PDA

View Full Version : Is it appropriate to post the "How much is my gun worth?" threads?

Skoad
11-13-2002, 01:10 AM
I've seen a lot of people with these threads but i have never read any of them, so im not sure how the AO community feels about em.

I would like to get a feel for my gun's worth but unsure if these sort of posts are condemned in this forum, or something like that.

thx,

Skoad

Army
11-13-2002, 01:31 AM
It's completely appropriate.......in the Marker Forum!

shartley
11-13-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Army
It's completely appropriate.......in the Marker Forum!
I rest my case...

Therefore if you already have a thread selling a marker in the Marker Forum, and then you post another asking how much it would be worth, it would be double posting.

Thanks Mods for clearling this up. I will post a link to this thread in the thread where folks were giving me flack for trying to point this out....

shartley
11-14-2002, 02:48 PM
LOL You are silly. I am through playing your childish games. You have a problem with me personally… do something more than try to make waves online, or get a life. I have tried to be nice about this but you will just not “play nice”.

I openly state I am not a Moderator, but you insist on tossing around crap as if I DO think I am one… since when were YOU made a Moderator? Since when were YOU appointed the voice of the Moderators? It seems like you feel the need to point out the “report this post to a moderator” link a whole lot, but like to complain when others point out other AO features.

So sad…..
:rolleyes:

(Added: I find it odd that I can not find that quote from Phil… could it have been made in a PM? And was it about the situation at hand? Who knows… I think I will ask him personally.)

Creative Mayhem
11-14-2002, 03:12 PM
go shartley... go shartley:) I personally don't care where it's posted just as long as it's not posted more than once. I get tired reading double/similar threads. This is just my opinion, and I too am NOT a moderator.

C Mayhem

cphilip
11-14-2002, 03:45 PM
and then I said this right after that...

"However why not ask that same question in the very in the sale thread itself? It gives it a free up and makes people aware you would consider offers now."

bofh
11-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
Its their job, not yours.

Actually, I would consider it all of our responsiblity to maintain the dignity, civility and standards of *our* forum.

So in part, it is all of our jobs. We can't ask the moderators to shoulder the entire burden of policing the forums. We *should* be somewhat self policing.

cphilip
11-14-2002, 04:40 PM
I believe I closed it for duplicity if I recall. Not to mention it was in the wrong place as well but I think it was one of two similar posts.

So lets drop it now ok?

Restola
11-14-2002, 04:49 PM
edit

Oh great I post and you all edit yours.

Oh well...

bofh
11-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
We are self policing. Its called hit the button at the bottom of the screen. That is what its there for.

Actually self-policing would be the parent poster deleting the parent post, once somebody correctly points out that you shouldn't be double posting.

Calling the attention of the moderators for something as minor as a double post, just wastes their time, if it's something we can handle ourselves. And it's not self-policing.

Tom Sparkman
11-14-2002, 05:25 PM
This has got to be the most confusing thread I've read in a while - I guess I missed a few changes and deleted posts...

Tom :D

bofh
11-14-2002, 05:36 PM
Well, that's what I get for keeping my edit window open too long. Sooo, should I go back and edit my content or delete the posts?

shartley
11-14-2002, 05:43 PM
I say leave everything alone (as it stands now)... just don't feed the fire.