PDA

View Full Version : Barrel options besides Freak for Mags

eskimo
11-12-2002, 10:36 PM
I bought the Freak set early this year and have only had a couple chances to use it. I am not as impressed as I thought I would be for the price. Anyway, I have been looking for alternatives with the different inserts/adapters that will actually fit a mag. I have found a couple that look pretty cool, and look a little more durable than the Freak. Just wondering what you use, have used, or have seen. I know there are a lot of barrels out there that will fit Cockers and other threaded markers, but it seems that there are very few that make barrels for mags.
Thanks

Miscue
11-13-2002, 04:01 AM
CP Pro Kit

Rabidus
11-14-2002, 07:44 PM
I bought a Lapco Autospirit and Big shot. The autospirit is for smaller bore paint, while the Big shot is for of course, larger bore paint. I love these barrels and you dont have to worry about taking them apart. Check them out!

Shirow
11-14-2002, 08:38 PM
J&J edge kit
J&J edge kit
J&J edge kit
J&J edge kit
J&J edge kit
J&J edge kit
J&J edge kit

Thordic
11-14-2002, 09:44 PM
CP Pro kit seems to be popular, as well as the J&J kit. They are essentially the same kit, though, so take your pick of the two.

The Spectre kit is getting a lot of hype lately, but its too new to make a decision on, as far as I am concerned. Let other people with more money to waste test it out for you :)

50 cal
11-15-2002, 11:08 PM
I use a Carbon Fiber barrel a lot on my Emag. It will shoot anything I stuff in it with no problem.

einhander619
11-19-2002, 02:07 PM
My stock RT barrel never did me wrong, otherwise I'd say j&j. damn fine product!

toymyster
11-19-2002, 02:27 PM
The Equation Multiple Switch set!!! It shoots darts, and will fit H/L, H/R, and Centerfeed Mags!! Check them out!! Link is in my sig!!!

Kevmaster
11-19-2002, 04:08 PM
i second the Lapco movement....hehe

they make great stuff and i love their work. i have yet to shoot a barrel that is as accurate as a lapco. i love them, plus they come in 12" usually and thats just abut the right length for me

toymyster
11-21-2002, 03:05 PM
Kevmaster, as soon as you get a chance, try out the Equation barrels, I'll wager Lapco will become your second favorite barrel!!!

Shirow
11-21-2002, 03:14 PM
Which equation set are you using? The one I'm looking at it is kinda confusing... it has different size backs AND inserts? And what is so good about them? They look interesting at least..

Kevmaster
11-21-2002, 04:37 PM
i dont know, i love having two barrels...i just pop on the one that fits for that day...nothing to worry about 5 different bore sizes. i had a nice freak(SS back, 14"AA tip, 10"Prog Tip, 8 inserts) and it chopped like a mofo and SP wouldnt do anything to help me, so i said screw this....

i went lapco and prolly wont go back

Miscue
11-21-2002, 05:27 PM
I don't recommend Equation... cheaply constructed.

eskimo
11-21-2002, 08:54 PM
Has anyone seen/used the Titanium Longbow by Titanium Paintball? The review seems good. The biggest factor is the weight or there-for lack of. They seem pretty pricey $300+.?

toysallround
11-22-2002, 11:10 PM
I like the 12" J&J Ceramics. Shoot straight and quiet. For less money than I spent on my Freak, J&J made 4 12" ceramic barrels each with a different bore size. I think the accuracy is better than the freak and I don't have to worry about denting the inserts. If I had it to do over, I would only get the .687 and .689 bores but get 12" and 14" lengths.

toymyster
11-23-2002, 01:19 AM
One of the great things about the Equation set is that you can mix and match the length, the color, the design, etc...!! The inserts are teflon coated stainless steel so you they won't dent on you if you look at them wrong like the Freak's, they also shoot through breaks easily!!! The backs fit all mags, H/L, H/R, and Centefeed. And Miscue, when was the last time you looked at them?? They are not made cheap at all!! I used to have a freak set, I sold it because my old Crown Point shot better than the whole set!!