PDA

View Full Version : Black "teflon" bodies?

BowlesRacing
11-12-2002, 11:11 PM
I've got a black bodied automag, but what's with this "teflon" people keep talking about?

Are all black bodies "teflon"?

What part is teflon, and why?

Thanks
-Brad

ChucktheMAGician
11-12-2002, 11:30 PM
Teflon refers to the coating that comes on the body, I'm pretty sure that all of the stock black bodies are Teflon. You could however you sand them down and paint or powdercoat them black, but that would be quiet the waste of time! Teflon is the stuff that coats non-stick cooking pans. Which makes me wonder, if nothing sticks to Telfon, how do they get it to stick to the pan?!

TippmannMan
11-13-2002, 05:10 PM
this is pretty obvious of an answer but im sure there is a way. im pretty sure there IS something that sticks to teflon else it would be like a miracle coat and probably get alot more uses than getting on a frying pan. also im sure the material has different properties when it is applied probably in liquid or spray form.

mountainbob84
11-19-2002, 12:45 AM
Teflon is polytetrafluoroethylene which is basically a chain of carbons bonded to two fluorines each, these fluorines don't easily bond with any thing else, hence the nonstick, but they can be stripped away using certain solvents. Then the film of teflon, minus fluorines on one side, can be stuck to a surface with an adhesive. that answer your question?

ALF702
11-19-2002, 02:41 AM
but the question is why they made the mag bodys like that?? I mean.. it doesn't make a performance difference. unless paintball paint doesn't stick to it like eggs dont stick to my frying pan..