PDA

View Full Version : two questions - emag battery and housing...

sniper1rfa
11-12-2002, 05:06 PM
alright, the first, does the housing sold in the store come with contacts for the battery.

second, how wide is this part of the casing....

BTW, im thinking of using this to power my revvie and warp, as im having trouble with supplying power to my warp with conventional rechargable 9 volts (they are losing charge too fast). and besides, its just one more cool thing to do to my mayhem. ;)

big E kingpin
11-12-2002, 05:45 PM
my warp is powered off my emag battery, damned if i know how though (just got it from butterfingers), im not about to go tinkering with it that much yet.

vf-xx
11-12-2002, 06:02 PM
the housing is .7205 in across according to my calipers.

The housing most likely doesn't come with battery leads as the leads are directly attached to the battery.

I have my warp powered off my emag. here's some poor picts
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/fscheers/Paintball.htm
(nevermind the batteries in the warp, that pict was taken before i was finished. it works now)

sniper1rfa
11-12-2002, 06:08 PM
sorry, i meant the contacts between the battery and whatever leads run into the gun. i wouldnt know, ive nver taken one apart...

and the measurement i need is that little inside slot thingy. im not too worrie about how wide the housing is. :)

if thats what you ment, then nice, im in the clear, no milling neccessary. :D

vf-xx
11-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Thats the measurement for the width of the slot.

The housing is just the housing. It has no battery components in it at all, no leads, contacts, whatever.

sniper1rfa
11-12-2002, 06:29 PM
excellent! thanks a bunch.

sniper1rfa
11-12-2002, 09:30 PM
another question, how "tall" is the inside of the batt case?
in other words, would a pack of ten AAA's be able to fit in there?

vf-xx
11-12-2002, 10:25 PM
Ten should fit no problem. The standard emag battery uses 14 so go figure.

Kevmaster
11-12-2002, 10:46 PM
doesnt it use 14 AAAs?

sniper1rfa
11-13-2002, 05:47 PM
yeah, i realized that after i posted, when i noticed that the mAh rating was similar to AAA's. :-)

the pack i will be using is set up in a similar fashion, being three bottom, two top.

kutter
11-13-2002, 08:59 PM
sniper1 why not just make it with 14 and have the same voltage with more reserve amperage? That way it would fit right in the housing and you would not have to put anything in with it to take up space, it would also allow you to run the warp longer.

Especially since I think there is a 12v mod for the warp that some folks swear by, but you will have to do a search for it or ask around. I have heard of it but do not play with a warp on my gun so I am not that familiar with it.

vf-xx
11-14-2002, 01:46 AM
I could be convinced to make the 12v mod if it was really wanted. ON the other hand if he's doing this already then he can probably do it himself.

sniper1rfa
11-14-2002, 06:26 PM
well, i was going to, but the whole $160+ for batt, charger, housing, and two power supplies (car and wall) kinda put me off the idea. ;)
i can get (or even make) a decent 12V charger for roughly 30 bucks, as opposed to 80 for AGD's custom built charger. and the battery itself is only 25, instead of 40. its a monetary thing, ya know? :p :D

besides, i would just end up running the warp on 16 volts then. you dont get many more shots with that 4 volt difference, due to the power curve of NiMH (and NiCd) batteries (voltage changed by cell number does nothing to capacity anyway). and the pack im using is 750 mAh, not 640 or whatever the e-mag pack is.

i also dont want to run through a regulator, as they waste battery power while dropping the voltage.

hostage
11-15-2002, 02:18 AM
I have a emag battery housing on my gun and I arranged my own battery pack that saved me a lot of cash. So I only spend about 40 bucks for housing and batteries but i spend a lot more to learn what to do and what not to do. I am prob going to run my warp off the battery too, but i am having some issues with doing it successfully. Hope this helps
-Hostage

BTW, the EMAG battery has 14 AAA cells which are Nickle Metal. No one makes a cell configuration that would fit into the housing other than AGD, unless youmake it or get it custom made. I made myown.

http://www.rit.edu/~dji1133/pics/emag%20002.jpg

sniper1rfa
11-15-2002, 03:01 PM
nobody makes a 16 volt battery configured that way, but i can get 12 volts batteries like that all over the place.

hostage
11-15-2002, 03:06 PM
if you are looking for a 12v config using AAAs I could prob make you one. I have quit a few extras from making my own.
-Doron

sniper1rfa
11-15-2002, 07:22 PM
only if it would be cheaper for a quality pack that way. how much would you charge? and what cells would you be using?

hostage
11-15-2002, 07:34 PM
I can do it with AAAs cells and the cells will be solder together with special nimhs and not taped, which can come loose. I have some 9.6 that i am going to make that will include a charge i would suggest you doign that. Other wise I can do the 12v, don't know how you want to wire it, more info would help.
-Doron

sniper1rfa
11-15-2002, 10:51 PM
woohoo, made apack for the warp and gun, 9.6V. i now feel confident that i can make the 12V one if i need it.

the pack is 8 AAA's in a block, 3 one the bottom, three in the middle, and two on top. fits perfectly.

hostage
11-15-2002, 10:59 PM
Just make sure to get them solder on or find some way better than taping them together, since the connections come loose way to easily. I have some batteries that come with soldering tabs that will make it easy for me to do them. Try finding some like that prefable. Otherwise you will be frustated on the field when you get a short.
-Hostage

sniper1rfa
11-16-2002, 09:20 AM
i soldered them. i soldered 22 ga. wire to one battery, then cut ut and stripped the rest and soldered it onto the next battery. :-)

hey, when you post, its says there are no new posts anyway. :confused: