (dumb idea to get white paneling, but blue and white are my colors, and it was custom stiched for me!) It is the juice facile dirtbag..... really want to clean it up... can it be done?

EsPo
11-12-2002, 07:43 PM
mine has gone through the wash a good half a dozen times.. but its bead filled.. so i dunno about the sand. ask your mom.. she would probably know lol

magman007
11-12-2002, 08:02 PM
i wrote jim at the flying clipper an e-mail.... i hope i dont have to buy a new one, but im throwin int in the sink as we speak!

magman1031
11-12-2002, 08:24 PM
any other reccomendations for sand sacks?

magman007
11-12-2002, 08:52 PM
yes, i second the juice facil dirt bag... it is amazing! This is my first time doing it, and i always felt, buying one of the best, the ones made for control, balance etc, is a better idea then going crappy. IM especially happy with this bag. the sand makes it so you gotta kicl it a lil harder, but it makes it easier i think. One thing i noticesd, is baggy clothing hinders your performance, and it is easier to do with shoes on.

ESPO thanks for all the help. the inner foot is easier, and i am getting some combos on. damn chileans and their soccer skils are putting me to shame tho... and they dont even have foot bagging down here!!!

EsPo
11-12-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by magman007
is baggy clothing hinders your performance, and it is easier to do with shoes on.

ESPO thanks for all the help. the inner foot is easier, and i am getting some combos on. damn chileans and their soccer skils are putting me to shame tho... and they dont even have foot bagging down here!!!

happy to help ya out... my portugese friends are like obsessed wit soccer and i have to let them put me to shame or theyll cut my throat lol...

as for the baggy pants.. im punk(ish) so i dont have to worry about that..

Sinnet
11-12-2002, 10:36 PM
noooooooooooooo! you can't wash a dirtbag! that is to take away the very meaning of its being, to be extremely dirty! The dirtier the dirtbag, the better it plays. A friend of mine has a two year old dirtbag that has never been washed... its absolutely filthy, something to be proud of :). through the years of use and grime, it now feels like butter inside it rather than dirt... so smooth! :)

billmi
11-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by EsPo
im a looser, i play paintball movies on warpig

No sir,
That makes you a winner.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

magman007
11-13-2002, 04:42 PM
HEH I already gave away my foot bag....... IT made my firend so incredibly happy, so i gave it to him. Like, this is the happiest he had been in a while. so im glad he is happy. I am ordering a new one tho. This time a juice bag, beed filed, majority blue, with some white paneling.. its gunna look hot i say, and i find the sand is kinda hard to hit, the beds give it more pop

xmetal2001
11-13-2002, 07:20 PM
dumb idea to get white paneling

This time a juice bag, beed filed, majority blue, with some white paneling.

You never learn:rolleyes:

:p :p

EsPo
11-13-2002, 07:23 PM
my dream has red, black and green paneling.. it still looks brand spankin new, i dont see any wear.. except for a lil color fade from being in the wash like 3 times.

Brak
11-13-2002, 08:55 PM
the most i can get is 20 hits, as opposed to espo's one billion. but i only use my right foot, and i only use my toe and my outside. so basically i stand on one foot and keep it plantes hitting it with the same foot over and over again, or hop around keeping my balance. the kids make fun of me until i do my special move!!

i am the only kid who can do the knee bump, which is hitting it about 2 inches in the air off your knee. i do that like 5-10 times, then i bust out the palm-tree.
the palm tree is like a jester, but you take your right leg, throw it over the sack while in the air, and hit it with your left-inside on your right side.

im going to start practicing because when i meet espo on the field i want to be able to out-sack him if i cant out-paintball him!!

Sir Chopsalot
11-13-2002, 09:23 PM
i would never try any of those crazy moves because we play in the little court yard place at school and usually trying new stuff i hit it too hard and if you hit the hack on the roof everyone playing gets to hit you in the stomach...i have yet to hit it on the roof

magman007
11-14-2002, 12:02 PM
xmetal, you see a beed filled bag can got trough thw wash, the sand bag cannot... this way, with white paneling i can wash it!