PDA

View Full Version : degassing

Dave
11-12-2002, 06:58 PM
About the 1000 psi thing...I think what the guy means is that when the tank gets to around 1000 psi left in the tank, the numbers are not exact...like 600 psi might not really be 600 psi, it could be slightly more or less...also, you will not be able to shoot until the tank is completely at 0 psi, because as the tank pressure lowers towards being empty you will notice the balls don't shoot as far ( aka shootdown) When I play, and my tank reaches between 800-600 psi, I know that I'm going to need a tank refill really soon, because the velocity will start to go down.

As for getting all the air out of the marker...there is not much else to do past shooting it all out. What you need to do is unscrew your field strip screw and back the valve out very very slowly...and pull the trigger while doing this (have a barrel cover on too :cool: ) and you should hear all the air release. Whatever you do, DON'T flip the gun upside down and point the underside of the valve anywhere near you, cause with residual pressure in the valve, the on/off pin may shoot out...which could be very dangerous...so just make sure to have on some safety glasses. After my on/off shot out at me( due to the fact that the quick disconnect nipple was a one way valve!) I will never mess w/my mag without eye protection. I would advise you do the same. Oh, and if you get a quick disconnect, make sure the nipple doesn't have a one-way valve part in it, but that it is hollow to let the air pass through both ways=)

Hope this helps, and if you are new to AO, welcome!

-Dave

Dave
11-12-2002, 07:01 PM
sorry, would a kind moderator please move this post to the 'hazardous situation' thread...I accidentally hit 'new thread' instead of 'post reply'. Sorry!

-Dave

EsPo
11-12-2002, 07:04 PM
just click edit then right above the post click the delete box. if you dont wanna type again, just copy paste.

TippmannMan
11-12-2002, 07:27 PM
THANKS DAVE :D because of Dave all my problems have been solved. no need to reply to this post anymore