PDA

View Full Version : flatline orientation thread (new nitro/hpa user over here)

TippmannMan
11-12-2002, 06:53 PM
ok this will hopefully be the last of my flatline questions. i was a CO2 user and recently purchased a 88 ci 4500 psi flatline system. basically all i know so far is... yea... :) so anyway a couple of questions. first of all here is some relevant information

e-mag
soon to be installed level 10 bolt
macroline connected using only 90 degree adapters
88 ci 4500 psi flatline system

ok now then lets get started. in terms of lubing my gun (ive asked before just making sure) i can just disconnect the macroline at the 90 degree adapter on the valve, put a couple of drops, then reconnect and dry fire?

alright now for the more important questions. i have hooked up my e-mag to the flatline system and have not live fired but i can dry fire so obviously i think its working. to do this i simply connected the macroline then twisted the tank regulator knob to the on position. ok good. so i fire a couple of times all is good. but then i twist the tank regulator knob back to the off position and shoot the remaining gas in the gun until it wont fire anymore in an attempt to degas it. i try to unhook the macroline but this is extremely difficult, so i look at the gauge and it still reads about 200 psi left in the system. how can i degas my gun? i understand i should get a proconnect or slide check etc and alot of people have told me that but first of all i need to actually degas the gun :p ok that is the main problem i am having. the rest of the issues are simple questions about nitrogen/HPA systems in general. is it safe/ok to leave pressure in the gun for long periods of time? i wouldnt do it but is it ok if i had the input at 800 psi for a month? also even though i have a 88 ci 4500 psi tank ive only shot about 100 times and its down to 3000 psi on the gauge. is the gauge highly inaccurate? my input psi is approximately 800 and my velocity is only about 280.

thanks to anyone that helps. i really appreciate it and if theres anything you could tell a new nitrogen/HPA user please do. thanks again

sniper1rfa
11-12-2002, 07:18 PM
is the fitting swivel? if it is, slowly unscrew it from the tank/gun until it starts leaking (use a wrench, no pliers). that will work fine.

TippmannMan
11-12-2002, 07:28 PM
THANKS DAVE :D because of Dave the problem of degassing has been solved. no need for help on that anymore. sorry sniper1rfa its a regulator so i cant just unscrew like CO2 or presets :)

sniper1rfa
11-12-2002, 08:13 PM
bah, i meant the actual push-to-connect fitting. :)